Random things you have seen at Matches

olliemort

Anyone on here know/seen John from Berwick ? Little rough looking fella wears a wooly hat and scarf usually who used to get his cock out at the back of level 7. Worse than that are the pictures on his phone of what happens when newcastle win. Those who have seen him will know what i mean.  :lol:

Yes. :lol:

I used to piss meself with laughter at the way he chanted.

Guest TomTtoon

Can anyone remember the Kenny Everet lookalike who sat at the Gallowgate end of the East Stand in the early nineties, pre-Keegan era.  He used to respond to 'Kenny, Kenny giz a wave' chants from 'The Corner'.  Were you that man??  Hope he's still around  O0

two toon lads who were selling Raffle tickets or something, round the track. Took a penalty each against Peter Shilton When he was warming up for Forest,at leazes end when it was ten steps high. Then one got Throttled by a policeman.

Can anyone remember the Kenny Everet lookalike who sat at the Gallowgate end of the East Stand in the early nineties, pre-Keegan era.  He used to respond to 'Kenny, Kenny giz a wave' chants from 'The Corner'.  Were you that man??  Hope he's still around  O0

I remember him. Didn't he used to start the 'singing' in the East Stand, back then too?

I also remember going for a slash in the old Gallowgate toilets and having folk watch you from the back end of the Gallowgate (looking over) if memory serves. Those old bogs were horrendous. Well, I say bogs - it was a gutter against a wall with no roof. Almost as bad as the Stadio del Alpi!

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Some really drunk bloke calling his friend (?) on his phone after being confused about the seats in the ground, he was asking stuff like "Why are the seats here?"...Very strange stuff...After the match fell over the stairs and started wandering down towards the pitch level, but have no idea what happened after that

Guest TomTtoon

I remember him. Didn't he used to start the 'singing' in the East Stand, back then too?

I also remember going for a slash in the old Gallowgate toilets and having folk watch you from the back end of the Gallowgate (looking over) if memory serves. Those old bogs were horrendous. Well, I say bogs - it was a gutter against a wall with no roof. Almost as bad as the Stadio del Alpi!

Aye, we now think the chant was more 'Kenny, Kenny giz a song' rather than 'Giz a wave'....happy days

Tinos dad in the milburn stand being sung to every game

i also remember the guy in the east stand who was like an american indian or a warbler he used to do it before the start of every game if you went in the corner or scoreboard of the gallowgate you seen him stand up and just holler it

i also remember the guy in the east stand who was like an american indian or a warbler he used to do it before the start of every game if you went in the corner or scoreboard of the gallowgate you seen him stand up and just holler it

He was doing that from when I first started going to games with my dad, back in the very early 80's. Used to look forward to hearing him. Did he stop going to games?

Guest aoliversaknob

A little scroat of a young lad (approx aged 20) was sitting in his brothers seat (approx age 40) two along from me in the gallowgate at the Manure game two years ago.

He was giving it big licks about how ronanldo was the best player in the world and was told in no uncertain terms by the older guys behind him that may well be the case but no need to gan on about it whilst the game was still on.

Lad turned around and said "I can say what I want at the match its a free country, and anyways I earn more than you guys ever will"

After more ribbing ( for obvious reasons)  from the two guys behind him he then stood up and rang his brother on his mobile and said "Im getting loads of shit of the people who sit behind you at the match, will you batter them at the next home game for me".

Mental!

He was doing that from when I first started going to games with my dad, back in the very early 80's. Used to look forward to hearing him. Did he stop going to games?

yeah he was there when i first started going in the late 70s i think he must have either died or went back to his reservation in nevada

can anyone that sits in the gallowgate tell me if one particular bloke is still there?

He sits quite low down.  About 10-15 rows back, and ALWAYS without fail wears the 95-97 grandad collar home top.  Sometimes, but not often, he will wear a coat.  He always seems pissed up.  Also, he will always shout things by himself, especially when the atmosphere is quiet to stone cold dead.  Most of it sounds like utter gobbledegook.  When we were 4-1 down at home to Fulham under Souness and everyone had a face like a slapped arse, he sang "black and white army" solid by himself for 10 minutes.

We were sat in the Gallowgate for a European match one time and a tannoy announcement came over saying could mr so and so please go home as his wife had gone into labour and the baby was on the way. He got cheered as he walked down the milburn stand.

Wasn't that just the "Crazy Motion" simulator at the Centre of Life??  :pow: Good times....

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/57349174.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FDEB8DD87D725232125CCCDF9BD1DC2B16E4CA5C2E723F5FC1E30A760B0D811297

WTF is that in the purple? I was sat opposite and spent the whole game trying to work out.  ;D

Guest Heneage

Drunk fella against Man City who for 80 minutes kept shouting 'Dodgy Denzel' only with maybe one minute to go did he turn round to explain to the stand that David James looked like Dodgy Denzel.

Anyone on here know/seen John from Berwick ? Little rough looking fella wears a wooly hat and scarf usually who used to get his cock out at the back of level 7. Worse than that are the pictures on his phone of what happens when newcastle win. Those who have seen him will know what i mean.  :lol:

Yes. :lol:

I used to piss meself with laughter at the way he chanted.

Aye thats the one. Always tried to get the chants going to be fair to him. He's probably banned now mind.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/57349174.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FDEB8DD87D725232125CCCDF9BD1DC2B16E4CA5C2E723F5FC1E30A760B0D811297

WTF is that in the purple? I was sat opposite and spent the whole game trying to work out.  ;D

GM, ain't it?

We were sat in the Gallowgate for a European match one time and a tannoy announcement came over saying could mr so and so please go home as his wife had gone into labour and the baby was on the way. He got cheered as he walked down the milburn stand.

That's awesome.

Turned out the guy was an actor in some film/series and they just did it to get a shot if I remember.

can anyone that sits in the gallowgate tell me if one particular bloke is still there?

He sits quite low down.  About 10-15 rows back, and ALWAYS without fail wears the 95-97 grandad collar home top.  Sometimes, but not often, he will wear a coat.  He always seems pissed up.  Also, he will always shout things by himself, especially when the atmosphere is quiet to stone cold dead.  Most of it sounds like utter gobbledegook.  When we were 4-1 down at home to Fulham under Souness and everyone had a face like a slapped arse, he sang "black and white army" solid by himself for 10 minutes.

Towards the Milburn side?  Think he was still there last season, can't say I've noticed this season.

Guest WashyGeordie

'Arooga' in Level 7 (who now wears a wig every game because of 'Wig-on' when we first played Wigan @ SJP 2-3 years ago)  :snod:

Guest Heneage

Anyone see Elvis? Sit pretty much dead central (from the pitch, sits just to the left off the access) on row JJ.

Wears glasses, if so yes.  :lol:

Guest WashyGeordie

There's one guy you always hear from Leazes who shouts 'Dodgey Keepaaaaaa' on his own quite often. I sit at the other end of the stadium.

Arooga.  :coolsmiley: