Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I didn't even know Sting actually supported Newcastle. He's definitely lost the Wallsend twang but fair play, at least he doesn't support Man U.

Gordon Sumner (Sting) lived on Marden Farm / Marden estate in Cullercoats / Tynemouth and went to St. Mary's Primary. I was in his sister, Anita's class and pretty much everyone supported the Toon (and Celtic of course).

Guest toonlass

I didn't even know Sting actually supported Newcastle. He's definitely lost the Wallsend twang but fair play, at least he doesn't support Man U.

Gordon Sumner (Sting) lived on Marden Farm / Marden estate in Cullercoats / Tynemouth and went to St. Mary's Primary. I was in his sister, Anita's class and pretty much everyone supported the Toon (and Celtic of course).

My mam worked with Sting's mam at Preston Hospital. His dad was a Milkman.

Usual array of professional Geordies jumping on a populist theme in the press, some of whom are known to like to see "all teams in the north east doing well" and would have been just as happy to make a quote for the Sunderland Echo.

As they're all multi millionaires why don't they do something positive for the club and stadium they "love" and then maybe Ashley wouldn't have to come up with crackpot schemes to increase revenues ?

His brother was my milkman in High Farm, Wallsend and still owned the business last I heard. Great times.

Yeah, his brother as well aye.  My mate lives in High Farm and has mentioned this a fair bit.

Yeah ... moved to Tynemouth when he was 13 ... so my memory of him from primary school must have just been him coming to pick his sister up.

His sister once bit me on the arm under the teacher's desk during a wet break when I tried to do something ... inappropriate.

His brother was my milkman in High Farm, Wallsend and still owned the business last I heard. Great times.

Yeah, his brother as well aye.  My mate lives in High Farm and has mentioned this a fair bit.

Yeah ... moved to Tynemouth when he was 13 ... so my memory of him from primary school must have just been him coming to pick his sister up.

His sister once bit me on the arm under the teacher's desk during a wet break when I tried to do something ... inappropriate.

:lol:

Did it Sting?

one of the things that has surprised me in all this debate is that when talking to people they can't even pronounce it correctly and in a lot of cases write it as St Jamses park.

Well to be fair it is mis-punctuated.

one of the things that has surprised me in all this debate is that when talking to people they can't even pronounce it correctly and in a lot of cases write it as St Jamses park.

i had it explained to me once as a youngster why it is the way it is but i'll be buggered by a randy hippo if i can remember why.

There's no officially correct punctuation of it as far as I'm aware, all the areas around it named St James xxxx are punctuated every fucking way possible when you look at old records going back depending on the date, the place and who wrote it down.

i had it explained to me once as a youngster why it is the way it is but i'll be buggered by a randy hippo if i can remember why.

It's simple; it's like that because it's wrong. O0

It's simple; it's like that because it's wrong. O0

i'm sure it's something to do with punctuational changes over time. as in that was correct piunctuation once upon a time.

There's a place in Bromley called St. Jame's Court. I'm pretty sure it isn't devoted to St Jame.

i might have remembered correctly. apparently according to wiki St James's park tube station was for years St James' park on the tube maps "Illustrating changing practice in punctuation, tube maps up to the early 1930s show the name as "St. James' Park". From Harry Beck's first map in 1933 until the early 1950s the name was shown as "St. James Park". Since the 1950s it has had the current name.