Nott'm Forest 1 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 17/10/09 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 16

Dave

Jinky Jim, are u on a sponsored wind up or what? Dear me.

Toon to win the CL?!

Here we go again, am i the only one on N.O. who thinks things are better than they were last season?

Yes i know they couln't get worse. I'm trying to look at some of the positives so far this season.

For one, the quality of the opposition is poor, therefore with a reasonable bit of luck we should have a good chance of going straight back up.

The back 4, although shaky at times, doesn't look as if it will concede many.

In Enrique we have a quality left back defensively( though his distribution could be better)

Taylor and Collocini look effective together.

R.Taylor is competent at left back

In Midfield, Smith has been a revelation as the defensive lynchpin.

In my opinion Nolan is an effective attacking midfielder.

Carroll will cause many more problems to other teams defences.

Ranger will improve with each game.

I'm not convinced with Harper or Krull but they will have to do.

We desperately need some wide players and a creative central midfielder.

THERE!!!

That's showing POSITIVITY

NOW with a bit of luck on the injury front and the FB gets assassinated, there's something to look forward to for the remaining of the season.

How well do you think Fernando Torres would do if you played endless, aimless long balls to him?

Harewood needs the ball to his feet. When this happens he'll be very effective.

Harewood was given plenty of the ball, its his fault that he couldn't do anything with it. 

I suppose it's also Lovenkrands' fault that he isn't a left winger.

Using players incorrectly is the fault of nobody but the manager

Also the fault of the manager was that having picked and played Lovenkrands as he did it took him so long to put it right.

Guest Heneage

Harper, Simpson and possibly Nolan are the only ones I don't question after this game. It's the attack not the back line that is the problem.

I suppose it's also Lovenkrands' fault that he isn't a left winger.

Using players incorrectly is the fault of nobody but the manager

Lovenkrands playing on the wing is totally different, Harewood was playing up front.

Harewood had plenty of the ball and did nothing with it, including failing to connect with a ball about 4 yards from goal and would have flown into the net with any contact.  Harewood had nothing today, he was slow and weak when he should have been winning the ball more often that he did, I'm not even sure that he's fit.  For such a big bloke he loses out on far too many challenges.

Harper, Simpson and possibly Nolan are the only ones I don't question after this game. It's the attack not the back line that is the problem.

I remember he gave the ball away twice early doors, headed that chance into the stands when he should have centered, and had the goal ruled out. That's it in 90 minutes, why on earth wouldn't you question him?

The reason we've dropped 7 easy points in 3 games is not to do with the manager or players, its to do with the fat cunt not buying a squad for us to compete with. He thinks he can get by on scraps and loans, well fuk the fat cunt, if we fall from the top and struggle it will spite the cunt, count my nose firmly cut off and slapped up his face the fat retard.

Guest Heneage

I remember he gave the ball away twice early doors, headed that chance into the stands when he should have centered, and had the goal ruled out. That's it in 90 minutes, why on earth wouldn't you question him?

Because despite today he's the only one that looks like scoring from our midfield. He layed on a fantastic pass for Lovenkrands and was showing the intelligence to realise all the long balls were dropping in and around the edge of the penalty box.

Lovenkrands is a fucking useless winger, there was an instance first half when Carroll won a great flick-on and he had half the pitch to run into and a few yards on his marker, what does he do? Takes a touch and then tries to pick out Harewood who isn't even goalside, and hits a rotten ball out for a Notts Forest throw.

The reason we've dropped 7 easy points in 3 games is not to do with the manager or players, its to do with the fat cunt not buying a squad for us to compete with. He thinks he can get by on scraps and loans, well fuk the fat cunt, if we fall from the top and struggle it will spite the cunt, count my nose firmly cut off and slapped up his face the fat retard.

Why would that spite him though? He couldn't care less whether we struggle, succeed or wither and die.

Why would that spite him though? He couldn't care less whether we struggle, succeed or wither and die.

He does though, because it affects how much money he can claw back.

is anyone goig to be honest enough to say that we are not better without butt in the middle ?

get the scapegoating out the way (seen it with batty years ago when he had fuck all in the way of options) at least butt will take responsibility,something palpably lacking smith or nolan.

i didn't even notice guthrie was playing till the hour mark.

He does though, because it affects how much money he can claw back.

Exactly.

Must be mad if you think a NUFC in the Championship next season will be owned my Mike Ashley.

The strikers were the big disappointment for me today. Carroll was keen, but tried to do too much at times and didn't play with much intelligence. Harewood didn't look like he wanted the ball. For a player of his experience, he looked very unconfident.

We should go back to the 4-4-1-1 that got us results earlier on. Two big centre forwards doesn't really work.

PS - In fairness to Carroll, he didn't get enough protection from the ref. There were a lot of challenges from behind that ought to have been penalised.

It's absolutely pointless just lumping it long at the strikers if they don't have the support from the midfield.

:nods:

..or have the technique to hold it up and bring others into play or find each other with flick-on's.  :thup:

Guest Rey Mysterio

When we get a CB fit, i'd like to see Guthrie and Smith in the middle with Jonas and Taylor on the wings. Playing a striker and a central midfielder on the wings just doesn't work. We proabably have one of the worst strikeforces in the league.

Guest Chris P

Emotionally a bad weekend. The Makems beat  Liverpool and we got beat by Nottingham. But it's me lasses birthday so .... what can ye do?

Guest Chris P

Emotionally a bad weekend. The Makems beat Liverpool and we got beat by Nottingham. But it's me lasses birthday so .... what can ye do?

shagging her sister would be a start.

nair man. Too classical music for me like

It's absolutely pointless just lumping it long at the strikers if they don't have the support from the midfield.

Said this earlier in the thread. Forest only had one striker, but their midfield supported him much better. Nolan, Guthrie and Lovenkrands were utter wank as usual.

is anyone goig to be honest enough to say that we are not better without butt in the middle ?

get the scapegoating out the way (seen it with batty years ago when he had fuck all in the way of options) at least butt will take responsibility,something palpably lacking smith or nolan.

i didn't even notice guthrie was playing till the hour mark.

Butt is just another legless codger who can't keep up with the game. Just because the rest are bad doesn't mean he's the answer. One of the few successes this season has been Butt's replacement, Smith.