Random things you have seen at Matches

olliemort

Guest Heneage

There's one guy you always hear from Leazes who shouts 'Dodgey Keepaaaaaa' on his own quite often. I sit at the other end of the stadium.

Arooga.  :coolsmiley:

He sounds just like my Dodgy Denzel bloke! Grey hair? :laugh:

There's one guy you always hear from Leazes who shouts 'Dodgey Keepaaaaaa' on his own quite often. I sit at the other end of the stadium.

That's him

Guest WashyGeordie

What he looks like:

Guest Heneage

What he looks like:

IT'S HIM!!! :lol: :lol:

Oh and not me, but where my friend sits in the lower leazers.

One match, a bloke pissed as a fart stumbles face first down the stairs and into the wall at the bottom.  Smashes his nose.

Anyhow, stewards/st johns came, sorted him out, blood pissing everywhere.

The whole area around him started singing 'Nose bleed, if you love the Toon'

Brilliant.

It's some bloke in the Gallowgate who sits not that far away from me.

It's some bloke in the Gallowgate who sits not that far away from me.

The guy I'm talking about definitely comes from the Leazers end, can hear him when it's dead.

Just a few months ago, I forget which game, some bloke, 40-something, he over-celebrated a goal, flying over the bloke in front of him, then over my mate behind me, knocked me to the ground, then he ended up upside down on the stairs.

He was OK, we got him to his feet eventually, he wasn't such a small bloke. I bet that hurt in the morning. I didn't see that so much as felt it. It was funny only when he clearly hadn't completely fucked himself up.

Oh bollocks, I bet he posts here.

Somebody surely knows who i'm on about here: Gallowgate, central, row KK.

These twins (probably 40's now, longish brown hair, alcoholic complexions, one with a tash) used to sit just behind me in the Gallowgate, right from the introduction of seating in 94 to roughly about 2001 - another couple suddenly had their tickets and said they'd bought them from the club.

Anyway they used to loudly sing alternating chants at random times during the match, sounded like 'wahey lads' but christ knows what it was.

I saw one of them walking out of the game for the first time in 8 years after the Doncaster match, the twin absolutely nowhere to be seen (and these guys might aswell have been siamese, never apart).

He was alone and had a definite sadness about him, he was the biggest and most upbeat loudmouth i've ever experienced in 17 years going to SJP but on this occassion he seemed meek and forlorn. I'm convinved the twin is dead.

Guest toonlass

Was at the Reading game a couple of seasons ago, last away game of the season I think it was (it was on a monday night) and Michael Owen made his comeback yet again and had a goal disallowed. But before that a woman in front of us with a pure Buckinghamshire accent was giving me and a couple of lads grief for being stood up (despite her being in the row in front). We were giving her grief back, saying things like "I'm sure the library is still open if you check" and "You would be more suited to an art gallery pet" sort of thing. When Owen's goal went in, before we knew it was disallowed, the lads went mental (they had been on the piss all day all the way from Newcastle on what felt like the longest journey to Reading ever), and fell over the seats, knocking the woman over. She went and complained to the steward, pointing us out, and who was within earshot of us, who basically told her to pack it in, and it was a football match and not the theatre. Then the lad next to me spent the rest of the match rolling spitballs out of his newspapers and spitting on the back of her. (not that I approved of that mind, but at the time it was pretty funny cos she must have felt a couple of them hit her cos she kept turning round).

Guest toonlass

Oh well, I have a story about Watford too then. We went down, was one of my brother Dan's last games, but the bairns birthday was that weekend. We were in a pub garden thing and they had a barbacue thing going, grilling sausages and stuff and the bairn wanted a hot dog. So I gave her some money but the lads we had travelled down with were stood and knew it was her birthday and so they were having a right go at the bloke behind the barbacue saying cos she was only little she should have a free hot-dog. All these charvers trying their damndest to get this bloke to part with a free hotdog. In the end he did, and the whole beer garden was cheering and stuff, mad days.

Somebody surely knows who i'm on about here: Gallowgate, central, row KK.

These twins (probably 40's now, longish brown hair, alcoholic complexions, one with a tash) used to sit just behind me in the Gallowgate, right from the introduction of seating in 94 to roughly about 2001 - another couple suddenly had their tickets and said they'd bought them from the club.

Anyway they used to loudly sing alternating chants at random times during the match, sounded like 'wahey lads' but christ knows what it was.

I saw one of them walking out of the game for the first time in 8 years after the Doncaster match, the twin absolutely nowhere to be seen (and these guys might aswell have been siamese, never apart).

He was alone and had a definite sadness about him, he was the biggest and most upbeat loudmouth i've ever experienced in 17 years going to SJP but on this occassion he seemed meek and forlorn. I'm convinved the twin is dead.

:kasper:

Guest Haris Vuckic

There is a bloke who sits in Milburn lower bit, who is bald, has a goatee, glasses, a leather jacket and one of them terrorist looking scarves.

I don't want to tell you who he is the spitting image of!  :facepalm:

Oh and not me, but where my friend sits in the lower leazers.

One match, a bloke pissed as a fart stumbles face first down the stairs and into the wall at the bottom.  Smashes his nose.

Anyhow, stewards/st johns came, sorted him out, blood pissing everywhere.

The whole area around him started singing 'Nose bleed, if you love the Toon'

Brilliant.

I remember him, I heard the crack from his face hitting the concrete and Im in row P and two sections along! Whole place went silent while we waited to see if he was alive. He took some help from the Medics then went back to his seat, half an hour later he didnt look too well at all.

I remember when you used to see dogs at the match. No-one brings their dogs to the match anymore.

in the 70s a match would be abandoned if the players hadn't chased a dog round the pitch at least once.

Remember seeing Peter Withe showing some particularly sharp dog catching skills at one match.

i was there. that dog changed the game. 2-1 down at home to either charlton or QPR (either way they wore all red) and struggling. we get a free kick 35yrds or so out. dog,some sort of collie by the looks of it enters the fray. withe ends up tackling the dog then while the defence is confused runs round the back of it to score a header from the free kick and we went on to win 4-2.

I've recalled another time. There was this regular in front of me at, he was pretty old, must've been pushing 75, perhaps 80. Well, he always wore this wooly army green hat, ridiculously thick or so you would have thought. One day i looked down, and he'd rolled it down, turned out it was a balaclava, honestly i've never laughed so much, seeing this doddery old guy in a f***ing balaclava, priceless. He got some right funny looks as well, what some people must have thought when he was on the way out of the ground.

He never came back after that...

Guest derek sausage

Seem to remember in the mid seventies  Gordon Lee won the huge bottle of whisky as Manager of the month. Apparently he didn't drink so the job of distributing the whisky in minature bottles into the crowd was delegated to the players. Now even with the size of the Leazes End centre back Glenn Keeley couldn't quite manage to hit it with his bottle. It actually ended up on the roof !

can anyone that sits in the gallowgate tell me if one particular bloke is still there?

He sits quite low down.  About 10-15 rows back, and ALWAYS without fail wears the 95-97 grandad collar home top.  Sometimes, but not often, he will wear a coat.  He always seems pissed up.  Also, he will always shout things by himself, especially when the atmosphere is quiet to stone cold dead.  Most of it sounds like utter gobbledegook.  When we were 4-1 down at home to Fulham under Souness and everyone had a face like a slapped arse, he sang "black and white army" solid by himself for 10 minutes.

Towards the Milburn side?  Think he was still there last season, can't say I've noticed this season.

yup.