Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Whatever happenned to Deportivo Alaves who Liverpool beat in the UEFA Cup Final last decade?

They seem to have had a massive fall from grace, did they just iverachieve in that season?

overachieve massively. That was only their 6th or 7th season ever in the Spanish topflight.

Whatever happenned to Deportivo Alaves who Liverpool beat in the UEFA Cup Final last decade?

They seem to have had a massive fall from grace, did they just iverachieve in that season?

overachieve massively. That was only their 6th or 7th season ever in the Spanish topflight.

Got f***ed over by Dmitry Piterman too, the club destroyer.

Only the halfway stage, but qualification for the ACoN next year is looking very unpredictable with some big teams having the possibility of failing to qualify.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Africa_Cup_of_Nations_qualification

Botswana are already there, having won 5 and drawn 1 of their 6 games. Before then they'd never even really came close to qualifying.

Egypt, who have won the last 3 tournaments have just 1 point from their first 3 games. It's looking very likely that they wont get there. Cameroon too, look like they must rely on getting in as a best runner up, while Morocco and Algeria are tied on points with Central African Republic and Tanzania. Cape Verde also top their group ahead of Mali as it stands.

I doubt many of you apart from Baba will find this at all interesting, but it seems weird that these smaller nations with shocking past records in qualifying are pushing the perennial big guns all the way.

Only the halfway stage, but qualification for the ACoN next year is looking very unpredictable with some big teams having the possibility of failing to qualify.

Botswana are already there, having won 5 and drawn 1 of their 6 games. Before then they'd never even really came close to qualifying.

Egypt, who have won the last 3 tournaments have just 1 point from their first 3 games. It's looking very likely that they wont get there. Cameroon too, look like they must rely on getting in as a best runner up, while Morocco and Algeria are tied on points with Central African Republic and Tanzania. Cape Verde also top their group ahead of Mali as it stands.

I doubt many of you apart from Baba will find this at all interesting, but it seems weird that these smaller nations with shocking past records in qualifying are pushing the perennial big guns all the way.

But don't worry, the only African in our squad is still on track to be gone for a month  :thup: Cote d'Ivoire are coasting....

But don't worry, the only African in our squad is still on track to be gone for a month  :thup: Cote d'Ivoire are coasting....

How can you forget our Super Eagle better than Obafemi Martins, more loyal than Andy Carroll, sexier than Zorro, who plays through the pain barrier every time he's on the pitch?  :knuppel2:

will be interesting to see some of these new teams. equatorial guinea are co-hosting, they're guaranteed to be turboshit. how the hell have botswana managed that? most their squad play in botswana - bit fishy iyam.

cape verde might be ones to watch in a couple of years, there's been a fair few players either born there or with cape verde ancestry - nani, nelson, manuel fernandes, henrik larsson, gelson fernandes, rolando. if players like that in the future start choosing cape verde they'll have a formidable team.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3493900/Survey-reveals-Manchester-United-are-the-most-loathed-company-in-Britain.html

MANCHESTER United is the most loathed company in Britain, a poll shows.

Twenty-six per cent of people put Sir Alex Ferguson's team at the top of their hate list.

Soccer rivalry and the success and power of the club were blamed.

The next most hated firm was Ryanair, with 23 per cent. People said they can't stand the airline's money-grabbing antics.

British Gas, blamed for hiking prices, was hated by 22 per cent, and fast food giant McDonald's by 19 per cent.

Britain is still seething at the bonuses paid to bankers - with 17 per cent naming RBS and 16 per cent Lloyds as the firms they cannot stand.

They were followed by Starbucks (14 per cent) and BT (13 per cent).

The Online Opinions survey of 1,000 people found banking was the most hated sector, followed by utilities, petrol firms, fast food outlets and public transport.

edit:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3493820/Scotland-fans-accused-of-racially-abusing-Brazil-star-Neymar.html

SCOTLAND'S Tartan Army were last night accused of racially abusing Brazilian wonder-kid Neymar.

The £30million-rated Chelsea target claimed a banana was thrown at him after scoring twice in his country's 2-0 friendly win at the Emirates Stadium.

THROWN ... banana

Neymar said: "I was running down the touchline in the second half and saw the banana but I didn't see where it came from. The fans were jeering me a lot. This atmosphere of racism is totally sad."

But Hamish Husband of the Tartan Army Association emphatically denied the claims.

He insisted: "Any suggestion of racism today is absolute tosh.

"The only reason Neymar was booed was because we believed he was feigning injury."

Funny how all the companies people hate are the ones they use the most. Starbucks FFS.

Go into central London and you'll see why. Swear there's one every 80 yards in places.

Fantastic justification for hatred there like.

Funny how all the companies people hate are the ones they use the most. Starbucks FFS.

Go into central London and you'll see why. Swear there's one every 80 yards in places.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

I live in central London, what I meant was that it was ironic that a company that everyone hates they also use a lot.

Their coffee is pants mind, Caffe Nero for life.

I live in central London, what I meant was that it was ironic that a company that everyone hates they also use a lot.

You live in London?

You live in London?

Yup, Camden.