Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Are there no threads on here where we can nod knowingly and contemplate how well things are going overall. Finances getting sorted, great start to a season, excellent signings standing out, still in the cup, Pardew getting better, money in the bank for the Jan window, Graham Carr already sourcing the new number 9 etc etc etc.????

Im sure a lot of clubs must be looking on jealously at how things are turning out here.

Are there no threads on here where we can nod knowingly and contemplate how well things are going overall. Finances getting sorted, great start to a season, excellent signings standing out, still in the cup, Pardew getting better, money in the bank for the Jan window, Graham Carr already sourcing the new number 9 etc etc etc.????

Im sure a lot of clubs must be looking on jealously at how things are turning out here.

This guy came from TT!? :D

Sure. If you're Plymouth, Yeovil, Portsmouth or Everton.

He got laughed off there for posting stuff like that, yes.

Sure. If you're Plymouth, Yeovil, Portsmouth or Everton.

Seriously, outside of the top 5 or 6, there are not really any other prem teams that I think have such a positive looking team and outlook as we do.

He got laughed off there for posting stuff like that, yes.

Not at all  :lol:

Just think its a bit silly to ignore all the good things that are going right at the club be it by method or luck.

There are some. It's possible to have a balanced outlook rather than claiming everything is rosy or doomed. A lot of what he posted on there was laughably deluded. Here he is posting the same stuff to a new audience.

There are some. It's possible to have a balanced outlook rather than claiming everything is rosy or doomed.

Not sure it's that easy, my view of being balanced may be a little different from your view of a balanced outlook sometimes.

...but yes, CT is somewhat/very happy clappy I grant you. O0

There are some. It's possible to have a balanced outlook rather than claiming everything is rosy or doomed. A lot of what he posted on there was laughably deluded. Here he is posting the same stuff to a new audience.

while I agree about the balanced outlook there has been a tendency lately for a lot to jump immediately to we're doomed when a bad news story comes up

while I agree about the balanced outlook there has been a tendency lately for a lot to jump immediately to we're doomed when a bad news story comes up

Probably due to their frequency.

Think of it as a player swap and console yourself with the fact that they got Rainforrest and his dead bay routine and you got happy clappy me.  :lol:

Think of it as a player swap and console yourself with the fact that they got Rainforrest and his dead baby routine and you got happy clappy me.  :lol:

The Simpson photoshop? :jesuswept:

Does anyone have the "Cost of supporting" table for the Premiership which details the average matchday ticket cost for Home and Away supporters?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14366574.stm

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54376000/gif/_54376615_all_div_overview_news.gif

"Newcastle United were the only club out of the 104 surveyed who did not reveal their prices."

Does anyone have the "Cost of supporting" table for the Premiership which details the average matchday ticket cost for Home and Away supporters?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14366574.stm

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54376000/gif/_54376615_all_div_overview_news.gif

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54373000/gif/_54373420_premier_league_table.gif

Not sure that that is a very helpful graphic at all. Not even sure that they have all the prices correct.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Surprised we're one of the cheapest. I take it we eventually submitted figures for the survey, as I'm sure we were one of the only clubs to not reply to the initial request (much to the dismay of some on here).

Surprised we're one of the cheapest. I take it we eventually submitted figures for the survey, as I'm sure we were one of the only clubs to not reply to the initial request (much to the dismay of some on here).

Not sure we needed to bother. Hardly takes much to find out the price of a ticket, pie or program. That said it still seems like a bit of a half arsed/misleading survey. You can spend more than £37 on a ticket at ours for a start, but yeah, our average ticket is pretty reasonable, especially compared to London clubs (which is why a club like Spurs can apparently make more than us on a matchday despite their lower attendances).

It's interesting for face value and seeing roughly what clubs are charging, but it's a misleading survey seemingly commissioned to satisfy the general rhetoric of "look how expensive football is".

For example, it doesn't include anything to do with travel costs which are a big part of match day expenses for many fans.