Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Is Ex-Sunderland Boss Ricky Sbragia About To Join The Newcastle Coaching Team?

News has just reached us that ex-Sunderland manager Ricky Sbragia is potentially being lined up to join the coaching set-up at Newcastle United. Alongside ex-Everton defender and current Wigan youth team coach Dave Watson and Ipswich Town legend and former Newcastle coach Dave Geddis (who was unceremoniously, and unfairly ousted by Graeme Sounness in 2004), Sbragia is said to make up a short-list of candidates to take-up a place on Joe Joyce’s youth team coaching set-up, and he has already made at least one appearance at the club’s training ground.

While certain sections of the Newcastle crowd may see the move as sacrilegious, Sbragia is highly thought of as a coach, and is said to be very keen to get back into a coaching role after being removed from his Chief Scout role at Sunderland back in March. We know he has already impressed the hierarchy at Newcastle with his knowledge and coaching techniques, and he certainly has fans within the club. It just remains to be seen whether the club’s fans would take to him quite so well.

Link: http://whatculture.com/sport/is-ex-sunderland-boss-ricky-sbragia-about-to-join-the-newcastle-coaching-team.php

true it seems

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Also, can confirm former SAFC boss Ricky Sbragia HAS been interviewed for a role at NUFC. Full details tomorrow

This is something I'm working on, but really: can anyone explain it? I'm not a mathematician: maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Average points by ref in Premier League NUFC matches:

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3978/points.gif

When Steve Dunn was in charge we averaged 2.13 points per game. On the other side of the coin, we escaped with only 0.94 points on average when (the frankly detested) Uriah Rennie was in the middle.

Putting aside all claims of bias: how can this be explained? Of Dunn's 23 games, 10 (43%) saw us face 'top-class' opposition: that is, teams in the all-time Premier League Top 10 (Man Utd, Chelsea, etc.) Six of those were away matches. Rennie officiated 9 games involving top class sides (52% of his total NUFC games), five of which were away matches. None of these differences would seem to be significant enough to explain the enormously different outcomes when these two refs presided over our matches.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I always lose hope when I see Chris Foy is reffing one of our games, likewise Dowd and Webb, so to see their names in the bottom half is reassuring.  :lol:

I always lose hope when I see Chris Foy is reffing one of our games, likewise Dowd and Webb, so to see their names in the bottom half is reassuring.  :lol:

Dowd was in charge of the 5-1.

Guest Heneage

Dowd was in charge of the 5-1 and I still think he was soft on them. They should have easily been down to 9 men that day.

Howard Webb is a cunt.

Goes out of his way to favour the away side so people see him as being 'strong' and not a homer imo. He's a cunt.

Hope he favours the away side on Saturday.

Howard Webb is a cunt.

Goes out of his way to favour the away side so people see him as being 'strong' and not a homer imo. He's a cunt.

Hope he favours the away side on Saturday.

Honestly hadn't realised he was in charge on Saturday. :lol:

Comments still stand like.

I'm pretty sure no thought like "I have to favour the away side so I won't be seen as a homer" ever crosses his mind TBH.

Just my opinion. Scared of being seen as weak and influenced by a home crowd so gives 50/50's to the away side.

Not that arsed if you agree or not if I'm being perfectly honest. No offence. :thup:

Howard Webb is a c***.

Goes out of his way to favour the away side so people see him as being 'strong' and not a homer imo. He's a c***.

You say that after the Pen he gave us against the Mackems at SJP? :lol:

He's reffed more than one game of football. :thup:

I'm pretty sure no thought like "I have to favour the away side so I won't be seen as a homer" ever crosses his mind TBH.

Just my opinion. Scared of being seen as weak and influenced by a home crowd so gives 50/50's to the away side.

Not that arsed if you agree or not if I'm being perfectly honest. No offence. :thup:

None taken!

Howard Webb is a c***.

Goes out of his way to favour the away side so people see him as being 'strong' and not a homer imo. He's a c***.

You say that after the Pen he gave us against the Mackems at SJP? :lol:

He's reffed more than one game of football. :thup:

Really  :kasper:

Guest Stephen927

This guy.

Bates bashes Leeds 'morons'

Chairman also compares owning Whites to being 'like sex'

Leeds chairman Ken Bates has labelled the club's supporters who have criticised his ownership as "morons" and insisted that he has no plans to abandon the project.

Approximately 300 unhappy fans gathered in the car park at Elland Road on Saturday to protest against the lack of investment over the summer following their 1-0 defeat by Middlesbrough.

Bates has come under considerable pressure to reveal who has really owned the club since it came out of administration in 2007 by MPs and has recently hit out at the FA for their investigation into the Yorkshire club's past.

The former Chelsea chairman reacted to the demonstration in his program notes prior to their 4-1 win over Hull City on Tuesday, stating that the fans should be grateful for his contribution and compared owning the club to being "a bit like sex."

Unimpressed

"I'm saying I'm unimpressed by the demonstrations of a few morons on Saturday and ain't going anywhere soon," said Bates.

"Some fans may not like me, or agree with me, but you're stuck with me.

"I saved your club in 2005 and 2007 when nobody else would. The rebuilding of Leeds United is a bit like sex. In an age of instant gratification, Leeds United is having a long, drawn-out affair with plenty of foreplay and slow arousal.

"We're in this for the long term. We may have had two disappointing results, but we will get there - we are building for the future."

Some nice quotes from Bates there :laugh:

Bates bashes Leeds 'morons'

Chairman also compares owning Whites to being 'like sex'

Leeds chairman Ken Bates has labelled the club's supporters who have criticised his ownership as "morons" and insisted that he has no plans to abandon the project.

Approximately 300 unhappy fans gathered in the car park at Elland Road on Saturday to protest against the lack of investment over the summer following their 1-0 defeat by Middlesbrough.

Bates has come under considerable pressure to reveal who has really owned the club since it came out of administration in 2007 by MPs and has recently hit out at the FA for their investigation into the Yorkshire club's past.

The former Chelsea chairman reacted to the demonstration in his program notes prior to their 4-1 win over Hull City on Tuesday, stating that the fans should be grateful for his contribution and compared owning the club to being "a bit like sex."

Unimpressed

"I'm saying I'm unimpressed by the demonstrations of a few morons on Saturday and ain't going anywhere soon," said Bates.

"Some fans may not like me, or agree with me, but you're stuck with me.

"I saved your club in 2005 and 2007 when nobody else would. The rebuilding of Leeds United is a bit like sex. In an age of instant gratification, Leeds United is having a long, drawn-out affair with plenty of foreplay and slow arousal.

"We're in this for the long term. We may have had two disappointing results, but we will get there - we are building for the future."

Some nice quotes from Bates there :laugh:

So pretty much like us then. A slow hard painful screw from Ashley, but one day we'll all learn to enjoy it.

:troll: