Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Here's the fucking problem.

Celtic wanted a penalty which wasn't a penalty.  Celtic threw the dolly out of the fucking pram about it boo hoo.  The referee told a porky in his explanation of why a penalty was (correctly) not given.  Celtic are now trying to turn deflect the issue away from the fact that an official made a correct decision in an attempt to make the issue that the official told a porky therefore the SFA are against Celtic and that's why they won't win the league this season despite spending more money than Rangers.

Fucking go away.  We've been listening to the same paranoid straw-man arguments since the year fucking dot.  Here's the news; every team gets decisions against them from time to time (although you're complaining about a correct decision).  We all tell lies and sometimes they disadvantage people except in this case it didn't disadvantage you.  It doesn't make it a fucking conspiracy it just makes you a bunch of paranoid fucking morons.

I could go all night with this lot but i'll leave it there for now.

Totally, FAs in general need to grow a backbone and get behind their referees.

Managers and players need to learn to tow the line.

Quotes from Sir Keith Mills, who led the 2012 Olympic bid, is on the advisory board for the 2018 World Cup bid and is also a Tottenham director......................

“If the Olympic Park legacy company decides our bid is the preferred one, then we'll put all our efforts behind trying to move there,” he says. “If we get a 60,000-seat stadium in the Olympic Park at a lower cost than we can in Haringey, the club will have less debt. Fans would never forgive us for landing the club with so much debt that we can't go and buy players.”

He accepts the downside of moving away from the original home of Tottenham but says there are upsides.

“We'll be moving to a part of London that is 100 per cent more accessible; we'll generate more revenue; it's closer to Canary Wharf and to the City; and it'll attract more sponsorship,” he says.

Only confirming what has been obvious for some time .

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/interviews/article-23900185-sir-keith-mills-i-know-why-tv-probe-will-not-kill-our-2018-bid.do

Do you think it makes sense in any way though?

Seems to me that Spurs are just trying to add credibility to a bid that was clearly designed to intimidate the council into allowing their original new stadium plans.

I think that Spurs are doing what they can to remove the clauses that Haringey Council,  TFL (Transport for London), English Heritage and others are trying to add on to the total cost.  The extras that they want for easing the process (others would call it blackmail) is currently reckoned to be something between £40-70m.  It's not necessarily about getting the original new stadium plans back, it's the extras that are being added on.  Haringey have approved the plans and yesterday approved the Compulsory Purchase Orders, the package is now with the Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London, who is due to give his decision on 25th November.

The Olympic Park legacy company make their preferred option public in March.  Even the majority on West Ham's forums reckon Spurs with AEG have got a stronger package that West Ham with Newham Council.  It really depends on whether the legacy company select Spurs and whether Haringey have made any concessions on funding.  My gut feeling is that we'll wind up in Stratford, can't see Haringey offering enough back to turn Levy's head.

Really interesting that, I didn't know those details. I just couldn't imagine Spurs playing in Stratford.

Nor could I to be honest but most fans think it is increasingly likely.  Not surprising but splitting the fans into 2 camps, stay in Tottenham with huge debt or move to Stratford with £150m more in the bank.  Tough decision to make, what is obvious is that to stay as we are at WHL will slowly but surely take us backwards.

Also good to see that:

His club, who have unilaterally fined and banned the Uruguayan for two games, will not appeal against the punishment.

Clubs like Chelsea or Arsenal should take note.

Ashley must be fuming, it appears he's lost his position as the stingiest and stupidest owner in the league.  :kasper:

Blackpool players were offered a bonus last year if they managed to avoid relegation and stay in the Championship, but because they got promoted and so didn't "stay in the Championship" the club tried to get out of paying the bonus (and risked breaching the players contracts thus allowing them to leave for nowt).  :cheesy:

I doubt Mike will stand for this for long though, I'm sure he'll come up with something soon to get his title back.

Ashley must be fuming, it appears he's lost his position as the stingiest and stupidest owner in the league.  :kasper:

Blackpool players were offered a bonus last year if they managed to avoid relegation and stay in the Championship, but because they got promoted and so didn't "stay in the Championship" the club tried to get out of paying the bonus (and risked breaching the players contracts thus allowing them to leave for nowt).  :cheesy:

I doubt Mike will stand for this for long though, I'm sure he'll come up with something soon to get his title back.

That's brilliant :lol:

Mourinho, Casillas, Ramos, Xabi Alonso & Dudek charged by UEFA.

Riduculous really...like to see how UEFA establish the intention behind being carded! The football authorities are really good at meddling in what they are not supposed to and not meddling in areas that they are supposed to (goal line technology)!