Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Just been watching England 2 - 2 Greece...the commentary from Gary Bloom is the worst thing I have ever heard on a major sporting moment. Seriously, it's on youtube under thefatv's account, I can probably post it due to that but I'm not running the risk :lol:

I watched that the other day!

Is that the one "I don't believe it...David Beckham..."

Kills the moment for me  :lol:

Just been watching England 2 - 2 Greece...the commentary from Gary Bloom is the worst thing I have ever heard on a major sporting moment. Seriously, it's on youtube under thefatv's account, I can probably post it due to that but I'm not running the risk :lol:

:lol: That's the one.

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT"

:lol: That's the one.

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT"

Horrible. Surely edited on, a la every single piece of Roger Thames commentary you've ever heard.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The Pre-Season belief is starting spread again.  :lol: We're currently at 'Europa League' station, heading quickly towards Champions League-opolis!

The Pre-Season belief is starting spread again.  :lol: We're currently at 'Europa League' station, heading quickly towards Champions League-opolis!

It's OK we'll be going down when Jose, Barton and Colo do one and we get thumped off Arsenal first game :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It's OK we'll be going down when Jose, Barton and Colo do one and we get thumped off Arsenal first game :thup:

Aye, I'm waiting for everyone's neck to jolt when Ashley throws a spanner in the works at the next bend!

Are people honestly going to be surprised to see Barton go? Really? I'd be amazed if he stayed now.

Enrique, granted, would be disappointing - but hardly without months and months of warning.

Colo is the only one that really would piss on my cornflakes again out of those three.

Chelsea have warned that their new manager will face the same fate as Carlo Ancelotti, sacked at the end of last season, if they fail to deliver trophies.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Nice expectations.

More pointless stats:

@OptaJoe Opta Sports

148 – Newcastle United caught their opponents offside 148 times in the PL last season, the highest of all teams. Trap.

Watching u17 world cup. North Korea drawing 1-1 with hosts Mexico. NK had their keep sent off for last man challenge outside of the box, when he got the ball. I wonder what his fate will be.

With us not having a "Daft questions" thread the the football section... What's the deal with the Scottish national side supporters?  While England are or were notorious for not being able to go anywhere without wrecking the place, Scotland fans are welcome pretty much anywhere and seem to have a great time wherever they go.  How does that fit in with 90% of Scottish football fans following either Rangers or Celtic and wanting to bray the fuck out of each other for the rest of the year?  There were a fuckload of Scotland fans in Newcastle yesterday (why, I have no idea), packing a metro platform, and some of them wearing tartan and the odd Celtic top were singing "We'll be coming down the road", which another group joined in with.  Then the second group started a chant of "Big Jock Sex Offender" but it never seemed to kick off and the next song they were all singing together again.

Is it that the protestants and catholics are able to put aside their differences to support the national team?  Or is it that Rangers fans want to be English and Celtic fans want to be Irish and that leaves Kilmarnock and Hibs fans attending the national games?

I know it makes a change, but I'm not being facetious for the sake of it, I genuinely don't understand how it works, educate me :lol: