Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Reading the latest FourFourTwo, Juan Carlos Garrido (Villareal manager) is interviewed, saying that he came to England a while ago to see how we conduct training sessions and he came to Man Utd , Liverpool and Newcastle.

He said about Newcastle:

I love Newcastle's stadium where the climate is dark but the stadium is light, big and modern

Guest guinness_fiend

Ferguson's had a hissy fit and recalled 3 players from Preston after his son has been given the boot.

What a legend.

FYP - great foresight by the owners.

I'm not sure whether football has a bigger arselicker than Brian Kidd. He's just been on SSN giving a press conference, such a Smithers, referring to "The Boss" every twenty seconds.

How is stoppage time currently calculated?

Not sure if this is already being implemented in some form or another, but if when the referee sees stoppage he starts a stopwatch which is remotely linked to the fourth officials/TV broadcasters screens, then we can see how stoppage time accrues and there will be transparency at Old Trafford for example.

30 secs for each goal + 30 secs for each sub+ any injuries usually.

Guest Tall Striker

Not sure if this is already being implemented in some form or another, but if when the referee sees stoppage he starts a stopwatch which is remotely linked to the fourth officials/TV broadcasters screens, then we can see how stoppage time accrues and there will be transparency at Old Trafford for example.

That's what it's meant to be, but is it bollocks.

I'd say it's along the lines of

3 mins: No major stoppages and few minor stoppages

4 mins: Either a major stoppage and plenty of minor stoppages

5 mins: 1 or more major stoppages

6 mins: Man United not winning.

That's what it's meant to be, but is it bollocks.

I'd say it's along the lines of

3 mins: No major stoppages and few minor stoppages

4 mins: Either a major stoppage and plenty of minor stoppages

5 mins: 1 or more major stoppages

6 mins: Man United not winning.

It's not just about stoppages though- it also includes goals and subs. Most games will have 2/3 subs for each side and usually a goal, so it's always going to be at least 3 mins. I agree it would be more straightforward with a designated timekeeper though.

I'd have done the same.

What, punished a club for correctly sacking a manager?

He acts like a 3 year old when things don't go his way, pathetic.

There's no disputing the sacking was correct but if anybody sacked my son I'd get my own back, no matter how petty it is!

It was pointed out to me on another site earlier on today that the five yellow card rule becomes redundant on the 31st December. I never knew this this, but it is good news for Newcastle. This means that you dont get suspensions for picking up five bookings anymore, and a player will only get a suspension if they pick up ten bookings between now and the second Sunday in April, although the suspension will be for two matches instead of the usual one.

i was wondering that,  i was at my dads a few days ago and he was watching some match on sky and i thought the commentator had said something along those lines,  as usual though he was oblivious and didn't hear anything so couldn't confirm it.  Its good news for the likes of Barton and Carroll but still bad for Tiote,  he's 2 yellows from a 2 game ban.  If he gets them in the next 2 games he'll miss the mackems.