Tamas Kadar

TRon

I'm not entirely optimistic that Kadar will stay beyond his current contract like. The fact that he wasn't even on the bench for the Norwich game is worrying signs for the lad. He must have thought that he was in contention for at least a place on the bench considering he was the only fit CB available.

Most of us wanted him to start too though now as it stands, don't think he'll be starting for the first team any time soon. Shame.

Yet he hadn't been training with the first team squad for months, he's not likely to be rushed straight into the thick of things - it would do his confidence more harm than good.

This isn't football manager, if Kadar's attitude or training hasn't been up to standard, we're not suddenly going to go back on everything just because we've not got a recognised CB. Preferred position or not, without the months of training, Premier League standard of fitness/match practice, lack of experience - Kadar is not going to make a difference on his own. This is the real world, not a computer game.

If there's a future for him (and I'd like there to be), he needs to do whatever it is that the club want of him in order to be training with the first team squad. First choice (captain, even) for the reserves and 'banging on the managers door' (TM - L.Best) for a match day 18 place.

He was training with the first team for a few weeks now as far as I'm aware and yes he's probably not up to the PL standard fitness-wise due to his injury problems a few months back but I still would have had him on the bench on Saturday. He has played for the Hungary U21s recently so his fitness should be okay. Also if there are problems with his attitude, then maybe the feeling of being involved in the first team might just give him some sort of kick up the backside to try and force his way into the team. Probably wishful thinking mind.

We don't know what's gone on behind the scenes regarding his attitude but for me he still remains a good future prospect and one which I hope we'll keep a hold of.

He was training with the first team for a few weeks now as far as I'm aware and yes he's probably not up to the PL standard fitness-wise due to his injury problems a few months back but I still would have had him on the bench on Saturday. He has played for the Hungary U21s recently so his fitness should be okay. Also if there are problems with his attitude, then maybe the feeling of being involved in the first team might just give him some sort of kick up the backside to try and force his way into the team. Probably wishful thinking mind.

We don't know what's gone on behind the scenes regarding his attitude but for me he still remains a good future prospect and one which I hope we'll keep a hold of.

The only thing we know is that he wasn't included in the matchday 18 when we had our three first choice central defenders and he was the only player with competitive experience at CB left on the books.

We also know that he's not been involved with the first team squad for most of the season. He was only given a squad number recently (when Colo may not have made it at OT).

Whatever the reason is, he needs to sort it out and get himself involved - this is exactly the opportunity he should be seizing to show how good he is/isn't. If he's not fit, he needs to get there. If he's not got the right attitude, he needs to sharpen up. If he's not been following directions from the coaching staff, he needs to listen and take heed.

Kadar is the only one who can do this - I struggle to believe that we'd allow a promising youngster to waste away if he'd been doing the right things and performing well in training. If he's not up to the mark, why should we extend his contract?

The only thing we know is that he wasn't included in the matchday 18 when we had our three first choice central defenders and he was the only player with competitive experience at CB left on the books.

We also know that he's not been involved with the first team squad for most of the season. He was only given a squad number recently (when Colo may not have made it at OT).

Whatever the reason is, he needs to sort it out and get himself involved - this is exactly the opportunity he should be seizing to show how good he is/isn't. If he's not fit, he needs to get there. If he's not got the right attitude, he needs to sharpen up. If he's not been following directions from the coaching staff, he needs to listen and take heed.

Kadar is the only one who can do this - I struggle to believe that we'd allow a promising youngster to waste away if he'd been doing the right things and performing well in training. If he's not up to the mark, why should we extend his contract?

:thup: Agreed.

It is entirely down to Kadar to step it up and show what he can do and ultimately prove to Pardew why he should be in the first team squad. If he does leave at the end of the season, it would be an absolute shame considering his early promise.

If we gave Ryan Donaldson a year's extension (and Nile Ranger 5 and a half years!) then I don't see why we shouldn't give one to Kadar - he's shown waaaay more potential than Donaldson and even arguably Ranger.

Aye, but if he's been going backwards (with his attitude, if not ability) over the past 18months (since he last featured?) then why keep him hanging around the place?

Might as well be best for both parties if we split ties - given our history with nuturing talent, it'd be no surprise if he goes off and becomes a regular in a European team in one of the major leagues :lol: them's the breaks though. If he's not going to play when we don't have a recognised CB fit at the club (and he's fit), he never will! :(

• 1 month later...

I hope the failed deal with Mariappa is a blessing in disguise for Kadar.

If given the chance, he'll essentially be playing for his future too. Hope he takes his opportunity if given one.

It's now down to him to show Pardew that he's worth it and can do a job for the first team when called upon.

• 3 weeks later...

If given the chance, he'll essentially be playing for his future too. Hope he takes his opportunity if given one.

It's now down to him to show Pardew that he's worth it and can do a job for the first team when called upon.

Seems there's no chance of him being given a go though, no? Even if someone got injured I bet Perch would start ahead of him.

Seems there's no chance of him being given a go though, no? Even if someone got injured I bet Perch would start ahead of him.

Well, unfortunately he is actually one of the players who is going to be released in the summer. So really, he's not going to get a chance like. As it stands, like you've said, Perch is more likely to start if we have an injury at CB. At best, Kadar will be on the bench I think (he was when we played Brighton anyway when Colo was injured).

It's an absolute shame.

• 3 months later...