Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/37360.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

"I cannot speak highly enough of Arsene Wenger and the way he brought me back to Arsenal, and yes I thought I would have stayed," he said. "I was made an offer for another year, but the manager had a certain budget to spend on wages and a month had gone by and nothing had moved on, so that was it.

"Other clubs came in for me, I had talks with Sunderland but they signed Titus Bramble, and I had talks with Celtic, which is a fantastic club, and the offer was fantastic. But Newcastle came in, and there are many factors why this is the perfect place."

Campbell has footballing ties with the Magpies' manager. "I have known the manager, Chris Hughton, for an awful long time and respect the guy and like him as a person," said the former England international. "He is a top man, and he works tirelessly for what he wants to achieve, and he wants to get everything right

"Newcastle is also a pretty good place both on and off the field. On it, there is tremendous support, a wonderful atmosphere, I have played at St. James' Park, many, many times, and always loved the atmosphere it generated.

"I was also offered a two-year contract, and that appealed. I want to play, and felt there would be more opportunities at Newcastle than Arsenal. But I wish Arsene and the team, and the club well, I really do."

Huh?

At Sunderland or Celtic

Still probably bollocks like.

Guest malandro

Fans hounding out players before they've even played for us. The fans sent us down once they'll do it again. [/typical]

When did the fans do that?

Fans hounding out players before they've even played for us. The fans sent us down once they'll do it again. [/typical]

When did the fans do that?

I was taking the piss like.

why didn't sol just say "ha yeah that shot doesn't look good but i can assure you ther picture is misleading, i'm not that bad. yes , i'm a bit out of shape as i'm 3 weeks behind in training but i'm in better shape that i was when i started training at arsenal last year" instead of going off on one ?

why didn't sol just say "ha yeah that shot doesn't look good but i can assure you ther picture is misleading, i'm not that bad. yes , i'm a bit out of shape as i'm 3 weeks behind in training but i'm in better shape that i was when i started training at arsenal last year" instead of going off on one ?

Fuck knows. Fingers crossed for some more quality outbursts from the fat has-been throughout the season. (It's a joke, Sol. Just a joke.)

Says he won't be fit for the first league game

Link to the interview from skysports...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6296348,00.html

That's the part I really don't like about it:

"I can't do anything about it. Getting married and going on honeymoon and stuff like that"

He's a pro footballer, he should be in shape all the time till his career ends. At least not in that bad form like he seems to be.

Says he won't be fit for the first league game

Link to the interview from skysports...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6296348,00.html

That's the part I really don't like about it:

"I can't do anything about it. Getting married and going on honeymoon and stuff like that"

He's a pro footballer, he should be in shape all the time till his career ends. At least not in that bad form like he seems to be.

Aye, I bet you're dedicated to your 365 days a year :lol:

Hughton on Campbell:  :lol:

"He's certainly not fat. He's in very good shape. He's a very big man anyway, but he's certainly not fat. What he isn't at this moment is fit. He's not fit at this moment in time. He can still cut it of course, with the games he was involved with for Arsenal last season.

"On the back of that, we realise where we are in this division, we realise where Arsenal are in this division and somebody who can play a part in their season, we know is going to be good enough for us."

from .com.

Yes, if we go into the season with the attitude that anyone is better than us we may aswell hand in our Premiership party invitations and go home.

I don't think Hughton has that attitude. But that Arsenal will finish higher up in the table than we will is safe to say.

Yes, if we go into the season with the attitude that anyone is better than us we may aswell hand in our Premiership party invitations and go home.

Is it something in the water these days?

Yeah, that sarcasm blocking shit looks like it's got all the way to Seoul.

Is it something in the water these days?

Yeah, that sarcasm blocking s*** looks like it's got all the way to Seoul.

Lovely. I'll hang my head in shame for the next hour now.