Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Search for The Portland Timbers PK Against DC United  on your favorite tubing site.

Wonder if any ref in the prem would be brave enough to do that  :lol:

I mean the keeper does come off the line each time but not a lot of ref's would have the bottle to call that.

I love watching the video and hearing (or not hearing) how quiet the crowd gets in Portland when someone goes to take a PK.  Also, just the crowd in general, awesome awesome stuff out there.  So loud, even for 19k.

An interesting five minutes or so though none the less.

(it's on the official MLS youtube channel for anyone who wants to watch it).

Ref's were in the right there. Obviously open to debate still given just how rarely a ref makes a call like that, same with when a ref gives a pen for holding in the box on one occasion but not in the twenty odd similar situations before or the twenty odd similar situations after.

Check out JamieDalton82.

@JamieDalton82

@YouAreMyArsenal

It's a shame as Afobe was one of the decent ones - I think the seniors will be ok as they have a bit more about them

YouAreMyArsenal You Are My Arsenal

@

@JamieDalton82 Agreed. The seem to understand to some point what not to do or say. And yes I hate the Afobe is gone.

Just read this. I may have misunderstood though?

Leaving twitter :lol: Knew he wouldn't go, if he turned Barca down to stay with us i couldn't imagine where he'd be going. He's going to be a great great player :)

Check out JamieDalton82.

@JamieDalton82

@YouAreMyArsenal

It's a shame as Afobe was one of the decent ones - I think the seniors will be ok as they have a bit more about them

YouAreMyArsenal You Are My Arsenal

@

@JamieDalton82 Agreed. The seem to understand to some point what not to do or say. And yes I hate the Afobe is gone.

Just read this. I may have misunderstood though?

Leaving twitter :lol: Knew he wouldn't go, if he turned Barca down to stay with us i couldn't imagine where he'd be going. He's going to be a great great player :)

Haha. There you go. Definitely looking like a huge talent.

Guest Stephen927

Taarabt has quit the international team after being told he wouldn't be starting their next game. Says he would now prefer to represent his country through his club.

What a bell.

"I am currently in Marseille," he told Moroccan station Radio Mars on Friday.

"I never want to play for the national team again, with or without (Morocco coach) Eric Gerets."

"I decided to quit the national team after learning that I was not going to start against Algeria," Taarabt explained.

"I left without giving any explanations to the coach. I did not want to create any problems within the squad."

"The national team is now finished for me. I would prefer to represent my country through my club."

"I am currently in Marseille," he told Moroccan station Radio Mars on Friday.

"I never want to play for the national team again, with or without (Morocco coach) Eric Gerets."

"I decided to quit the national team after learning that I was not going to start against Algeria," Taarabt explained.

"I left without giving any explanations to the coach. I did not want to create any problems within the squad."

"The national team is now finished for me. I would prefer to represent my country through my club."

Oh my...

Piece in the Guardian about Joe Cole and Milan Jovanovic earning £100k and £120k a week respectively at Liverpool. Also, the scousers are scheduled to pay the remaining £4.4m of the Aquilani transfer by the end of the month, bringing the total fee to £17.6m.

:cheesy:

Guest magpie99

yes, that and the huge loss they made on Robbie Keane (bought for 20, sold for 12) within a year, wasnt it?

Benites made some shocking signings for them, as did Hodgson