Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

The more I watch and the more I read about stuff he's done the more I think he's just one big con with loads of people in on it.

I imagine he IS a proper magician in that he can do good tricks live or on the street, but most of the stuff is just fake. Half of it just makes me think of those viral ads that Nike and the likes do.

The set-up tonight for example, the 'nightclub' he was in that didn't have a single drink in it. Blatantly a warehouse with a bunch of actors...

Sorry to ruin it like, but I watch the whole thing and don't buy a single bit of it.  :lol:

The set-up tonight for example, the 'nightclub' he was in that didn't have a single drink in it. Blatantly a warehouse with a bunch of actors...

Sorry to ruin it like, but I watch the whole thing and don't buy a single bit of it.  :lol:

Yeah well I don't believe you can be on all those forums at the same time so fuck off.

Yeah I dunno I find his sort of magic a bit phoney, much prefer Penn and Teller sort of stuff

David Blaine uses editing and crafty camera shots in his shows, but he gets the blend right and most of the stuff is class. I can accept that TV production can be passed as an extra layer in these illusions, but when the whole show is being done on it... I just don't see the point.

Yeah well I don't believe you can be on all those forums at the same time so fuck off.

I'm not, it's you.  :lol:

The walk on water thing was done with a big set under the water, plexiglass I think he walked on :lol: There's a photo that did the rounds of the net showing it.

All rounded off with clever editing afterwards and making sure there was places for the boats to pass. I quite enjoyed that though, it was a very cool effect that took effort to put together.

The walk on water thing was done with a big set under the water, plexiglass I think he walked on :lol: There's a photo that did the rounds of the net showing it.

All rounded off with clever editing afterwards and making sure there was places for the boats to pass. I quite enjoyed that though, it was a very cool effect that took effort to put together.

All right Shreeves. Wanna tell me that Santa isn't real?

he done a walking through a big window one with man utd players watching (i saw it on soccer am). i know it's not real but the fun is in trying to work out how he does it. a bit like derren brown who states that it's not magic.

he done a walking through a big window one with man utd players watching (i saw it on soccer am). i know it's not real but the fun is in trying to work out how he does it. a bit like derren brown who states that it's not magic.

I get your point about working it out, that's the same as all magic - we KNOW it's not real, they're all tricks. I just think stuff that is done almost entirely with actors and editing afterwards is not a trick at all, it's just lying. I don't see the point to it at all personally, but can accept people getting entertainment out of it.

Then again I never liked wrestling that much either...

I get your point about working it out, that's the same as all magic - we KNOW it's not real, they're all tricks. I just think stuff that is done almost entirely with actors and editing afterwards is not a trick at all, it's just lying. I don't see the point to it at all personally, but can accept people getting entertainment out of it.

some is, derren brown says some of his tv stuff is, but he also does stage and street stuff that is just brilliant on the eye. not magic but slight of hand, trickery and mind games.

some is, derren brown says some of his tv stuff is, but he also does stage and street stuff that is just brilliant on the eye. not magic but slight of hand, trickery and mind games.

Yeah, I love all the slight of hand stuff. I also like what David Blaine does as well. He used editing and stuff in his TV shows but for me he gets the balance right between it, never is the editing or the actors the main feature of the trick like they almost always are with Dynamo.