Stadium naming rights

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

"If you buy from Sports Direct you're a scab!

If you buy from Sports Direct you're a scab!

If you buy from Sports Direct, buy from Sports Direct

Buy from Sports Direct you're a scab!"

Pile of s****. If you fancy dipping into your own pocket for my football and tennis equipment in future, I'll happily avoid the place.

You do what you like. I haven't bought anything from there for over a year and won't be as long as Ashey is being a c***.

Pile of s****. If you fancy dipping into your own pocket for my football and tennis equipment in future, I'll happily avoid the place.

You do what you like. I haven't bought anything from there for over a year and won't be as long as Ashey is being a c***.

So how the hell does it make me 'a scab'. Heap of bollocks tbh.

Your opinion like. Buy from who you like. Personally I don't want to put the money into Ashley's other companies, but obviously you don't mind.

but you'll buy nike and such who use child labour etc.

And if she didn't, and other didn't, it would mean those children wouldn't have a job, wouldn't get the little money the do get, and would probs starve to death, it's not other people fault other countries don't have minimum wage, working hours control's like we do here.

Does the problme lie with the consumers?, the companies who exploit the lack of laws to prevent it from happening, or the countries who refuse to take note of it, allow it to happen?

Most of the time I buy frigging George from Asda especially for the bairns. I buy enough FairTrade stuff to salve my conscience thanks very much.

Your opinion like. Buy from who you like. Personally I don't want to put the money into Ashley's other companies, but obviously you don't mind.

And if she didn't, and other didn't, it would mean those children wouldn't have a job, wouldn't get the little money the do get, and would probs starve to death, it's not other people fault other countries don't have minimum wage, working hours control's like we do here.

Does the problme lie with the consumers?, the companies who exploit the lack of laws to prevent it from happening, or the countries who refuse to take note of it, allow it to happen?

could the company pay more than the 20p a day to them ?...Hmmmm I guess they probably could.

Most of the time I buy frigging George from Asda especially for the bairns. I buy enough FairTrade stuff to salve my conscience thanks very much.

To be fair, I was actually sticking up for you, by stating the pint that I myself stand by.

Guest toonlass

To be fair, I was actually sticking up for you, by stating the pint that I myself stand by.

Aye I was replying to Madras, sorry for the confusion and thanks for sticking up for me.

could the company pay more than the 20p a day to them ?...Hmmmm I guess they probably could.

They could, but why would they, the company you work for could possibly pay you double what you actually earn, but they don't need to, so why do it? it doesn't make good business sense. They would actually prefer to pay you less, and no doubts would love to pay you less then minimum wage, but can't because it's the law. Other countries don't have that law, hence there workers get exploited, it's not my fault is some kid in Asia is the victim of relaxed rules and labour laws in there own country.

But also, what happens if these companies didn't pay that child 20p a day?, it maybe little, but it's the little they need to survive, they don't have a social system like ours to keep you alfoat if you don't have a job.

Aye I was replying to Madras, sorry for the confusion and thanks for sticking up for me.

No probs then.

They could, but why would they, the company you work for could possibly pay you double what you actually earn, but they don't need to, so why do it? it doesn't make good business sense. They would actually prefer to pay you less, and no doubts would love to pay you less then minimum wage, but can't because it's the law. Other countries don't have that law, hence there workers get exploited, it's not my fault is some kid in Asia is the victim of relaxed rules and labour laws in there own country.

But also, what happens if these companies didn't pay that child 20p a day?, it maybe little, but it's the little they need to survive, they don't have a social system like ours to keep you alfoat if you don't have a job.

my company couldn't afford to pay me double and still make a profit as they'd have to pay others that do my job the same wage. funny isn't it that before we had the minimum wage the majority were still paid above where it was set. in fact my pay had little to do with the minimum wage.

in most cases that company could afford to pay a lot more than it is and still make a healthy profit, quite a few do in fact.

From True Faith. Quite good and I agree.

Read that again. In exchange for a big fucking telly they want you to be happy with the name of St. James’ Park being turned into a bad e-mail address. They must think we’re thick. Well, frankly if we swallow this then we are. Jesus Christ.

Llambias might have been a little bit more convincing had he said the money was going to be used to buy players to get us back into the PL and keep us in the PL rather than being trousered by his FCB boss. Or being used in a deal to buy those thick Geordies a fucking telly.

Not that you can believe a word from anyone in any position of authority at St. James’ Park. Perhaps this latest line is part of their brand of “Public Relations”. Mind, its called lying where I come from but there you go we simple-minded Tyneside folk and our funny little ways about truth, integrity, tradition and heritage.

Don’t swallow this latest shite.

It has been your action that has flushed Llambias out into the open and which clearly has them rattled. Well done. Keep it up. Keep standing up for St. James’. It really is up to you. No-one else. There’s only us. No-one is going to do our fighting for us. We’re on our own.

It was your action which brought out NEXUS to state categorically they would not rename the St James’ Metro Station.

It was your action which brought out ADIDAS to state publicly they wanted nothing to do with this garbage of re-branding.

It was your action which brought out a detailed statement from the City Council stating their public opposition to this flagrant attempt to denigrate one of Newcastle’s most significant land-marks.

It was your action which brought the MP for Tyne Bridge, David Clelland to table an Early Day Motion in the Commons articulating opposition to this re-branding of St. James’ Park. It will be your action which will get your MP to sign that Early Day Motion.

It will be your action which will bring out our MEPs to state their public opposition to the attempted re-branding of St. James’ Park.

It will be your action at St. James’ Park on Saturday which will signal opposition to this corporate abortion.

It will be your action which will deter corporations for having anything to do with this bollocks.

We haven’t defeated this attack upon the traditions and heritage of Newcastle United. Yet. If we think we have then we are bigger fools than Ashley/Llambias possibly imagine.

They think its alright if they give us a big telly. How cheap do they think we are?

The name of St. James’ Park has endured more than 120 years and we’ve never needed a big telly in all of that time. The green rectangular bit with the white lines has done the trick up until now - win, lose or draw.

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS CRAP. STAND UP FOR ST. JAMES’. IT’S UP TO YOU!

That Is All.

Can we not get some fathers for justice style contractors to knock off that daft sportsdirect sign above the gallowgate.

FWIW he said "for example sportsdirect@ St James Park"

It's not actually the name it was just an example from the prick.

Guest toonlass

Really can't see anything wrong with this apart from loosing tradition.  But tradition shouldn't really stand in the way of securing extra finances for the club.

:doh: