Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

One for football pet hates but cant be bothered to find it.

Annoys me when people get our stadium capacity wrong. Like pardew yesterday, 'thel be 54000 Geordies roaring us on' or something. No there won't be, how do you not know that. Even 52something k would be wrong. Happens fairly often in the media

Not a massive story, but I wouldn't be too chuffed about our players acting like dicks if we were in Villa's position.

I remember during the relegation season, people were enraged that players were going out and spending their money in places like Tiger Tiger (if the one is Newcastle is like London, they were wasting their earnings), as if young professionals with large amounts of disposable income are going to sit at the home all day because their team lost.

On a side note, I hate people who go anc cause trouble at the clubs. Pushing, yelling and all of this. One of the main reasons I rarely go out. One person brings a knife or a gun and everyone wants to act sad around the time of the funeral.

Annoys me when people get our stadium capacity wrong. Like pardew yesterday, 'thel be 54000 Geordies roaring us on' or something. No there won't be, how do you not know that. Even 52something k would be wrong. Happens fairly often in the media

Noticed Pardew mention 54,000 a few times.

He probably plays too much FIFA.

Sources close to the Russian billionaire have revealed that there are plans in place to create a “hungry, young team”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9244686/Chelsea-chairman-Roman-Abramovich-weighs-up-15.5million-offer-for-Germany-forward-Andre-Schurrle.html

Looks like Chelsea are now trying to follow the "Newcastle model".

Don't know why they stopped signing players in that mould from the off. Bringing in Drogba, Essien, Robben etc. was how they became champions in the first place. Hungry players that wanted to prove themselves in the Premiership. Not players like Meireles or Torres.

or maybe that's the true attendance and the 52,000 is for tax reasons :shifty:

Guest Craig-NUFC

Chelsea have made a bid to buy Battersea Power Station. Plan is to build a 60,000 seater stadium on the site.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Always thought that place was like a registered/protected landmark or something.

Actually, Chelsea have confirmed that they'd incorporate the power station into the backdrop to the stadium, however that works. They're gonna restore the 4 chimneys, the turbine hall and control room. Interesting if it goes ahead like.

Guest Roger Kint

Always thought that place was like a registered/protected landmark or something.

The four towers are yes.

Amazing building. I absolutely love power stations, most of them are supreme examples of architecture. If they bought it, it would cost an absolute shitload to renovate.

Edit: having read a little more on it, they can fuck off, leave the building alone

Edit: having read a little more on it, they can f*** off, leave the building alone

Why?  What are they planning to do with it exactly?  Aside from the obvious, I'm talking about the details OBS

Edit: having read a little more on it, they can f*** off, leave the building alone

Why?  What are they planning to do with it exactly?  Aside from the obvious, I'm talking about the details OBS

At first I was like, wow, it would be awesome to have a football pitch in an amazing building like that but the reality is, if it became a stadium the building would have to change so much that it wouldn't resemble its former self at all. The building is fine as it is and I also prefer the idea of Chelsea not having massive capacity because their fans are among the worst in the league and they shouldn't be where they are

At first I was like, wow, it would be awesome to have a football pitch in an amazing building like that but the reality is, if it became a stadium the building would have to change so much that it wouldn't resemble its former self at all. The building is fine as it is and I also prefer the idea of Chelsea not having massive capacity because their fans are among the worst in the league and they shouldn't be where they are

They cant change it as such though can they? They would have to restore it and use it alongside the stadium.