Random things you have seen at Matches

olliemort

He was a few seats behind me when I was in the East Stand a few seasons back.

The native american chicken bloke?

Aye. Borrowed a ST off my mate. Not sure how long ago now. The more I think about it, the longer it might've been. :lol:

Guest toonlass

i once witnessed people in the east stand singing

it was canny random and surreal.

they did i heard them sing in 1984.

And then.......they all died?

Someone needs to put 50p in the meter then cos they've not been charged up for a long time now.  Its like a retirement home.

And then.......they all died?

they were sining 'we're not sining anymore.'

tbf, they kept to it for 25years,

Guest GAMMELL

Was at a League of Ireland match recently and a group of Shamrock Rovers fans set fire to their mascot, was f*cking priceless.

Guest toonlass

Was at a League of Ireland match recently and a group of Shamrock Rovers fans set fire to their mascot, was f*cking priceless.

Their own mascot?

A few years ago when I sat in the Leazes end there was a guy in the row in front of me who spent most of the game sat reading the Telegraph, oblivious to what was happening on the pitch.  Was the only time I saw him there so he must have only bought a ticket for that single game.

I remember when you used to see dogs at the match. No-one brings their dogs to the match anymore.

in the 70s a match would be abandoned if the players hadn't chased a dog round the pitch at least once.

Think it was the Fulham game when owen made his debut, we were sat in the corner in level 7 and me and my mate were watching this bird flying over level 7 in the milburn stand and all of a sudden it plummeted into the stand and all you could see was a load of disgruntled supporters standing up as a presumably dead bird fell on top of them :lol:

Guest GAMMELL

Their own mascot?

bluelaugh.gif  Yes, was comedy gold, his tail ignited like a shot straight to his arse and the poor bastart was running up and down the sideline trying to put it out

I remember when you used to see dogs at the match. No-one brings their dogs to the match anymore.

in the 70s a match would be abandoned if the players hadn't chased a dog round the pitch at least once.

Remember seeing Peter Withe showing some particularly sharp dog catching skills at one match.