Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

'We'll give you this money but you have to rename your charity 'The Alex is Mint Foundation', ok?'

'er, no' 

*click*

'Don't know what's wrong with these people. Another hot towel please, Greg, this one has cooled' 

They're useless, ego driven cunts. Course they're not giving the money away because through that they still have some relevance.  Sooner the lot of them fuck off the better. 

Tin hat & Devil's Advocate name sign on, but could it not be that they are being very thorough/selective and maybe want assurances on how the money will be spent by the chosen charities? 

Still doesn't excuse how long it's taken though, and don't really feel they've served more than personal agendas in general. Will not renew my membership unless changes are made.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Tin hat & Devil's Advocate name sign on, but could it not be that they are being very thorough/selective and maybe want assurances on how the money will be spent by the chosen charities? 

Still doesn't excuse how long it's taken though, and don't really feel they've served more than personal agendas in general. Will not renew my membership unless changes are made.

:lol: How can you need assurances from a charity about how they’re going to spend a donation? Ffs.

”Was going to give the money to Oxfam, but the crazy bastards were planning on spending it on food for starving children”. 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

:lol: How can you need assurances from a charity about how they’re going to spend a donation? Ffs.

”Was going to give the money to Oxfam, but the crazy bastards were planning on spending it on food for starving children”. 

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Tin hat & Devil's Advocate name sign on

Don't really know. Amounts guaranteed for local help, ensuring a minimum amount goes directly to the cause donated to and not overhead? Could be lots of things I guess, I don't know enough about it.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Don't really know. Amounts guaranteed for local help, ensuring a minimum amount goes directly to the cause donated to and not overhead? Could be lots of things I guess, I don't know enough about it.

I can only assume the hold up is waiting for @Gregto finish work.

Takeover was completed coming up for 7 months ago now. Takeover day was the day they finally knew beyond any doubt that this 1% pipedream was never going to happen. They've just been sat on this huge pile of cash all this time and barely anyone has raised an eyebrow. Staggering really.

Given they spent 23k in their 21/22 financial year with no real explanation and then took c3k admin fees from the pledged money (although it was supposed to be ONLY used for purposes intended buy club or charitable donations). They may have inadvertently created a cash flow issue for themselves. Reality is we’ll never know unless they start to be transparent.

4 minutes ago, Geordie2302 said:

Given they spent 23k in their 21/22 financial year with no real explanation and then took c3k admin fees from the pledged money (although it was supposed to be ONLY used for purposes intended buy club or charitable donations). They may have inadvertently created a cash flow issue for themselves. Reality is we’ll never know unless they start to be transparent.

The boards all bought themselves corporate tickets clearly.

32 minutes ago, Geordie2302 said:

Where is that from? 

Ironically considering their name, they never seemed trustworthy. I'd be shocked if some of the money hasn't been misused. What transparency is there?

Greg used to come on and present a load of speil in order to get more donations out of fans (mainly when there was justifiable anger at Ashley, even though they 'are not a protest group'). Where has he gone btw?

Edited by Sean

On 22/08/2020 at 11:20, Greg said:

As I said - Amanda has Alex's phone number - if she wants to contact NUST she knows where we are but it is not the job of NUST or Alex to go chasing Amanda Staveley.

Irony. 

35 minutes ago, Sean said:

Ironically considering their name, they never seemed trustworthy. I'd be shocked if some of the money hasn't been misused. What transparency is there?

Greg used to come on and present a load of speil in order to get more donations out of fans (mainly when there was justifiable anger at Ashley, even though they 'are not a protest group'). Where has he gone btw?

He met a girl. Got engaged not that long ago. Currently on holiday abroad as job has been a bit manic. Give up his season ticket so doesn’t get up to the North East much these days. Would imagine next on his list is buying a place together and planning the wedding. 

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

The boards all bought themselves corporate tickets clearly.

As opposed to your mate Wraith who started selling out to Ashley for his directors box season ticket when fans weren’t getting behind any pledges against Ashley when they knew he was involved.

I know Greg and others on the board have worked tirelessly for the NUST.

In Greg’s case he doesn’t even have a season ticket or live in the areas and has to come up for NUST related activities out of his own pocket and time.

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

As opposed to your mate Wraith who started selling out to Ashley for his directors box season ticket when fans weren’t getting behind any pledges against Ashley when they knew he was involved.

I know Greg and others on the board have worked tirelessly for the NUST.

In Greg’s case he doesn’t even have a season ticket or live in the areas and has to come up for NUST related activities out of his own pocket and time.

I’ll say this about Wraith he did more to get Staveley to the table than any member of NUST ever did.

7 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Aye, Greg is sound as fuck. He’ll be the first to admit the Trust have made mistakes but I have no doubt whatsoever he’s done absolutely everything with the best intentions.

He might well be "sound as fuck" but the Trust has been absolutely terrible under his watch. Some of my mates are sound as fuck, no chance I'd ever want them in charge of anything. 

I'll look forward to him being the "first to admit that" though, after all we've only been waiting six and a half months so far for the detailed explanation which he suggested was needed and he promised as to why Alex was coming back on board. 

12 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Aye, Greg is sound as fuck. He’ll be the first to admit the Trust have made mistakes but I have no doubt whatsoever he’s done absolutely everything with the best intentions.

This. 

17 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’ll say this about Wraith he did more to get Staveley to the table than any member of NUST ever did.

No he didn’t. He actively told people not to demonstrate against Ashley, not to protest, all whilst he was sitting a few seats along from Ashley and Charnley.

He’s done nothing but support Ashley, whilst glorying local gangsters and giving Nazi’s a platform to speak.

If only he would go back to wrapping himself in toilet roll and playing ancient mummies on Byker Grove.

49 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He met a girl. Got engaged not that long ago. Currently on holiday abroad as job has been a bit manic. Give up his season ticket so doesn’t get up to the North East much these days. Would imagine next on his list is buying a place together and planning the wedding. 

If he’s too busy to reply to members, what is he doing as Chair?