Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Justin Bieber has been photographed with a Barça shirt.  :harry:

I'm at work and can't post it, but it's over at www.elmundodeportivo.com

He was wearing when playing in Madrid if it makes you feel any better.

He doesn't strike me as the confrontational type. Obviously a naive error unless he also happened to wear a Sunderland shirt when he played the Newcastle Arena the other week.

6-0 vs Villa

Harper, Perch, Enrique, Coloccini, Williamson, Barton, Nolan, Smith, Routledge, Carroll, Gutierrez

5-1 vs mackems

Krul, Simpson, Enrique, Coloccini, Williamson, Tiote, Barton, Nolan, Ameobi, Carroll, Gutierrez

5-0 vs WHU

Harper, Simpson, Enrique, Coloccini, Taylor, Tiote, Barton, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Best, Gutierrez

4-4 vs Arsenal

Harper, Simpson, Enrique, Coloccini, Williamson, Tiote, Barton, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Best, Gutierrez

4-1 vs Wolves

Harper, Simpson, Ferguson, Coloccini, Williamson, Guthrie, Barton, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Ameobi, Gutierrez

Cornerstones?

6-0 vs Villa

Harper, Perch, Enrique, Coloccini, Williamson, Barton, Nolan, Smith, Routledge, Carroll, Gutierrez

5-1 vs mackems

Krul, Simpson, Enrique, Coloccini, Williamson, Tiote, Barton, Nolan, Ameobi, Carroll, Gutierrez

5-0 vs WHU

Harper, Simpson, Enrique, Coloccini, Taylor, Tiote, Barton, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Best, Gutierrez

4-4 vs Arsenal

Harper, Simpson, Enrique, Coloccini, Williamson, Tiote, Barton, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Best, Gutierrez

4-1 vs Wolves

Harper, Simpson, Ferguson, Coloccini, Williamson, Guthrie, Barton, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Ameobi, Gutierrez

Cornerstones?

Nice observation. All 4 have been massive players for us this season, no doubt about that. I've came to the opinion that Jonas is probably underrated on here, too.

that was one of the things I was thinking as I posted, gets slated for having a ridiculously inconsistent end product, but I've always thought the biggest thing he brings to our team is space - for his team-mates - as he's usually double marked

that was one of the things I was thinking as I posted, gets slated for having a ridiculously inconsistent end product, but I've always thought the biggest thing he brings to our team is space - for his team-mates - as he's usually double marked

Not going to absolve myself, because like Nolan I have given him a lot of stick on here in the past. A lot of it kneejerk after poor performances.

However when I look back over the season its fair to say his contribution has been decent, and certainly an improvement on his last season in the Prem. For example moments like when he won the pen in the mackems game, it wouldn't go down as an assist or a particularly creative influence but he's arguably the only player in the team who would have drove into the box right on half time like that. He definitely does a job in terms of driving us forward, opening space for others etc. His natural athleticism is a big help for the team too.

Don't want to go into an appraisal that is too gushing because he still has massive obvious faults, just saying that in our current state he's certainly not been completely useless. Far from it, probably.