Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Is that who it is? I thought it was just some random off the streets.

Hopefully there is an AIDS riddled blood thrower in the BBC building with a hate of football.

I only know it's him as they whacked his name on the screen.

Pretty sure Phil Brown would maintain his smug smile even if he was forced to watch the execution of his children.

Several outlets running the rumor that Guardiola is going to announce today or tomorrow he's staying one more year.

Do it, Pep.

I know he might want to very his career and have a change eventually, but he could also just accept that he's been lucky enough to inherit the best football team ever and just enjoy it for as long as he can.

Batistuta in an interview today: "I would have been a Ballon d'Or winner had I played for Barça".

True or false? (disregard the Barça aspect and put any other big team) Do you think that the fact he remained most of his career at Fiore has affected his appreciation as a player? To me, he's one of the greatest strikers of the past 20 years, but I still place him below the Zidanes, Ronaldos, etc... His record and performances for Argentina were also astonishing (he's still their all time goalscorer), but again that was during a time were Argentina didn't achieve much. The way they went out against Netherlands in the 1998 WC, after he had played so brilliantly in the group stages, was very disappointing.

He could score from anywhere, he was one of the most complete strikers - in regards of his mastery of the different finishing techniques - I have ever seen.

Ridiculously talented player. You know you're good when they've built a statue of you at the ground before you've left the club.

Very similar to Shearer in his pomp IMO. Both could score every kind of goal conceivable and both just lived to celebrate goals.

One of my heros growing up watching Serie A on a Sunday afternoon.