Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Evening lads,

Having put it off for a couple of years, have finally bitten the bullet and decided to start up my own blog. Apologies in advance for the amateur format, but I am just getting to grips with it and want to see how long I retain interest before investing a significant amount of time/money in it.

Anyway would be great if some of you could take a look and even better if you fancy leaving a comment or two!

http://ifsholascores.wordpress.com/

Apologies in advance if you see any obvious N-O-isms!

Cheers

Justify the text and stick links to the fb and twitter pages in a side bar or something.

Also, why are you blogging and why about the club?

Says SS1 on mine too.

Have centered it. Word press doesn't give you the option to justify. (well it probably does, but as of yet I haven't found it!)

Centred looks far worse. Like some English poetry homework.

Evening lads,

Having put it off for a couple of years, have finally bitten the bullet and decided to start up my own blog. Apologies in advance for the amateur format, but I am just getting to grips with it and want to see how long I retain interest before investing a significant amount of time/money in it.

Anyway would be great if some of you could take a look and even better if you fancy leaving a comment or two!

Cheers

Justify the text and stick links to the fb and twitter pages in a side bar or something.

Best thing to blog about imo.

Something that is effortless to write about and you enjoy.

I'm not sure what else I'd be able to write about consistently.

I've been trying to get get the phrase 'Nikos Dabizas book of excuses' into everything the past few days. Just though I'd let you know.

Other than that, Harper is a legend for doing his tour diary, very entertaining.

They've been running a daft quizzy thing on the "legends" show while the usual suspects are off spending their ill-gotten gains, and you have to say whether some daft name is a footballer or not, like "Johnny Moustache" or whatever, you get 30s to rattle through as many as you can. Yes he is, btw.

They've been doing it a coupla times a night and I just have it on for background noise and occasional shouting at the stupid cunts usually but I kinda like foreign languages and names and football and was just answering along and getting most of them right and realised the same ones were getting repeated over and over again but the normal callers were a bit, erm, unobservant of this fact. One of them even said Pele was not a footballer ffs.

After a few days the missus is gannin "You're getting them aal right, you should get on there and win us the prize!" - it was a grand, which we could do with tbh. The thing ran three weeks ending tonight, so I thought tactically best to wait til the end to know what I had to beat, which was 10 - I was getting 12s and up to 15 in answering-along so it was just stage fright to worry about.

Phoned up last night (Thurs) as they keep saying they're looking for contestants but the places were filled by that time so I had to phone at 6 tonight. Did that and got the first spot, they'd ring me back at 6.40 to 6.45. Fine. Adrenalin rushing, patter rehearsed, answers jumping in front of my eyes, pacing like a caged tiger. No phone call, some lass comes on in my place on the show, plays a blinder and wins the grand. Ring the station up and they say my phone wouldn't take their call because they don't leave their number. Cba to argue but the guy said he tried 1471 and everything. I said "Err, you mean 1470?" I don't think he did. I'm a little bit cross. :rant:

Haven't cried and pissed meself live on local radio like I might have done in the spotlight, but that screeching lass has got £1,000 of mine cos some arse doesn't know how fucking phones work.

I'm such a loser. :embarrassed:

If I took a tenth as much interest in my job as football I'd be fucking dangerous, quoting fucking Blah Blah Acts left right and fucking centre :lol: 

Oh. Maybe I should :undecided:

Fucking mood swings :lol:

Evening lads,

Cheers

Best thing to blog about imo.

Something that is effortless to write about and you enjoy.

I'm not sure what else I'd be able to write about consistently.

You don't want justified text on a webpage, it's much harder to read. Align it to the left. It's me job, sorry.

Is it not 1471?

Shit luck anyway man, sounded like it was meant to be!

1471 is the one that gives you the last number that called you. You can withhold your number so that doesn't work and businesses do this sometimes because you get people ringing reception asking what they wanted and the lasses have no idea which of the hundreds of people called that number which pisses everyone off. On the receiving end you can block withheld numbers to stop calls about fucking PPI or whatever and we've done this, but it also blocks calls from businesses like Real Radio. However, as BT say:

"If you have chosen to have your number permanently withheld, you can use 1470 to enable your number to be released on a call-by-call basis. Simply dial '1470' before making a call."

Which means if the geezer on the phones doesn't know this IT COSTS ME A GRAND, FFS.

FML.  :sad: