Football Riddle

Gash

Guest toonlass

Name five football league clubs whose names begin and end with the same letter.

I'll go several better.

Northampton Town

Aston Villa

Charlton Athletic

Liverpool

York City

Celtic

Kilmarnock

East Fife

East Stirlingshire

Dundee United

I'll go several better.

Northampton Town

Aston Villa

Charlton Athletic

Liverpool

York City

Celtic

Kilmarnock

East Fife

East Stirlingshire

Dundee United

Scottish ones don't count.

I'll go several better.

Northampton Town

Aston Villa

Charlton Athletic

Liverpool

York City

Celtic

Kilmarnock

East Fife

East Stirlingshire

Dundee United

and liverpool and york aren't in the football league.

I'll go several better.

Northampton Town

Aston Villa

Charlton Athletic

Liverpool

York City

Celtic

Kilmarnock

East Fife

East Stirlingshire

Dundee United

and liverpool and york aren't in the football league.

or Villa :pow:

Only people win the Premier League it seems, i really didn't know it was Dalglish managing Blackburn when they won it!

Sadly, you are mistaken. What you were actually asking was, who has won the Premier League Manager of the year award, and the next in that sequence was, as I said, George Burley.

Screw you guys. I win. :tickedoff:

Which international player scored eight goals in his native country (including one for the national side) before being signed by a top Premiership side - yet only netted once after his arrival?

He was then sold on to another European side where he failed to score at all before being purchased by a different Premiership side where he only managed to find the net once.

He was then off-loaded to his third English team, where he failed to score at all. Who is he?

Crystal Palace.

Isn't "y" a vowel in this case? You could replace it with an "i" and have the same effect.

I mentioned yesterday how sometimes at school they said y can be used as a vowel, but i got laughed at.

Which international player scored eight goals in his native country (including one for the national side) before being signed by a top Premiership side - yet only netted once after his arrival?

He was then sold on to another European side where he failed to score at all before being purchased by a different Premiership side where he only managed to find the net once.

He was then off-loaded to his third English team, where he failed to score at all. Who is he?

Peter Schmeichel

Guest Rey Mysterio

Peter Schmeichel

Scored for Villa i think?

Peter Schmeichel

Scored for Villa i think?

Aye, against Everton IIRC. I remember because wasn't it the first Premier League goal scored by a goalkeeper or something?

Guest toonlass

Question is Jonny can you name me the only other goalscorer who is a goalkeeper. (excluding own goals)

In the premiership?

Guest Heneage

Question is Jonny can you name me the only other goalscorer who is a goalkeeper. (excluding own goals)

Jorge Campos? Jose Luis Chilavert?

Campos has bloody amazing record. He was originally a striker and is one of the few goalkeepers who has played outfield professionally on a regular basis.