Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

They haven't donated the money to Charity yet?

I hope the total includes any interest accrued.

What's taking so long? Maybe worth asking the 'Guardians' or the Ultimate NUFC god Alex?

10 hours ago, Likelylad said:

Just a reminder that Alex Hurst is a Tory tosser.

I haven’t bought tf since it came back in print - does it still claim to be a ‘left-leaning’ fanzine?  Or did that FT feature bring any lip service to that notion to an end?

9 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

NUSTs proposal to club for the distribution of Season Tickets

https://nufctrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Season-Tickets.pdf

Depending on the amount in each pot i think its a pretty sensible solution to a very difficult situation

Couldn't disagree more with the pot thing. Those who have had them and given them up shouldn't get preference over general sale. 

They've an absolute mess to sort out with the ten year deal thing though. No idea what the solution is there. 

10 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Charging people to be on the waiting list :lol:

No need for pots or owt else, first come first served.  Fairest way all round.

Purely in self interest, I’d like to see members first. Then GS.

Edited by Sima

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

I presume it would be a charge so that they can verify the person applying else you could spam the waiting list with all your friends and families (or even fake) details

Yes but why?

2 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Yes but why?

Why what? As it would increase your chances of getting one and when you do get to the top you then have the option to resell the entire ticket or on a game by game basis.

The unregulated resale market of tickets is an increasingly significant issue 

9 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Charging people to be on the waiting list because they might be touts? What? They would have to buy the season ticket wouldn’t they?

You would be able to refuse once you got offered a ticket

1 hour ago, loki679 said:

Charging people to be on the waiting list :lol:

Like people (a) aren't paying enough for a ticket and (b) there isn't a cost of living crisis. Classic Tory. 

Speaking of the cost of living crisis, any update on those charity donations being made yet @Gregso that the charities can use them to help those in need? 

1 hour ago, geordie_b said:

You would be able to refuse once you got offered a ticket

And then it goes to the next person on the list. I’m not being obtuse or having a go at you, I am just genuinely lost

Charging people to be on the waiting list is unlikely to deter ticket touts.  Ticket touts buy tickets to sell them for a profit - they’re expected to have some outlay upfront.

I hope the club treat this shite with the contempt it deserves.  The whole thing looks like a Sixth former’s half-arsed NVQ business coursework. 

3 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Like people (a) aren't paying enough for a ticket and (b) there isn't a cost of living crisis. Classic Tory. 

Speaking of the cost of living crisis, any update on those charity donations being made yet @Gregso that the charities can use them to help those in need? 

Just talked to a representative.  They said something about the meetings and all that to find the right charity slowly grinding to an end.

NUST have sent a proposal to the club on how to manage STs without asking their membership on what people want :lol: Think that sums up the Trust more than anything else.

Only in it for themselves. Remind me… isn’t Greg a ‘canceler’ himself? Weird that.