Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

River Plate, who have been Argentinian league champions a record 33 times, suffered relegation to the second division for the first time in their 110-year history on Sunday.

River drew 1-1 with Belgrano of the Nacional B division in the second leg of a relegation-promotion play-off at the Monumental stadium in Buenos Aires, condemning them to relegation after a 2-0 defeat in the first leg in Cordoba on Wednesday.

Fans in the 60,000-plus crowd at the Monumental went wild with rage, throwing objects on to the pitch and some tried to climb over perimeter fencing to storm on to the field.

Players from both sides were forced to leave the pitch under protection of the stewards while police used high-power hoses against the rioting fans.

River raised their hopes soon after kick-off, going ahead in the sixth minute when Mariano Pavone controlled the ball on the edge of the box, swivelled and shot low into the corner past the dive of Juan Carlos Olave.

The midfielder Guillermo Farre stunned the crowd when he equalised just past the hour, blasting a loose ball past the stranded goalkeeper Juan Pablo Carrizo after a blunder in the River defence.

River were awarded a penalty midway through the second half which Pavone shot to Olave's right but the goalkeeper saved, leaving River still needing two goals to save their top-flight status. The referee did not add stoppage time as the rioting had already started.

A tie on aggregate would have saved River from relegation.

River Plate, who have been Argentinian league champions a record 33 times, suffered relegation to the second division for the first time in their 110-year history on Sunday.

River drew 1-1 with Belgrano of the Nacional B division in the second leg of a relegation-promotion play-off at the Monumental stadium in Buenos Aires, condemning them to relegation after a 2-0 defeat in the first leg in Cordoba on Wednesday.

Fans in the 60,000-plus crowd at the Monumental went wild with rage, throwing objects on to the pitch and some tried to climb over perimeter fencing to storm on to the field.

Players from both sides were forced to leave the pitch under protection of the stewards while police used high-power hoses against the rioting fans.

River raised their hopes soon after kick-off, going ahead in the sixth minute when Mariano Pavone controlled the ball on the edge of the box, swivelled and shot low into the corner past the dive of Juan Carlos Olave.

The midfielder Guillermo Farre stunned the crowd when he equalised just past the hour, blasting a loose ball past the stranded goalkeeper Juan Pablo Carrizo after a blunder in the River defence.

River were awarded a penalty midway through the second half which Pavone shot to Olave's right but the goalkeeper saved, leaving River still needing two goals to save their top-flight status. The referee did not add stoppage time as the rioting had already started.

I dream that one day this will happen to Man United or Liverpool.

:nods: (bar any form of rioting).

:nods: (bar any form of rioting).

I'll wave a lighter in the air for Liverpool.

Nice to see some Argie tears, proper crying like their mothers had just died.

Bet they never expected that to happen when the glory hunters picked their teams as kids.

Just found an old magazine of France Football which was about Platini being France Player of the Century which I used for my 6th form oral exam about him, and flicking through it it's got the Ligue 1 top scorers...joint 1st with 11 goals on Boxing Day 2000, were Pauleta of PSG, Alex of St-Etienne...and Laurent Robert & Stephane Guivarc'h. :lol:

Just found an old magazine of France Football which was about Platini being France Player of the Century which I used for my 6th form oral exam about him, and flicking through it it's got the Ligue 1 top scorers...joint 1st with 11 goals on Boxing Day 2000, were Pauleta of PSG, Alex of St-Etienne...and Laurent Robert & Stephane Guivarc'h. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Poland international Lukasz Piszczek, 10 other players get suspended terms for match-fixing

By Associated Press, Published: June 27

WROCLAW, Poland — Eleven soccer players have been fined and given suspended prison sentences for their role in fixing a top-tier game during the 2005-06 season in Poland.

Among those punished Monday was Lukasz Piszczek, a midfielder who has appeared in 18 games for Poland and plays for the German club team Borussia Dortmund.

He drew a one-year prison term suspended for three years and was fined $33,000 for his involvement in bribing players from Cracovia Krakow. He was trying to help his then-team Zaglebie Lubin advance to the UEFA Cup.

The other players found guilty and a middleman all received suspended terms between one and two years.

Polish prosecutors investigating soccer corruption have charged more than 300 people since 2005.

Have a feeling this is just the beginning, supposedly matchfixing has been going on for years and the corruption runs deep within the FA´s veins. Piszczek's involvement is supposed to be minimal tough, that is he wasn't a big player but knew about the matchfixing it and didn't report it. Matchfixer or not I just hope this doesn't mean he'll miss out in Euro 2012 as he's probably one of our top 3 players at the moment.  

Twitter perv posts naked Prem ace pictures

By RICHARD MORIARTY

Published: Today

Add a comment Add a comment (13)

FOOTIE chiefs were last night hunting a mystery Twitter pervert who posted naked photos of Premier League aces.

Manchester City stars including England goalie Joe Hart and Wales striker Craig Bellamy were secretly snapped in the dressing room at home and away games.

The voyeur then posted the pics on Twitter for millions of fans worldwide to see.

The perv claims to have nude pictures of virtually every Premier League player and one post said: "My perfect day was when I seen Joe Hart (right) in the shower for the 1st time."

The snapper, who claims to work for Chelsea and TV firm Endemol, even taunts victims via Twitter.

Man United's Michael Owen was told: "I had a phone on my chest filming you in the shower."

Everton skipper Phil Neville received a tweet saying: "I've seen you naked about 20 times Phil."

Man City called in lawyers to get the snaps removed and launched an investigation after being alerted by The Sun.

Endemol said it had no information suggesting the perv works for the firm.

Chelsea said it was impossible to say if they worked for the club.

Police vowed to investigate if any player makes a complaint.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3663109/Twitter-perv-posts-naked-pics-of-Manchester-City-stars-Joe-Hart-and-Craig-Bellamy.html#ixzz1QbYhAuGO

WTF?