Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Do loyalty points last forever? 

if they do that seems unfair, I think it should be like FFP and be points accrued in the previous 3 seasons or maybe 5. 

They do.

The issue I would have with ‘expiring’ points, is that I think you actually run the risk of increasing those that ‘buy to sell on’.

At the minute if someone with loads of points isn’t going to a game, there’s no real incentive for them to buy a ticket just to sell on to someone random. Sure, they may buy one for a family member or friend if asked, but it’s not really worth their while to get it for someone they don’t know, just to accrue another point that they don’t really need for future tickets.

Now, if you have a situation where points are limited to 3/5 years worth, they may then be of the mindset that they have to keep getting a ticket for every game in order to stay at the top of the pile, and thus will more frequently be buying to sell on.

As ever with tickets, there is never a perfect solution.

32 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

That Tory Faith podcast keeps popping up recommendations on Youtube. Think I'd actually watch that Adam P lad then msubject myself to that lot. 

Most of the TF is insufferably new fan arrogant shite imho but appreciate I’m not the target audience. 

Adam P is in short bursts watchable- as he’s amazed a travelodge has a hairdryer and other revelations that aren’t. I feel a bit guilty that his views are based on people laughing at him, having said that if he’s making a living from it fair play to the lad. 

Tbf, I like Alan Partridge and it’s not a million miles away from that so I should give it a watch. 

However that True Faith stuff has a real obnoxious vibe to it. Though the lad that does interviews outside the ground seems canny enough but the rest of them really don’t give off a good vibe. 

Has anyone on here pushed the Trust about safe standing/singing section btw? 

Best team we've had in years flying high yet a large population have become boring and sit in silence. The club HAS to rearrange St james park, fair enough people aren't going to want to leave gallowgate end but why not stick 4k of fans stranding at front or back of leazes below away fans, pretty sure large area of these seats are general sales? Looks very likely we'll get into Europe and need the fans right behind the lads. Its football not a day out at tennis man.

20 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Has anyone on here pushed the Trust about safe standing/singing section btw? 

Best team we've had in years flying high yet a large population have become boring and sit in silence. The club HAS to rearrange St james park, fair enough people aren't going to want to leave gallowgate end but why not stick 4k of fans stranding at front or back of leazes below away fans, pretty sure large area of these seats are general sales? Looks very likely we'll get into Europe and need the fans right behind the lads. Its football not a day out at tennis man.

Hoping to raise this tonight. I must admit, the atmosphere is great before KO courtesy of WF, but it really can be lacking for the majority of the game. The better we get, the more expectant the crowd becomes.

17 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I’ve always thought the Leazes west corner in the lower bowl would be an ideal singing section like.

Always thought this. Also probably has the fewest ST holders in that lower bowl to move as well.

21 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

I agree purchase history should come into it for this seasons carabao cup, although would imagine most season ticket holders have either been or given a ticket to someone else to use so not sure it would make that much of a difference.

It really should be ST holders ordered in terms of loyalty points.  Given the numbers of likely tickets available, non-ST holders are unlikely to get a look-in - and that's absolutely fair enough to me.  Those who trundle up to the odd game should be firmly at the back of the queue.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It really should be ST holders ordered in terms of loyalty points.  Given the numbers of likely tickets available, non-ST holders are unlikely to get a look-in - and that's absolutely fair enough to me.  Those who trundle up to the odd game should be firmly at the back of the queue.

Disagree. The above would suit me down to the ground, but season tickets are for league games. Members who've been to all of the cup games so far should get an equal chance to a ST holder who hasn't been to any (just my opinion of course).

2 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Disagree. The above would suit me down to the ground, but season tickets are for league games. Members who've been to all of the cup games so far should get an equal chance to a ST holder who hasn't been to any (just my opinion of course).

If I was a member who'd been to a couple of cup games but hadn't bothered otherwise I'm not sure even be comfortable raising it as an issue in all honesty.  People who fork out hundreds - thousands - of their hard-earned money each year to the club should absolutely be at the front of the queue for cup final tickets.  That's the way the club gives back.

NB I'm not a ST holder nor a member - I've no skin in the game in that regard. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

If I was a member who'd been to a couple of cup games but hadn't bothered otherwise I'm not sure even be comfortable raising it as an issue in all honesty.  People who fork out hundreds - thousands - of their hard-earned money each year to the club should absolutely be at the front of the queue for cup final tickets.  That's the way the club gives back.

NB I'm not a ST holder nor a member - I've no skin in the game in that regard. 

Can definitely see where you're coming from, although I suppose most members these days attend as many games as ST holders at SJP, and pay more over the season. ST should definitely be at the top of the queue alongside members with purchase history - again, just my opinion, but it would make it pretty fair. I can't see how it would be fair that a ST holder who hasn't been to a cup game gets priority over someone who has been to them all, as ST is for league games. 

With that though, you have to understand some ST holders might not make them because they're midweek games and have work/childcare to contend with, which I totally get as well and would be harsh to punish those types. As ever with ticketing, there will always be somebody who feels shafted.

i'd be pissed off if ST holders didnt get priority. the whole family have one and it costs us.

put up with all the shite after Rafa left just in the hope of a takeover.

knew i'd never be able get anothe ST if a takeover went through as the demand would be huge.

Absolutely no question that ST holders should get priority.

I'm still hoping that as a member there are some left available after the ST holders have taken what they need but I can't see it.

18 hours ago, Likelylad said:

Tbf, I like Alan Partridge and it’s not a million miles away from that so I should give it a watch. 

However that True Faith stuff has a real obnoxious vibe to it. Though the lad that does interviews outside the ground seems canny enough but the rest of them really don’t give off a good vibe. 

Aye Emile seems a good lad. But Alex, Adam, and Charlotte seem smug, conceited and fairly loathsome. They may be canny but they’re on screen personas reek of arrogance. 

6 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i'd be pissed off if ST holders didnt get priority. the whole family have one and it costs us.

put up with all the shite after Rafa left just in the hope of a takeover.

knew i'd never be able get anothe ST if a takeover went through as the demand would be huge.

Think the problem will be is that we will get less tickets than season ticket holders, Liverpool and Chelsea got 33k each last year and it looks like with Liverpool for example 74% of them went to general support with the rest going to hospitality and commercial stuff, that's only 24k going to supporters and we have a lot more season ticket holders than that.

9 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Think the problem will be is that we will get less tickets than season ticket holders, Liverpool and Chelsea got 33k each last year and it looks like with Liverpool for example 74% of them went to general support with the rest going to hospitality and commercial stuff, that's only 24k going to supporters and we have a lot more season ticket holders than that.

That was the case in 98 and 99 too - though to be fair FA Cup Final tickets tend to be more wanted for hospitality etc.  We got around 20k for each of those.  This means lots of ST holders miss out too - it is a standard cup final issue.  I got a ticket in 98 and didn't in 99 - and I went to a shitload of games home and away.  If I heard in 99 that someone who'd rocked up for a couple of LC games thought they had equal entitlement I'd have been pissing blood.

19 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

That was the case in 98 and 99 too - though to be fair FA Cup Final tickets tend to be more wanted for hospitality etc.  We got around 20k for each of those.  This means lots of ST holders miss out too - it is a standard cup final issue.  I got a ticket in 98 and didn't in 99 - and I went to a shitload of games home and away.  If I heard in 99 that someone who'd rocked up for a couple of LC games thought they had equal entitlement I'd have been pissing blood.

I think a fair way to do it would be season ticket holders than have been to the most games for the cup run. 1 point for each game you have been to. Looks like that’s what Liverpool did last season , if you had a season ticket and had been to at least 3 of the cup games you were guaranteed a cup final ticket .

Edited by Geogaddi

2 minutes ago, NWMag said:

It’s disgusting really how many final tickets go to corporate etc. in an 90,000 seater stadium I’d expect minimum 40k to each club participating 

Yep, total pisstake.  The FA Cup Final is the worst - all the regional / local FAs get tickets, every club with FA membership, FA members etc - which then in more cases than not end up with touts, who flog them to fans who should have had them in the first place (which is why both ends tend to be full with supporters).  Ludicrous set-up which obviously lends itself to corruption.

4 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Not sure someone with loyalty points in 3 figures should miss out on a Wembley ticket just because they haven't been to some home cup games this year. 

I know people keep saying the league and cup are separate in terms of 'loyalty' but I don't agree - and I don't think a few 20 quid tickets this year should jump you to the top of the queue. (Disclaimer I have bought a ticket for every round of cup, and also have enough points).

Whichever way it’s done people are going to be pissed off, no fair way of doing it really .

Edited by Geogaddi

17 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Looks like that’s what Liverpool did last season

They done ST holders and members who'd been to the cup games, which I think what we should do. It may mean I miss out and wouldn't necessarily be in my best interests but I think it's the fairest.

People will always want the option that suits them best - human nature and all that - but it's probably wise we cross this bridge when it comes and focus on beating Southampton first.

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

Hoping to raise this tonight. I must admit, the atmosphere is great before KO courtesy of WF, but it really can be lacking for the majority of the game. The better we get, the more expectant the crowd becomes.

Always thought this. Also probably has the fewest ST holders in that lower bowl to move as well.

Thanks mate, i think its absolutely critical, makes sense to stick it leazes where larger number of general sale seats are. If we get these European nights got to get the crowd rocking.