Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Lee Ryder has found some shit stats this week.

The Republic of Ireland striker has made a great start to his Premier League career with United, with five goals in seven games putting him on par with Andy Cole’s prolific sequence at the start of the 93/94 campaign.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/25/leon-best-i-need-to-keep-taking-my-chances-72703-28234894/#ixzz1EyShy2gU

Now this stat. Of course we have not won in a long time due to relegation, we were shit last time in the prem & games get moved for TV & teams being in Europe. We have not won a Championship home game on Saturday @ 3pm since 10 April 2010!!!! SACK THE BOARD!!! PARDS OUT!!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/24/st-pauli-press-officer

The Bundesliga club St Pauli, who have a reputation for doing things differently, included one of their media officers in the squad for Saturday's game against Hannover 96 due to a lack of fit defenders.

Hauke Brückner, 30, who works as a press officer for the alternative Hamburg club and has played for the Under-23 team, received a call from the coach, Holger Stanislawski, who told him to turn up at training "in one hour".

"Against Hannover we only have four fit defenders so it makes sense to bring in Hauke," Stanislawski said.

Brückner, who played 10 games in Germany's second division in the 2002-03 season, said his new team-mates were surprised to see him.

"When I walked into the changing room with my bag, the boys were staring at me, not really believing it," Brückner said. "They did crack some jokes but I know them well and after that everything was good."

:thup:

Starting to dread players doing well now because I know it will lead to "well that's him gone in the summer then".

I don't really dread players doing well, just wish we didn't have to turn positives into negatives so much.

Aye, exactly. We could finish in Europe yet, and it could totally influence the whole summer.

But apparently finishing in Europe is also a negative thing, it's too many matches.  :lol:

Remember: extra matches in Europe increase injuries by 1000%.

It surely can't be too much different from playing the Championship...

Guest Geordiesned

It seems incredibly harsh to put this in here but at the same time will get it more views.

Dunston play Whitley Bay next Saturday in the Quarter Final of the FA Vase. This is from the Dunston website an hour ago:

It is with great regret and much sadness that I have to report the death of our physio, Matty Annan. Matty died this morning while out jogging and more than this I don't know for sure at present. This came as a great shock to us all and it is difficult to come to terms with it. Matty had been with Dunston UTS (The Fed) for nine seasons and was very well thought of and much respected by everybody connected with the club and I know for sure by many players from other clubs.

Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time and we offer our sincere and deepest condolences.

R.I.P. Matty Annan

From all at Dunston UTS FC

It seems incredibly harsh to put this in here but at the same time will get it more views.

Dunston play Whitley Bay next Saturday in the Quarter Final of the FA Vase. This is from the Dunston website an hour ago:

It is with great regret and much sadness that I have to report the death of our physio, Matty Annan. Matty died this morning while out jogging and more than this I don't know for sure at present. This came as a great shock to us all and it is difficult to come to terms with it. Matty had been with Dunston UTS (The Fed) for nine seasons and was very well thought of and much respected by everybody connected with the club and I know for sure by many players from other clubs.

Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time and we offer our sincere and deepest condolences.

R.I.P. Matty Annan

From all at Dunston UTS FC

RIP.

Guest palnese

NeilAshton_NOTW Neil Ashton

Big, big story about an England player in tomorrow's News of the World, made it on front and back page.

endabrady enda brady

#Chelsea fans - make sure you get a paper in the morning . . . . . !