Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Don't like Sheff Wed.

Another team that despite obvious financial problems have somehow found a way to draft in a load of Championship standard players this season.

Plus they acted like twats a few year ago when they beat Hartlepool in the play-off final.

Anybody see Jay Emmanuel-Thomas' goal for Arsenal reserves a few days ago?

It's on a popular video side, great skill.

Aye, he's class, he's too good for the reserves genuinely man against boys. Just walks through them.

Remember that corner Man Utd did a couple of years ago when Rooney rolled the ball about a foot out of the quadrant to make it look like the ball wasn't yet in play and Giggs took the ball and they scored but it was disallowed?  I remember backing the referee saying if the other team had gone and knicked the ball then Man Utd would have squealed "we've not taken it yet".  Well Kilmarnock tried the same thing against Dundee Utd yesterday but the Utd player was switched on and ran across to steal the ball - the referee waved play on and none of the Kilmarnock players complained.  I take it all back.

Why are India so bad at football anway? At least China has made a few decent players. There's three or four billion between the two nations and with such a young population, you'd figure a decent percentage would be fit males who enjoy football.

Lack of infrastructure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_football/3937015.stm - canny old like.

Because Nigeria, Cote D'Ivoire, Ghana, Senegal, and Mali are putting their youngplayers through world class training facilities and top class coaching. We cannot even build roads correctly, yet we breed footballers.

Because football is your main sport. 99% of Indians don't give a shit about anything but cricket.

Hence, they produce top class cricketers regularly rather than the class footballers that come out of West Africa.

Why are India so bad at football anway? At least China has made a few decent players. There's three or four billion between the two nations and with such a young population, you'd figure a decent percentage would be fit males who enjoy football.

Cue sterotypical gag:

Every time they get a corner,they build a shop.

Because Nigeria, Cote D'Ivoire, Ghana, Senegal, and Mali are putting their youngplayers through world class training facilities and top class coaching. We cannot even build roads correctly, yet we breed footballers.

Because football is your main sport. 99% of Indians don't give a shit about anything but cricket.

Hence, they produce top class cricketers regularly rather than the class footballers that come out of West Africa.

Football is more popular than Cricket in India.

Big fucking headline: Lahm tempted by move abroad

followed by

"I decided to stay in Bayern, because the club is part of me, I live for Bayern and I like Bayern, so why should I leave?

"They are one of the top five clubs in the world, we are building something here.

"All I ask is that we have the opportunity to win the Champions League and that is the case here."

:lol:

Remember that corner Man Utd did a couple of years ago when Rooney rolled the ball about a foot out of the quadrant to make it look like the ball wasn't yet in play and Giggs took the ball and they scored but it was disallowed?  I remember backing the referee saying if the other team had gone and knicked the ball then Man Utd would have squealed "we've not taken it yet".  Well Kilmarnock tried the same thing against Dundee Utd yesterday but the Utd player was switched on and ran across to steal the ball - the referee waved play on and none of the Kilmarnock players complained.  I take it all back.

I get youth teams trying this trick every now and then.....they get one bite at that trick and think they are very cool for trying that, but then guaranteed within a few minutes they have a free kick that they "re-position" with their foot, and then I award a IFK for a "double-touch" going the other way. Soon ends that malarky, and they usually don't try it again in my games.