Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I can see Man U really struggling at first when Ferguson goes. So long with the man in charge all his philosophies will be deeply engrained in the club. I reckon their best bet would actually be Gary Neville. Seems to be one of the rare ex players who understood anything from the game they played and will be fully aware of Ferguson's approach to the game having played under him for most of their careers.

Guest neesy111

I can't picture Gary Neville at any other club but ours.

This.  Looks like he needs to get back onto the training ground as well, putting the pounds on.

Man Utd need someone experienced and with a bit of adventure IMO, but not crazy enough to create controversy and get sacked early. Last thing they need is rapid turnover of managers after Fergie.

I hope Pardew gets the call.

Fergie has another ten years in him yet anyway.

What positions do you feel need strengthened for you next season .. a centre mid and a winger

Yeah we've needed someone in centre midfield for a while now. I'm a big fan of Cleverley and think he works very well with Carrick, who is obviously top class. I think Anderson will be given one more season to step up the plate though and can't see us buying anyone big for that position.

We have plenty of wingers but they were all horribly inconsistent this season. I'd like to see the back of Young and don't forget we've signed Zaha so I think we're OK in that position as well.

We need to play Kagawa more next season so I'm interested to see how Fergie is going to work around that. I'm hoping that the answer isn't dropping Rooney into midfield but I can't see any other way to set a team to have both of them playing. I'm not a manager though.

I honestly can't see much change in our team at all next season.

What positions do you feel need strengthened for you next season .. a centre mid and a winger

Yeah we've needed someone in centre midfield for a while now. I'm a big fan of Cleverley and think he works very well with Carrick, who is obviously top class. I think Anderson will be given one more season to step up the plate though and can't see us buying anyone big for that position.

We have plenty of wingers but they were all horribly inconsistent this season. I'd like to see the back of Young and don't forget we've signed Zaha so I think we're OK in that position as well.

We need to play Kagawa more next season so I'm interested to see how Fergie is going to work around that. I'm hoping that the answer isn't dropping Rooney into midfield but I can't see any other way to set a team to have both of them playing. I'm not a manager though.

I reckon you need a new ref.

You think someone like Cabaye might be the midfielder you need or Modric.

I would take either, with Modric being first choice, though I doubt we would pay what you or Madrid would be looking for them. Same with Gundogan. I'd love to have him but he's going to cost a fortune now, and I don't see why he would leave Dortmund anyway.

I'd actually be surprised if a midfielder is signed.

:lol:

Who do you actually want just out of interest?

I want Solskjaer to be honest, but I have no idea who will take over.

Yeah I'd like to see that. I think it has to be an ex player tbh to keep the transition as smooth as possible, because it's such a big task following Fergie.

I don't really think Solskjaer has been hyped up. He was our reserve manager for a while then moved to Molde and won them their first ever league title, and retained it the following year. He's only really been linked with Villa since. I'm happy he turned that down.