Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Unfiltered access though, let’s be realistic :lol: Alex thinks he’ll be sat in the Directors Box every game.

Even the most engaged owner will limit it to a quarterly meeting about what colour to paint the bogs.

Fan engagement is fine, but the majority of the issues fans raise are a load of bollocks - you only need to look at the forum minutes of most clubs across the country to see that. 

NUST will at best have such limited impact because of how badly they are run. The fact they’ve still not sorted out the donations for the pledge scheme is shambolic. Couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.

Still not having the charity donations sorted when there's a cost of living crisis hitting particularly hard in the North East is really poor form. 

19 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Unfiltered access though, let’s be realistic :lol: Alex thinks he’ll be sat in the Directors Box every game.

Even the most engaged owner will limit it to a quarterly meeting about what colour to paint the bogs.

Fan engagement is fine, but the majority of the issues fans raise are a load of bollocks - you only need to look at the forum minutes of most clubs across the country to see that. 

NUST will at best have such limited impact because of how badly they are run. The fact they’ve still not sorted out the donations for the pledge scheme is shambolic. Couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.

Have you had an audience with Amanda and Mehrdad?

I'm not passing comment on the legitimacy of what's discussed or even the power that wields - both are negligible. The point is he has an opportunity to speak to the owners. Whether he uses that time to suggest a new striker or what sandwiches they offer in the platinum club it's still an opportunity the lion share of the fanbase (us included) will never get.

Things like NUST run on their legitimacy. The second it starts to mirror that shite part of politics the more folk will turn off.

Just now, Thiago said:

Have you had an audience with Amanda and Mehrdad?

I'm not passing comment on the legitimacy of what's discussed or even the power that wields - both are negligible. The point is he has an opportunity to speak to the owners. Whether he uses that time to suggest a new striker or what sandwiches they offer in the platinum club it's still an opportunity the lion share of the fanbase (us included) will never get.

Things like NUST run on their legitimacy. The second it starts to mirror that shite part of politics the more folk will turn off.

Not sure what your point is… I couldn’t really care less about “getting an audience with Amanda or Mehrdad”.

If I was involved in NUST, I still wouldn’t care about that. That’s not what it’s about. It’s about achieving something for the fans and the local community.

Your post echos what Alex says himself, “ooh look at me, look at me I’ve met Amanda”. Don’t care mate - can you crack on and spend some time doing something productive like distributing that money to local charities?

Although a Tory tosser like him, using his self-appointed role at NUST to enhance his own business interests, why would he care about helping others?

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Not sure what your point is… I couldn’t really care less about “getting an audience with Amanda or Mehrdad”.

If I was involved in NUST, I still wouldn’t care about that. That’s not what it’s about. It’s about achieving something for the fans and the local community.

Your post echos what Alex says himself, “ooh look at me, look at me I’ve met Amanda”. Don’t care mate - can you crack on and spend some time doing something productive like distributing that money to local charities?

Although a Tory tosser like him, using his self-appointed role at NUST to enhance his own business interests, why would he care about helping others?

And that's exactly my point which I made fairly clear. 

His critics won't turn on this, if anything they'll feel validated that for him this is about his self-indulgence and not furthering the cause of supporters. 

On 25/03/2022 at 09:14, NWMag said:

They have stopped taking money now and are in the process of looking at charities to dish it out too. I believe that members will get to vote before a final decision on charities is made

Three months yesterday since the membership vote closed on the future of this and the decision was made to distribute the funds to charity. 

Edited by Joey Linton

Guest neesy111
11 hours ago, HTT II said:

They need to sort this supporters pledge money out like, this is the priority.

This has turned out to be an utter mess.  I'm really unhappy about what's happened with it.

Guest HTT II
28 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

This has turned out to be an utter mess.  I'm really unhappy about what's happened with it.

Same here as £500 quid of my money is in there and thousands more from all my friends and family who also pledged (I know I’m fucking stupid).

On 16/04/2022 at 09:24, neesy111 said:

Only way for people to vote is with their feet. Memberships should be cancelled, regardless of whether you pay annually or in bulk.

Problem is Alex will just get rid of Greg and the rest of the puppet board if that happened, rather than himself :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

Hodor in the Director’s Box tonight?

Mission accomplished.

Wanted nothing to do with it 7 months ago, now he's front and centre funnily enough. He's a fucking arsehole

So wait the reason it is taking time is them talking to charities about donating it to them? I work at a charity, here is how long the conversation would last

"would you be interested in this pile of money we have collected?"

"is it from putin or jack the ripper?"

"no"

"yes please"