Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Man City have done a deal with Frank's street dogs (hot dog company) to sell them one of their food Kiosks. Expect similar things to happen at SJP and other stadiums now. No doubt Greggs will be in on the mix.

Dixie Chicken, hopefully :thup:

It's quite expensive compared to KFC.

Theirs a new one just opened opposite the Gate.

Is food incredibly overpriced in stadiums there as well? Not even worth it over here

It was £6 for a slab of pizza when I was at Wembley t'other week. £2-3 for a pie at SJP I think.

Guardiola wanted to rest Messi, we were contractually obligated to play him, the Korean fans didn't take well to it. He ended up playing just a few minutes and scored a brace.

The whole fracas another proof of why those tours sometimes are just a bad idea.

It's a bit more complicated than that. People had been turning against summer tours from big European clubs for a while now, particularly when they disrupt out own domestic league, which takes place over the Spring and Summer. Barcelona's attitude really took them over the edge though.

From the minute they stepped off the plane, it was clear that Guardiola and the players hated having to come here. Messi's answered the first question at the press conference "how does it feel to be in Korea?" by saying "I'm so jet lagged and tired, I honestly don't even know where I am." None of the Barcelona players would answer any questions from the press outside of the official presser and had expressions on their faces that made it clear that they really, really didn't want to be here. (Except for Ibra. Reportedly he signed every autograph he was asked for the duration of the tour and couldn't stop talking to the Korean press :lol:)

Guardiola's threat to breach contract was really just one of many things that showed Barcelona's disdain for the event in general. Playing a B-team for most of the game and putting Messi on for something like 15 minutes somehow felt more insulting than just not playing him at all.

The whole thing just felt massively unprofessional and more than a little condescending. This was in stark contrast to Man United, who have always been vomit-inducingly media-friendly whenever they're here.

Is food incredibly overpriced in stadiums there as well? Not even worth it over here

I used to think our prices were disgraceful until I went on a tour of the Meadowlands last year. My jaw hit the floor when I saw how much they charge, unbelievable really!

Guest Phil K

Brilliant that. The 32 final. Typical that even now, the London press whine about it, and ignore far more dubious decisions.

This kind of thing happened all the time THEN never mind now.

I recall someone years ago (a dozen ? 15 ?) blowing up the actual second when he crossed the ball and it was on the line.

The article compared the modern with the old London press one saying if he had've actually kicked the ball it would have went BEHIND THE GOAL !

Not saying as such it was hinted that it had been tampered with to show it WAS over the line.

The Scot who crossed the ball was livid. He said he was looking down at the ball, and he should know, and it WASN'T over the line.

Guest Phil K

Had a Mag-pie on three occasions, once it was lovely, nice and crispy, once it was utterly flacid and horrible, once it was somewhere in the middle

Did you have three bears with you?

:lol:

Top drawer humour that.

Agree. Like a straight man leading him in too !

How can that not be frivolous? Still good news though.

That's what i was thinking, still he misses 2 league games and with Bosingwa coming in who he is shit it might help us none the less without actually playing us.

That's another point actually, wtf does charges committed in a league game apply to cup games.

If you are banned for a league offense then you be banned for league games and league games alone.

How can that not be frivolous? Still good news though.

That's what i was thinking, still he misses 2 league games and with Bosingwa coming in who he is shit it might help us none the less without actually playing us.

That's another point actually, wtf does charges committed in a league game apply to cup games.

If you are banned for a league offense then you be banned for league games and league games alone.

:dontknow: It's still a competitive domestic match. Got nothing against that tbh. Apart from that it doesn't benefit us on this occasion. :lol: Genuine question, do you think FA/League Cup offences should be contained to just being punished in that competition?