Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A much needed option at centre back, especially with Taylor out. Priority is a striker now, as much as I'd like another attacking midfielder we need a proven striker.

Can't see it happening unless at least two of ours leave.

Hughton has said he will sign a striker

And? We'll still have to get rid of some before we bring in any more.

At present we have six strikers in the senior squad, plus Nolan and Smith who could theoretically be options. Do you see Ashley sanctioning more?

Ranger will surely go out on loan?

Then I guess one of Xisco or Best would have to leave, and Hughton wont be getting rid of Best.

:celb: Sol is a good addition to the squad in my eyes the only thing is you would have to play Taylor with him and not Colo due to pase and fitness

What? :lol:

colocini is still a premiership flop

So's Taylor. And how on earth does 'pase' and fitness count in his favour when considering a partner for Campbell? Taylor is slow and unfit. :lol:

I think Campbell will be a pretty good partner for Coloccini, in that he has the physicality Colo sometimes lacks. He'll lead the defence as well, should be pretty handy. However their success/failure will be dependant on the midfield in front of them not being incompetent morons.

I disagree with this (at the moment). The premiership is a difficult league to play in and al;though he did have a few mares, it was no worse than some of the other players that season. I think Colo had a blinding season last season and i think that Sol Campbells arrival is perfect!

Guest neesy111

:celb: Sol is a good addition to the squad in my eyes the only thing is you would have to play Taylor with him and not Colo due to pase and fitness

So's Taylor. And how on earth does 'pase' and fitness count in his favour when considering a partner for Campbell? Taylor is slow and unfit. :lol:

soo's taylor hmmm, nope wrong their.  Taylor has been playing for 5 seasons and is regularly linked with other premiership clubs.  Colocini cost 10M and made a number of errors which in part led to us being relegated

Coloccini was actually very good up until a point in 08/09. Seem to remember after the Villa (h) in particular he was getting good reviews. It was as if he just completely burned at one point and he really struggled in the second half of the season.

I was told that Colo was on £90k by someone who should know these things.

That would explain why he's still here.

I hope that shut's Ronaldo up who always say he wasn't on anything near that

All depends on how much you think a Journalist might know... Kezman?

I'm telling you now, not a chance he's on 90k, I know that for a fact. I remember people saying Martins wasn't on 90k, when I said he was.

try and explain our 45M wage bill in the championship then

:lol:

Even if the club had the finances of a Chelsea-Man City-Real Madrid coalition , making an average 36 year old centreback one of your topp earners is insanity.

One of our top earners?! :mackems:

soo's taylor hmmm, nope wrong their.  Taylor has been playing for 5 seasons and is regularly linked with other premiership clubs.  Colocini cost 10M and made a number of errors which in part led to us being relegated

Regularly linked with other clubs? And no offers.

What on earth does that have to do with it anyway?

What are the sadsacks on Rtg saying about this?

They pulled out of the deal for Campbell before he signed for us because they got Bramble, oh and they weren't in for Gosling either apparently :lol:

Not particularly thrilled by this but understand the reasoning behind it due to Taylors injury and the fact we have no cover at all for Collo and Williamson.

I've just had a shudder thinking about Kenny Sansom, Ian Rush and John Barnes though.

Not particularly thrilled by this but understand the reasoning behind it due to Taylors injury and the fact we have no cover at all for Collo and Williamson.

I've just had a shudder thinking about Kenny Sansom, Ian Rush and John Barnes though.

this time things will be different, and you're gonna see-ee.

The same John Barnes who finished top scorer? Even though he had the mobility of a supertanker, he was still a cut above in terms of passing and vision.