George Caulkin

Tooj

Well aye, no doubt. :lol:

I think we all realise that the occasionally odd decision at the top doesn't affect the work further down to the extent it is sometimes made out by media or the more dramatic on here, but still, that's cheered me up no end.

Love the bit about Pardew not introducing Downeys past until after a few days. :aww:

This kind of bollocks is going to get my hopes up. b******.

Well aye, no doubt. :lol:

I think we all realise that the occasionally odd decision at the top doesn't affect the work further down to the extent it is sometimes made out by media or the more dramatic on here, but still, that's cheered me up no end.

:thup: to all of these posts.

Pardew just needs to look into the mirror to see why our ball retention is so shit ffs.

Reads to me like he has as they are working on improving it.

Shame there are no new faces to add to this pre-season training camp.

Exactly the sort of thing you want to be hearing really. Shit like this gives me the smallest sliver of hope that Pardew might be able to grow as a manager, certainly seems to be getting things right outside of match day, shame it all goes to shit when he's asked to pick a team and make some subs.

Yeah it was said all last season how un-fit we were. We started as probably the least fit side based on our first few games in my opinion and we were playing catch up from there in terms of fitness. Could help explain the many games where we only played well in one half, also the many late goals we conceded and of course the ridiculous amount of injuries.

Guest reefatoon

Really good read. Bringing in Faye Downey to sort the fitness and  to try and prevent so many injuries has got me feeling a little hopeful actually. Its a nice little breath of fresh air so far this pre season, and if it can work for us in a positive way and we start the season really well, then fantastic.

Feeling a bit of optimism building god damn it, trying not to get carried away.

Guest reefatoon

maybe add a set piece expert next.

We won't need one, we are gonna be far to quick to catch and foul. Liquid football i tells ya

Bunch of hot air from Pardew as usual. Without quality wingers, new strikers and a centre half we can be as super fit all we want, the simple fact is we lack some quality in key areas and they have failed massively(As expected).

How long must it go on before people wake up and stick two fingers up at the club? Only way to drive this Ashley out is to not give him anymore money.

Bunch of hot air from Pardew as usual. Without quality wingers, new strikers and a centre half we can be as super fit all we want, the simple fact is we lack some quality in key areas and they have failed massively(As expected).

How long must it go on before people wake up and stick two fingers up at the club? Only way to drive this Ashley out is to not give him anymore money.

We've some very decent players and so with good prep and few injuries we'd be well placed for a decent season.  Don't let any of that dull your depression though.

It's pretty sad that having a proper pre-season is a good news story.

Guy reports on our pre-season. Guy reports there are many positives, which is nice. Disco falls deeper into morose bitterness.

Not bitter at all, just think it's a bit forced albeit there isn't much else too write about if he's out there - can't recall reading this about other clubs. His name is George btw :pow:

I think you'll find I'm one of the rare ones who is looking forward to next season.