Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I always wore my Barça shirts while I lived in NYC. Actually, I could chronicle our ascension to fame throughout the number of people recognizing it and yelling me stuff as I jogged at Central Park from 2007 onwards :lol:

Living abroad and wearing it whilst jogging is not the same as wearing it on holiday really.

I always wore my Barça shirts while I lived in NYC. Actually, I could chronicle our ascension to fame throughout the number of people recognizing it and yelling me stuff as I jogged at Central Park from 2007 onwards :lol:

Living abroad and wearing it whilst jogging is not the same as wearing it on holiday really.

Yeah not quite like sitting in a bar in Magaluf.

I know, it was an identity thing. "I'm a Catalan in New York".

I once was confused for a Crystal Palace fan though.

I certainly wouldn't be thinking "Catalan in New York". Much more "US jerk who doesn't know shit about football, wearing shirt of world's most popular team".

Less catchy as a lyric though.

I certainly wouldn't be thinking "Catalan in New York". Much more "US jerk who doesn't know s*** about football, wearing shirt of world's most popular team".

As I said, that was on 2007. Nobody but us wore Barça shirts back then. Most people didn't even recognize the shirt.

I certainly wouldn't be thinking "Catalan in New York". Much more "US jerk who doesn't know s*** about football, wearing shirt of world's most popular team".

As I said, that was on 2007. Nobody but us wore Barça shirts back then. Most people didn't even recognize the shirt.

Not sure I buy that buddy, not sure I buy that one bit. You had just won the Champions League..

bollocks

Not sure I buy that buddy, not sure I buy that one bit. You had just won the Champions League..

Man, it's not Europe, most people in Manhattan only cared about the big PL teams. It wasn't until the treble season that people there started to notice us and jumped the bandwagon.

Every single person I met 2007-2008 wearing another Barça shirt there, was also a Catalan.

Buy what you wish though, it's a free market economy.

Yeah sorry VI but that is just utter nonsense. Barca shirts have been massively popular in California since the 90s at least. I was even given a '98 replica shirt as a gift which I still have and never wear. I don't mean to defame you or your club but wearing a Barca shirt over here always has been the same as wearing a Man U or Real Shirt: it screams I don't know sh*t about football.

Think what you will, I'm not lying. I always made a point of greeting other people wearing a Barça shirt and never found another one that wasn't Spanish until 2009. Maybe people had them but certainly preferred to wear their Liverpool/ManU ones until we became trendy.

I suppose it would have been different if I jogged in Queens, but certainly not in Central Park.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Porto fined €20k for racist chanting. As pointed out by Oliver Kay:

Uefa disciplinary tariff: racist chanting (Porto) €20k fine; criticising ref (Wenger) €40k + 3-game t/line ban; use flares (Barcelona) €95k

Pathetic by UEFA

VI isn't even from Spain at all imo, plastic Barca fan.

He's never been to Spain or America, tbh. Lives in Fawdon.

And yeah, Barca and Real shirts have been the go-to gear for clueless muppets - myself included - since the dawn of time.

Handy starter of banter having a footy shirt with you somewhere odd aka not a European beach resort.

Might need to do some representing at a local game, off to Bolivia v Brazil? Better stick the Toon shirt on.

My first ever strip was a Valencia away one when I was about 3. ;)

Same, oddly enough - though i think it was actually a home kit at that point. That shiny material, like the silver NUFC away kit in the eighties. Red and yellow stripes with a blue collar.

Handy starter of banter having a footy shirt with you somewhere odd aka not a European beach resort.

Might need to do some representing at a local game, off to Bolivia v Brazil? Better stick the Toon shirt on.

i will give you a fiver if you write FIOS on a world famous landmark.