Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We'll be f***ing Doncaster next.

Every inch of their club is sponsored by some f***er. The team lineup announcement on Tuesday took about 3 hours as he was reeling off all their partners.

:lol:

the programme from Scunny in October.  Each piece of the players home and away kit individually sponsored.  Imagine telling your mates, "..yeah so I've just coughed up £500 to sponsor Matt Sparrow's away socks"

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6744/p25031017290001.jpg

We'll be f***ing Doncaster next.

Every inch of their club is sponsored by some f***er. The team lineup announcement on Tuesday took about 3 hours as he was reeling off all their partners.

:lol:

the programme from Scunny in October.  Each piece of the players home and away kit individually sponsored.  Imagine telling your mates, "..yeah so I've just coughed up £500 to sponsor Matt Sparrow's away socks"

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6744/p25031017290001.jpg

hahaha! can we please chip in and sponsor collocini's hair band

• 4 months later...

Bit more positive about the stadium, is the visit of the FIFA World Cup inspectors on Wednesday:

FIFA inspectors will visit London, Manchester, Sunderland and Newcastle next week as they check on England's bid to host the 2018 or 2022 World Cup.

The delegation led by Chilean Football Federation president Harold Mayne-Nicholls begins its four-day visit to England on Monday.

While the inspectors are visiting only four of the 12 candidate cities in England, they will see presentations from the other venues.

FIFA's 24-man executive committee will vote on the 2018 and 2022 hosts in December.

The delegation will visit Tyneside on Wednesday and ahead of that the unlikely figure of Arsene Wenger has been talking up United's importance to the bid:

“When the FIFA delegation arrive in Newcastle this week, I hope they are stunned by the sight of St James' Park.

"By the way it dominates the skyline, a sporting citadel and the heartbeat of the city. In a city that breathes football there, they have a love of the game that is remarkable..."

Taken from .com.

Not the first time Wenger has made some very pleasant comments about the Toon.

Guest neesy111

Bit more positive about the stadium, is the visit of the FIFA World Cup inspectors on Wednesday:

FIFA inspectors will visit London, Manchester, Sunderland and Newcastle next week as they check on England's bid to host the 2018 or 2022 World Cup.

The delegation led by Chilean Football Federation president Harold Mayne-Nicholls begins its four-day visit to England on Monday.

While the inspectors are visiting only four of the 12 candidate cities in England, they will see presentations from the other venues.

FIFA's 24-man executive committee will vote on the 2018 and 2022 hosts in December.

The delegation will visit Tyneside on Wednesday and ahead of that the unlikely figure of Arsene Wenger has been talking up United's importance to the bid:

“When the FIFA delegation arrive in Newcastle this week, I hope they are stunned by the sight of St James' Park.

"By the way it dominates the skyline, a sporting citadel and the heartbeat of the city. In a city that breathes football there, they have a love of the game that is remarkable..."

Taken from .com.

Not the first time Wenger has made some very pleasant comments about the Toon.

I remember it was him that told Robert to join us :aww:

Massive bump here, but whatever happened to this ridiculous rebranding thing?

Nothing it would appear.  Shame, as we could have done with the revenue.

Might have been able to afford to make OM an offer they couldn't refuse.

Say somebody offered you £4m to name St James Park, for a season and it meant all the funds went on bringing in a player, would you want that or not?

£4m per season? I'd want to see where it sat with current sponsorship deals first.