Nott'm Forest 1 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 17/10/09 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 16

Dave

is anyone goig to be honest enough to say that we are not better without butt in the middle ?

get the scapegoating out the way (seen it with batty years ago when he had f*** all in the way of options) at least butt will take responsibility,something palpably lacking smith or nolan.

i didn't even notice guthrie was playing till the hour mark.

Butt is just another legless codger who can't keep up with the game. Just because the rest are bad doesn't mean he's the answer. One of the few successes this season has been Butt's replacement, Smith.

partly my point. he's not the answer but did he deserve the lickings of a dog he got and why aren't smith,nolan and others getting similar for worse performances ?

It's absolutely pointless just lumping it long at the strikers if they don't have the support from the midfield.

This, every time we launched it up there in the first half, it dropped down to a Forest player because the wingers were out wide and Nolan and Smith were arsing around on the half way line. Utterly shit tactic. Made even more annoying at how we looked twice as good in the second half playing it about.

Harewood was actually better in the first half than second imo... He was actually invisible second half constantly hiding behind his man and popping up in the wrong position. Thought we lost something when Lovenkrands went off, we looked too one dimensional when Jonas came on, just give it out to him or Enrique and hope they create something, it's like they're playing their own game out there at times them two.

Nolan was embarrassing as well, just extremely shite. Not supporting the defence or the attack just floating about doing absolutely fuck all. Total waste of time playing him in the centre in a 442. Smith was our MOTM again, very accomplished performance.

The ref was a total cunt, the standard in this league is beyond belief, looked a clear trip on Enrique and kept giving ridiculous fouls, booking Ryan Taylor for attempting to block a hoof upfield about sums it up.

Overall, pretty shit, but nothing particularly worrying, we badly missed Taylor & Coloccini, think we would have got at least a point if they'd played. Saying that neither Khiz or Simpson did much wrong, they just got raped in the air and physically by their strikers.

Good atmosphere, but it's shit when we get allocated those long spread out sections like we used to at Villa, half the time about 3 songs are on the go in different parts. They had a pocket to the left which was pretty good but overall their lot were average too.

Jacqui Oatley (sp) was sitting across the way from me on the train back, didn't realise it was her until I noticed she was on Twitter looking at Jacqui Oatley's feed. First off I nearly asked her why she followed Jacqui Oatley on Twitter as she's a shite commentator, then I noticed she was writing a comment on it, looked at the top right and saw it was her updating her own profile. :lol: She's a Wolves fan, don't know if that's common knowledge, but I'm not missing this opportunity to break an EXCLUSIVE to the world, and I know you'd all be thrilled at gaining that information, obviously.

is anyone goig to be honest enough to say that we are not better without butt in the middle ?

get the scapegoating out the way (seen it with batty years ago when he had f*** all in the way of options) at least butt will take responsibility,something palpably lacking smith or nolan.

Butt is just another legless codger who can't keep up with the game. Just because the rest are bad doesn't mean he's the answer. One of the few successes this season has been Butt's replacement, Smith.

partly my point. he's not the answer but did he deserve the lickings of a dog he got and why aren't smith,nolan and others getting similar for worse performances ?

Smith has been better imo. Guthrie and Nolan, I agree have been shite but I've said that previously.

Smith has been better imo. Guthrie and Nolan, I agree have been s**** but I've said that previously.

smith at the start of the season fair enough....last 5 or 6 games ? nah!

Smith has been better imo. Guthrie and Nolan, I agree have been s**** but I've said that previously.

Now you are making Smith the scapegoat. He's doing his job in front of the back four, it's the midfieders who don't dovetail with the attack that are failing.

Now you are making Smith the scapegoat. He's doing his job in front of the back four, it's the midfieders who don't dovetail with the attack that are failing.

no i'm saying he's been as bad as butt and nolan recently and probably overated at the start of the season/

I don't know why you lot bother to watch matches, all you can come up with is constant criticism.

We deserved all the flak last 2 seasons but there are a lot of positives coming out of this season.

Just open your eyes and try and see, and perhaps give some players a bit of credit.

I've been a Nolan critic all last season but he has been our only midfield player, consistently likely to score or provide goalscoring opportunities.

Mate I was also at the game and not sure what you were watching. Unless Nolan has shots on goal, he is hopeless and provides nothing. Smith is the only player in midfield who sticks his foot in and Enrique is easily our best player and today looked the only one likely to maybe create something

People still questioning Harper?

f*** sake man, what does the lad have to do for a bit of credit.

How about open his mouth when his defence and midfield 4 stand off the oppostion whenever they cross the halfway line.  There was one point where we had four players in the box like statues while the Forest plaer tee'd himself up for a shot.  Given was a soft shite when it came to bollocking the defence, Harper is a poor mans soft shite.  The only redeeming thing is that he is in a bunch of players who have no voice between them.

no i'm saying he's been as bad as butt and nolan recently and probably overated at the start of the season/

He was on a booking from the first minute, which completely stifles his nature to be aggressive and control the game for us. Smith, Enrique and R Taylor were the only ones who played well today really.

How about open his mouth when his defence and midfield 4 stand off the oppostion whenever they cross the halfway line.  There was one point where we had four players in the box like statues while the Forest plaer tee'd himself up for a shot.  Given was a soft s**** when it came to bollocking the defence, Harper is a poor mans soft s****.  The only redeeming thing is that he is in a bunch of players who have no voice between them.

the defence wasn't really the problem today. Coloccini and Taylor are our best defenders and we missed them. That said, when we played the ball along the floor and got forward gradually, they no longer looked a threat.

The lesson to be learnt, defend from the front. Camping in our own half and trying to play long ball nonsense very nearly cost us against Sheff Wed in August, yet we've done it several times since, unbelievable.

Forest fans were a joke imo, about as small time as it gets. They celebrated at half time as if they'd just won a cup, nevermind the match itself.

As for the match everything has already been said, it was shite.

It was ridiculous how long it took some of our fans to realise the goal had been disallowed, I always give the lino a quick glance just to make sure. The Forest lot were pretty pathetic though, came up with some truly :facepalm: chants. "1-0 to the famous team"

ROBBED BLIND OF A POINT!

Its been said time and time again but the level of refereeing in this league is an utter f***ing disgrace.

Lets face it Skirgey boy we just ain't even good enough for this league at present.

We need change and fast.

Knee and jerk somewhere in that.

Hardly, we've been found out in the last 3 games unless you're watching something totally different?

No, I've been watching the same as you, but I know we won't be relegated.

Quite amusing someone thinks we will be.

Guest Heneage

We're hitting the same rough patch our rivals have hit, or are you forgetting the fact Boro lost at home and West Brom got beat at home by Palace.

the defence wasn't really the problem today. Coloccini and Taylor are our best defenders and we missed them. That said, when we played the ball along the floor and got forward gradually, they no longer looked a threat.

The lesson to be learnt, defend from the front. Camping in our own half and trying to play long ball nonsense very nearly cost us against Sheff Wed in August, yet we've done it several times since, unbelievable.

Playing further up the pitch definitely helped in the second half. We were way too deep in the first and that's why our midfield was overrun. We need to be more positive against this teams, they're not very good and they showed that in the second half when we pressed them high up the pitch.

By camping in our own half we had to play the ball out in tight spaces in our own half where there is no room for error - it's no surprise people just launch it long instead. Zurab and Simpson should have held their line a lot higher and they should have been screaming at the midfielders to push up and get off their toes. Taylor and Coloccini coming in will certainly help.

This wasn't the whole story though. We need a winger in on loan and badly. There's no point playing your game around a target man if you can't get balls into the box from out wide. None of our midfielders can beat a man, they're centre-mids by trade. Teams have already figured out we have no threat out wide and if they keep a solid back four against our two strikers they will come out on top.

Agree with that madras. Been saying it since the start of the season, he's a liability with his bookings, tends to win the ball a lot of the time when he has given it away initially (yet the masses don't seem to recognise this) and when he wins the ball back he doesn't know what to do with it.

That's a bit harsh on Smith. He wasn't great today but he was still better than Nolan and Guthrie combined.

See how Smith does being played out of position like Guthrie has been.

Smith has been played out of position, he's a forward by trade, albeit a bad one. I think this focus on Smith is misplaced, he's not a great midfielder and no one is pretending that he is,but the problems are in other areas of the pitch and that's where we are struggling imo.

How about open his mouth when his defence and midfield 4 stand off the oppostion whenever they cross the halfway line.  There was one point where we had four players in the box like statues while the Forest plaer tee'd himself up for a shot.  Given was a soft s**** when it came to bollocking the defence, Harper is a poor mans soft s****.  The only redeeming thing is that he is in a bunch of players who have no voice between them.

Spot on. I thought Harper did well. The long balls are just whacks up front & were meat & drink to the pub doorman who was playing CB for Nottingham Forest. If the defence & midfield are going for the long ball I wish they would at least look & try play a direct ball into the strikers.

Danny Simpson playing CB is mental. Guthrie playing out on the right just does not cut it for me & should only be used as last resort. Fat Kev if he doesn't score he brings fuck all to the table. I thought Jonas looked lively when came on.