Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

17 minutes ago, Stifler said:

No he didn’t. He actively told people not to demonstrate against Ashley, not to protest, all whilst he was sitting a few seats along from Ashley and Charnley.

He’s done nothing but support Ashley, whilst glorying local gangsters and giving Nazi’s a platform to speak.

If only he would go back to wrapping himself in toilet roll and playing ancient mummies on Byker Grove.

Whatever mate can’t get excited about talking about Wraith, if we all liked the same people life would be boring.

Each to their own.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

As opposed to your mate Wraith who started selling out to Ashley for his directors box season ticket when fans weren’t getting behind any pledges against Ashley when they knew he was involved.

I know Greg and others on the board have worked tirelessly for the NUST.

In Greg’s case he doesn’t even have a season ticket or live in the areas and has to come up for NUST related activities out of his own pocket and time.

Wouldnt take him more than 5 minutes to come on here and post a comment . Maybe he could even explain the £26k spend 

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Whatever mate can’t get excited about talking about Wraith, if we all liked the same people life would be boring.

Each to their own.

My point is that you are pointing your finger at the likes of Greg without any evidence and not realising that both the NUST and the pledge will have their own account fees and such, like website hosting, and in the case of pledge, web building fees etc. As a business owner, I though would know this.

My main point though was you pointing your fingers at the likes of Greg and the NUST board, meanwhile Wraith is abusing lasses and other fans on social media. Also you are very interesting in talking about Wraith when you appear on podcasts/YouTube with him.

I thank you for your part in the takeover, but yours and Wraiths current drive or targeting fans and saying you did your part etc both on here and on social media needs to stop.

We all need to just enjoy the takeover and move on now.

Edited by Stifler

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

My point is that you are pointing your finger at the likes of Greg without any evidence and not realising that both the NUST and the pledge will have their own account fees and such, like website hosting, and in the case of pledge, web building fees etc. As a business owner, I though would know this.

My main point though was you pointing your fingers at the likes of Greg and the NUST board, meanwhile Wraith is abusing lasses and other fans on social media. Also you are very interesting in talking about Wraith when you appear on podcasts/YouTube with him.

I thank you for your part in the takeover, but yours and Wraiths current drive or targeting fans and saying you did your part etc both on here and on social media needs to stop.

we all need to just enjoy the takeover and move on now.

I have no words I’ll get back to my bank holiday Sunday.

31 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Doubt anything dodgy is happening like. Aren’t Barton & Caulkin looking after it or something?

Nah there won't be anything dodgy. That shouldnt be suggested. The charity stuff has taken way too long though. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Hindsight is a great thing but at the very beginning probably should have said in the result of no longer trying to buy a stake, 20% will go to x, 15% to y, etc.

I think the case was always to buy 10% but after talking to the new owners they knew that none of them were going to give up some or all of their share, and also that it wouldn’t be needed.

You can understand why they might take their time over picking a charity. I’m sure there’ll be no shortage of people lining up to hammer them for donating to the wrong one.

29 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I think the case was always to buy 10% but after talking to the new owners they knew that none of them were going to give up some or all of their share, and also that it wouldn’t be needed.

Pipe dream from the start.

4 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

If he’s too busy to reply to members, what is he doing as Chair?

He was about to step down but Alex Hurst beat him to it. Then Heron and one other left overnight so he delayed announcing his intention to stand down. Alex Hurst then returned to help Greg iirc. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is Greg’s last term.

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He was about to step down but Alex Hurst beat him to it. Then Heron and one other left overnight so he delayed announcing his intention to stand down. Alex Hurst then returned to help Greg iirc. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is Greg’s last term.

Which pretty much confirms what everyone knows that it’s being run by Alex with Greg as the puppet at the front.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Which pretty much confirms what everyone knows that it’s being run by Alex with Greg as the puppet at the front.

Who else is there to run it if there is no one else left? Next elections/candidates should be interesting.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Who else is there to run it if there is no one else left? Next elections/candidates should be interesting.

Why not just say he can’t do it and sort out elections six months ago, rather than misleading and/or ignoring fans?

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Why not just say he can’t do it and sort out elections six months ago, rather than misleading and/or ignoring fans?

I’ve just asked you a question and you’ve ignored it 🙂

Didn’t this all happen no more than a month or so after the election. 

Let’s see when it comes round again.

Out of interest what is it you are desperate in finding out about?

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’ve just asked you a question and you’ve ignored it 🙂

Didn’t this all happen no more than a month or so after the election. 

Let’s see when it comes round again.

Out of interest what is it you are desperate in finding out about?

I answered your question by pointing out there would be people available to take it on, if they bought forward an election in order to find someone.

It’s a bit like me complaining nobody is buying my house without putting it on the market.

If he can’t do it - why isn’t he relinquishing control to someone who can?

I’d like him to answer the question he said he would on here six months ago, I’d like to know  what is happening with the 200k raised and just seemingly left, I’ve got various other questions and ideas for NUST but they’re only ever ignored.

17 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I answered your question by pointing out there would be people available to take it on, if they bought forward an election in order to find someone.

It’s a bit like me complaining nobody is buying my house without putting it on the market.

If he can’t do it - why isn’t he relinquishing control to someone who can?

I’d like him to answer the question he said he would on here six months ago, I’d like to know  what is happening with the 200k raised and just seemingly left, I’ve got various other questions and ideas for NUST but they’re only ever ignored.

Pretty sure I saw that answered in here from someone on the Trust if you jump back a page or two.

Never needed to contact NUST personally but would recommend emailing them. Not saying you have but I wouldn’t rely on a Twitter response from Greg if it is only he who can answer your questions. Maybe try one of the others.

Could they not answer your questions at the EGM held a few month ago?

Just now, LFEE said:

Pretty sure I saw that answered in here from someone on the Trust if you jump back a page or two.

Never needed to contact NUST personally but would recommend emailing them. Not saying you have but I wouldn’t rely on a Twitter response from Greg if it is only he who can answer your questions. Maybe try one of the others.

Could they not answer your questions at the EGM held a few month ago?

What was the response?

Emails are ignored, I’ve sent five over the course of a couple of years with no response.

Was that the AGM that nobody was invited to as they for some reason, decided against informing people about it until a few days before and as quietly as possible?

On 23/04/2022 at 13:00, Joey Linton said:

Quoted the response for you from two pages back.

That is poor if they are receiving them. Do you get an automated reply to say received or anything?

Cant really comment on your last point. I received an email a week or two at least prior. Maybe issue getting a venue. Ended up in a pub with little privacy which would suggest so but just guessing.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Quoted the response for you from two pages back.

That is poor if they are receiving them. Do you get an automated reply to say received or anything?

Cant really comment on your last point. I received an email a week or two at least prior. Maybe issue getting a venue. Ended up in a pub with little privacy which would suggest so but just guessing.

Ta. But that doesn’t really answer anything and led to more questions than answers. Never known a donation to charity needing so much due diligence. 

Again, strikes very amateurish and last minute. Simple things not organised at all. Surely with the connections at the club, they’d have a spare room for stuff like that? 

Guest HTT II

If Greg leaves the Trust I’ll have even less trust in it than I currently now do, he’s a top lad is wor Greg and should he leave, it’s because he’s getting on with his life and good luck to him!