Tamas Kadar

TRon

Every time he made an appearance in the Championship, I was impressed really. Calm and collected in defence so can't see why he'd be out of favour now (I have heard things about his attitude).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, hope he's given a chance in the PL.

Aye, he played across almost the entire back four during that season and looked extremely comfortable. He looked shakey during last season's Carling Cup match with Arsenal but then he was playing alongside Perch in a makeshift back line. It's bizarre that the club have just turned their back on him given his age and talent, although as you say there are rumours his attitude isn't right and he came back this summer well out of shape, injury or no injury.

Massive chance for him, fingers crossed he takes it, could be a squad player for the rest of the season, and then beyond.

Think he'll do alright then pick up an injury after 2 or3 games, by then Colo and willi will be fit again.

Well, maybe you've seen more of him than me.

I've seen quite a bit of him for the reserves and he has something about him.  He's a bit like Coloccini and Enrique in as much as he would rather bring the ball out of defence than just hoof it and he's quite assured for somebody with little experience.

I don’t know if he can make the step up but the only way to find that one out is by giving him games. His fitness has probably been the main reason for his lack of games as he doesn’t seem to go too long before his next injury which is a pity.

It's a pity he didn't get a chance to cut his teeth in the Championship but it's telling that neither him or Hughton have seemingly trusted him with first team duties.

It's a pity he didn't get a chance to cut his teeth in the Championship but it's telling that neither him or Hughton have seemingly trusted him with first team duties.

Hughton was overly cautious with things like that though. One of the criticisms I'll say about Hughton was there were times when some of the youngsters could have been given a chance. Mick gave the example of Paddy V there. He also brought in Pancrate when Lua-Lua could have done the same job. There were plenty of opportunities that year when we were cruising when he could have brought some of the younger lads on to give them a taste of things, without there being too much pressure on their shoulders.

Yep agreed. It was the only real negative from that season, that we didn't blood the youngsters. Certainly when promotion was secured, they should have been given some starts.

Hughton was overly cautious with things like that though. One of the criticisms I'll say about Hughton was there were times when some of the youngsters could have been given a chance. Mick gave the example of Paddy V there. He also brought in Pancrate when Lua-Lua could have done the same job. There were plenty of opportunities that year when we were cruising when he could have brought some of the younger lads on to give them a taste of things, without there being too much pressure on their shoulders.

Love Hughton but they are all fair points.

My biggest problem with Hughton was his lack of balls when we were in the Championship and brought in players like Fitz Hall and Zurab whatever he was called when we had players who could have done a job for us already on our books.  Has Kadar ever let us down whenever he's played?  I remember one game when he wasn't too clever but I can't remember who it was against, kids will have off days and that's why they need games to develop.

Look what happened with Carroll in a 12 month period, that wouldn’t have happened if we hadn’t played him and I didn’t see anything in him to suggest he’d become a £35 million player before Christmas in the Championship.

I wouldn't have any problem playing Kadar next to Coloccini in the coming weeks, I'd go as far as saying that he's probably our best option if he's fit, at least until Williamson is ready to start.

The priority was promotion and anything other than that would have been an absolute disaster. I know we went miles clear in 2010 but i don't blame Hughton for sticking with seasoned professionals. The business in January cemented the championship and if that was at the expense of blooding our youngsters, i can let it go. Routledge goes without saying, and the short-term signings of Hall, Van Aanholt and Pancrate all served good purpose, particularly One-Size. Before people point out that Van Aanholt wasn't a seasoned professional; he was an out-and-out left-back whereas Kadar wasn't.

Besides, the youth products of the time - notably Lua Lua, Krul and Forster - all went out on loan anyway, so it wasn't as if they weren't playing football. Ranger and Kadar remained at the club because they were considered fourth and fifth choices and therefore needed for first team duties. It's not like neither of them got games.

I've been totally perplexed with what's happened with Kadar since the promotion campaign, because as others have said, he looked like he could be a decent defender. The theory that he got mixed up with Ranger's lot seems plausible, i suppose. The two of them had similar promise and a similar demise.

If he isn't involved at the weekend, i think we can assume that his career here is pretty much done.

The priority was promotion and anything other than that would have been an absolute disaster. I know we went miles clear in 2010 but i don't blame Hughton for sticking with seasoned professionals. The business in January cemented the championship and if that was at the expense of blooding our youngsters, i can let it go. Routledge goes without saying, and the short-term signings of Hall, Van Aanholt and Pancrate all served good purpose, particularly One-Size. Before people point out that Van Aanholt wasn't a seasoned professional; he was an out-and-out left-back whereas Kadar wasn't.

Besides, the youth products of the time - notably Lua Lua, Krul and Forster - all went out on loan anyway, so it wasn't as if they weren't playing football. Ranger and Kadar remained at the club because they were considered fourth and fifth choices and therefore needed for first team duties. It's not like neither of them got games.

I've been totally perplexed with what's happened with Kadar since the promotion campaign, because as others have said, he looked like he could be a decent defender. The theory that he got mixed up with Ranger's lot seems plausible, i suppose. The two of them had similar promise and a similar demise.

If he isn't involved at the weekend, i think we can assume that his career here is pretty much done.

I don't think any of the players who came in on loan were better than what we had.  We even played Guthrie regularly on the wing instead of Lua Lua until we brought Routledge in.  :lol:

Hmmm, yeah I guess you could say that unfortunately :undecided:

(Btw, Krul didn't go out on loan that season).

I don't think any of the players who came in on loan were better than what we had.  We even played Guthrie regularly on the wing instead of Lua Lua until we brought Routledge in.  :lol:

To be fair (and this is only from memory, it's late) but IIRC although his influence did improve as he moved more central Guthrie did get a lot of assists from out wide.

Well, he spent a year at Falkirk, whichever year that was. The point i'm making is that it's not like our youngsters didn't get football. A wider point i'm touching on is that i don't blame the respective managers' for not giving youth products game time, when they simply haven't been good enough for Newcastle. Lua Lua's permanent move to Brighton is further evidence of this.

To be fair (and this is only from memory, it's late) but IIRC although his influence did improve as he moved more central Guthrie did get a lot of assists from out wide.

I can't remember him getting lots of assists although he may have done.  I just remember him not being very effective on the wing.

Well, he spent a year at Falkirk, whichever year that was. The point i'm making is that it's not like our youngsters didn't get football. A wider point i'm touching on is that i don't blame the respective managers' for not giving youth products game time, when they simply haven't been good enough for Newcastle. Lua Lua's permanent move to Brighton is further evidence of this.

How can you prove if you're good enough or not without getting games?  Has Kadar let either himself or us down when played?  You seem to think lack of games means a player isn’t good enough yet Kadar has done nothing wrong when played and I don’t remember Lua Lua doing too much wrong either when played.

Fair dos. I guess that during our promotion season, it was imperative that we get promoted at the first attempt. So by signing players like Hall, Pancrate, players who were somewhat experienced (Hall having had experience in the Championship, Pancrate with extensive experience of Ligue 1), they would serve as better back up than some of our youngsters.