George Caulkin

Tooj

Besides the Gomis stuff, what's this training ground noise Caulkin is tweeting about?

Pards wants a new training ground, I assume with high fences as we've lost too many balls.

Besides the Gomis stuff, what's this training ground noise Caulkin is tweeting about?

There are plans to 'rebuild it' just needs Ashley's approval. Pardew says that we have fallen behind top clubs in terms of facilities "especially water-based recovery and stuff like that".

While I know very little about this kind of stuff, most Premier League teams have pools at the training ground these days don't they?

There are plans to 'rebuild it' just needs Ashley's approval. Pardew says that we have fallen behind top clubs in terms of facilities "especially water-based recovery and stuff like that".

While I know very little about this kind of stuff, most Premier League teams have pools at the training ground these days don't they?

We have blow up ice baths etc. Be good to get some upgrades mind; think Ashley has been fairly good on sorting out the training grounds to be fair.

i heard they recently failed to make it to the top level academy status again or something?  bloke at work lives next to one of the youth coaches or something, he was telling me

Was that not mainly down to accommodation blocks or summat?

We have blow up ice baths etc. Be good to get some upgrades mind; think Ashley has been fairly good on sorting out the training grounds to be fair.

Not really the same thing though is it? Pools come predominantly into play in terms of working back from injury don't they? But yeah, hopefully it gets the go ahead.

i heard they recently failed to make it to the top level academy status again or something?  bloke at work lives next to one of the youth coaches or something, he was telling me

Was that not mainly down to accommodation blocks or summat?

We could well have top level academy status actually looking around.

We appear on ManU's fixture list - http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/The-Academy/Academy-News/2013/Jul/Manchester-United-Under-18-fixtures-2013-2014.aspx

And after not hearing owt after the last round of judging The Mag came to this conclusion - http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/exclusive-newcastle-united-get-top-academy-status-but-they-just-forgot-to-tell-us/

hm weird, it was funny 'cause the bloke specifically went out of his way to say they'd failed "again"...seems not

To be honest if we had passed last month, the Chronicle would almost certainly have been crowing about it.

Barring any concrete evidence I'd not be surprised if 'bloke at work' was actually bang on. :lol:

he seemed very specific due to knowing the bloke from next door, will ask him about it next week when he comes back

was also saying that the bloke told him he occupied about 4 or 5 different positions on the academy org chart in order to fills the boxes for the auditors, he couldn't possibly do all of the duties he should be :lol:

Eh? Did I dream that article on .com explaining that we're in the top academy group this season? They then posted a list of fixtures - or was that just related to groupings rather than categories? :mystery:

Eh? Did I dream that article on .com explaining that we're in the top academy group this season? They then posted a list of fixtures - or was that just related to groupings rather than categories? :mystery:

I seem to remember that article too...

Been interesting on Twitter today.

"Was with them in Portugal for 4 days & it was really encouraging. The Kinnear stuff is alarming."

"Pardew & others need to find a way of 'controlling' JFK because he deals with Ashley."

"He (Pardew) would walk if Kinnear interfered on training ground/dressing room - don't have any doubt about that."

"I have very little doubt that, as things stand, if and when Alan goes, JK takes over."

he seemed very specific due to knowing the bloke from next door, will ask him about it next week when he comes back

was also saying that the bloke told him he occupied about 4 or 5 different positions on the academy org chart in order to fills the boxes for the auditors, he couldn't possibly do all of the duties he should be :lol:

I was told a few months back that one of the reasons they had failed back then the lack of personnel and people doing more than one job!!!!  No idea whether that was true or not though.

"Was with them in Portugal for 4 days & it was really encouraging. The Kinnear stuff is alarming."

"Pardew & others need to find a way of 'controlling' JFK because he deals with Ashley."

"He (Pardew) would walk if Kinnear interfered on training ground/dressing room - don't have any doubt about that."

"I have very little doubt that, as things stand, if and when Alan goes, JK takes over."

who's said this?

who's said this?

Presumably Caulkin?

Nah I read it too. Definately said and made a deal about us getting top status finally.