candidates for a new defender

Guest alexharrisonnufc

Bridge first, get a somewhat proven but not way to expensive player in. Then try signing a moore ish kind of defender (Ayala?) to get the younger ones i.e Taylor and Ramage to grow in to position. Maybe Ayala and perhaps Mexes (wishful thinking) but someone in that category. Young, still have time to develop and with potential. Lots of defenders on the bench in italy. Someone "forgotten" if yoy know what I mean.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/original/captain%20america.JPG

Claudio Reyna?  blink.gif

Distin, Distin, Distin. The city fans are bricking it at the thought of him leaving, they would rather he left for nothing than leave halfway through the season. He keeps their defence together.

100% true. I wouldn't be contemplating cashing in on him in January - certainly not for a couple of million - Less than the drop off in league position bonus money should he leave. I'd be breaking the bank to keep him if I were Pearce. He's no world beater but that abilty to win both aerial battles and footraces is so important to us. PLZ STAY SYLVAIN!!1111  :august31:

Bridge, Upson and... A right back. Can't think of anyone specific... Anyone tbh. I used to be able to accept Carr's shittyness as I like his dirty bastard playing technique. But no more, he's just too shit.

and babayaro being replaced is SURELY a given?

Why did Distin leave btw?

it's shit like that happening for no obvious gain that fucks me off about NUFC

Money, City offered higher.

Hes considered a greedy mercenary, but people are forgetting who our chairman is - most likely Shephard decided that Distin should be grateful to play at a "top 8" club like ours, so tried dwindling his wages, ie Shephard's standard negotiation technique.

Neil, Bridge, Kompany would be a good shout also Mexxes can't see him coming though

But you can see Kompany coming? :?

No not really not at the moment until we change the Manager and the Chairman that will never happen sadly. bluecry.gif

Neil, Bridge, Kompany would be a good shout also Mexxes can't see him coming though

But you can see Kompany coming? :?

not a chance, he just joined Hamburg a few months ago so I don't think his club will be looking to offload him already and besides.....he's injured for the next 4 months

Guest Invicta_Toon

Phillipe Mexes.

David Navarro.

Wayne Bridge.

Matty Upson.

Jesus Christ.

Any of em will do.

Nah, no pace. Runs like he's got nails in his feet...

shit at crosses