Stadium naming rights

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Sports Direct.Com@ St James Park".

I am amazed these people are able to stand up straight. They seriously sat in an office and said "Thats the one. Fucking Bingo. Brilliant".

There are no more words to describe the incompetence.

Horrible idea. Sad thing is that Llambiarse and Ashley will probably believe that this latest statement will placate the fans. And that's who'll end up sponsoring the stadium if it goes through - Ashley's own business. I mean which company/organisation in their right mind would seek to align themselves with this man?

The only reason why it is going to be know as Thecheapychavstyleshop@ St James' Park is because they cannot change the St James Park.

Seriously they can't, Mike Ashley only owns the lease on the ground, Newcastle City Council owns the ground. So basically him changing the actual name would be like me renting a house, and giving the house a name, in replacement of it's number without asking the owner of the house. It can't be done, simple as that. Nothing to do with any rubbish he comes out with about not dropping it because it's part of the history of the club.

The only reason why it is going to be know as Thecheapychavstyleshop@ St James' Park is because they cannot change the St James Park.

Seriously they can't, Mike Ashley only owns the lease on the ground, Newcastle City Council owns the ground. So basically him changing the actual name would be like me renting a house, and giving the house a name, in replacement of it's number without asking the owner of the house. It can't be done, simple as that. Nothing to do with any rubbish he comes out with about not dropping it because it's part of the history of the club.

The council have already confirmed he can change the name if he wants.

It's nowt like renting a house and changing the name of it because you don't own the building when you rent a house. Ashley owns St James' Park just not the land it is built on.

The council have already confirmed he can change the name if he wants.

It's nowt like renting a house and changing the name of it because you don't own the building when you rent a house. Ashley owns St James' Park just not the land it is built on.

To be fair, their is rules for and against this, it just happens to be which one would stand up more in court.

Newcastle United own the actual stadium and the council own the land the stadium is built on.

"If you buy from Sports Direct you're a scab!

If you buy from Sports Direct you're a scab!

If you buy from Sports Direct, buy from Sports Direct

Buy from Sports Direct you're a scab!"

Pile of shite. If you fancy dipping into your own pocket for my football and tennis equipment in future, I'll happily avoid the place.

Guest toonlass

Pile of shite. If you fancy dipping into your own pocket for my football and tennis equipment in future, I'll happily avoid the place.

You do what you like. I haven't bought anything from there for over a year and won't be as long as Ashey is being a cunt.

Pile of s****. If you fancy dipping into your own pocket for my football and tennis equipment in future, I'll happily avoid the place.

You do what you like. I haven't bought anything from there for over a year and won't be as long as Ashey is being a c***.

Pile of s****. If you fancy dipping into your own pocket for my football and tennis equipment in future, I'll happily avoid the place.

You do what you like. I haven't bought anything from there for over a year and won't be as long as Ashey is being a c***.

So how the hell does it make me 'a scab'. Heap of bollocks tbh.

Guest toonlass

Your opinion like. Buy from who you like. Personally I don't want to put the money into Ashley's other companies, but obviously you don't mind.

I wonder how much Sportsdirect are paying for this?

What with this and the £20m, Hughton should have a serious war chest for January.

And you don't think the £20m put into the club, and the stadium name chagne are connected?

So for one minute you don't think that £20m is from Sports Direct, and wrote off what we owe them?

You don't for one minute think that some of that money is for the name change?

I do.

Your opinion like. Buy from who you like. Personally I don't want to put the money into Ashley's other companies, but obviously you don't mind.

but you'll buy nike and such who use child labour etc.

What with this and the £20m, Hughton should have a serious war chest for January.

And you don't think the £20m put into the club, and the stadium name chagne are connected?

So for one minute you don't think that £20m is from Sports Direct, and wrote off what we owe them?

I do.

I was actually taking the piss.

but you'll buy nike and such who use child labour etc.

And if she didn't, and other didn't, it would mean those children wouldn't have a job, wouldn't get the little money the do get, and would probs starve to death, it's not other people fault other countries don't have minimum wage, working hours control's like we do here.

Does the problme lie with the consumers?, the companies who exploit the lack of laws to prevent it from happening, or the countries who refuse to take note of it, allow it to happen?

I do.

I was actually taking the piss.

Thats ok then.