Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Just realised why we sign most of our players from France, It's not the lower transfer fees/wages, It's because the French flag is the same colour as the sports direct brand.

On a more serious, releated note. Did someone not say he's recently invested in some well-known French brand? Probably why tbf, raising profiles and all that.

I think the recent one he bought was 'No Fear' (who I think are American). SD though are looking to open stores in France, but I really don't think that relates to us or affects our transfer policy.

The very simple reason we are buying players from the French league, or players like Santon and Tiote from other leagues is that with good scouting, we can pick up impressive young(ish) players who are willing to come to us, for relatively reasonable prices.

Considering the only players we have actually bought from France under Ashley are Cabaye and Ben Arfa (Abeid, Marveaux were unattached but I guess could also be included), I'd be delighted if we feel we can pick up any more players like that from there.

Bullshit.

:lol: How's that then?

Was it the "worst pen ever" vid? Have a look for Peter Devine's against Whitley Bay, truly the worst of all time.

It was one from Asia somewhere, wasn't nearly as bad as the Devine one though. The ball actually went nearish to the goal.

Guest andyburn

And we think having players injured is bad...

Wednesday, September 8: Lokomotiv Yaroslavl ice hockey team had left their local airport when the plane crashed shortly after takeoff on their way to Minsk, the capital of Belarus, where they were to play their opening game of the Kontinental Hockey League season. Of the 45 on board, 37 were players, coaches and team officials.

Sad day. A whole team, coaches, staff, wiped out.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/theoptafootballquiz

5. Name the six players who have scored four or more goals in two separate Premier League matches

6. Name the only team to score 100+ Premier League goals in a single season and the only team to concede 100 (point awarded for team and point awarded for season)

7. Which goalkeeper has been shown the most cards in Premier League history?

8. Name the only three goalkeepers to have scored a goal in Premier League history

9. Which team has been relegated from the Premier League most often (one point for team, one point for number of times relegated)

10. Which team has recorded the lowest ever points total and how many points did they accrue? (one point for team, one point for number of points)

11. Who is the only player to score more than 100 Premier League goals at a single stadium?

12. Name the only six players to be sent off in consecutive Premier League games