Random things you have seen at Matches

olliemort

Back in the days of standing... QPR had just beaten us.  The QPR fans were in the Gallogate corner.  There used to be these concrete dividers to stop the surge of people crushing the people at the front when we scored.  One of the QPR fans was standing on a divider and really giving us some as we walked out.  A fan beside me said "fuck that" and threw a coin almost directly up to get over the fence.  The coin came down, smacked the bloke on the head and near knocked him off.  One hell of a shot.

Away to, Peterbourgh (I think) a fan decided to eat his way into a can of beer by biting the side.  He cut up his mouth pretty badly, muppet.

Does anyone remember that mackem steward a few years ago going mental after the match :lol:

It was one of the groundsmen wasn't it? Was collecting the corner flags in and then went mental!

Aye I edited it before you replied with that

Guest toonlass

Was at a League of Ireland match recently and a group of Shamrock Rovers fans set fire to their mascot, was f*cking priceless.

Their own mascot?

bluelaugh.gif  Yes, was comedy gold, his tail ignited like a shot straight to his arse and the poor bastart was running up and down the sideline trying to put it out

What was he dressed as?

I remember Hoopy the Huddle-Hound (the celtic mascot) got done for knicking something from the trophy room (think it was the CSI cup or something). Can just imagine the pawn broker's face when someone walked into his shop trying to pawn that, lol.

More Recently, on saturday the steward who was meant to confiscate the beach ball in leazes corner and instead beat it back into the crowd. No doubt he got a bollocking from the senior stewards.

Overall , a guy with his false leg in the air at Villa away and a few people running onto the pitch at Darlo pre season when Shola scored after singing "if Shola scores were on the pitch" .

Remember my first match at SJP,  the guy in front of me slept through the full 90 minutes.

Remember a bloke in front of me at the Rangers friendly at SJP about 7 years ago just spent the whole time with his head in his hands then Shearer scored, turned round and went "Same old Shearer, always scoring" to me and my Grandad then went back to sleep.

Fulham/Villa last year, four fully grown men doing some stupid tithead line dance a few rows in front as everyone made their way into the ground. Were blatantly trying to get on camera for 2good, 2 bad. Safe to say they were too shit to get on.

Away at Heerenveen there was this legend of a toon fan.  It was really freezing that night, atmosphere was friendly too. One toon fan just stood for the whole of half time with his top off (not fat though) and his arms spanned with the most passionate, determined expression.

There's also 'suitman' who I see at every away game.  Wears the same suit for years at games, every time without fail.  White shirt, black blazer, no tie, with long hair and glasses, sure people will know who I mean (or are him?).

Away at Heerenveen there was this legend of a toon fan.  It was really freezing that night, atmosphere was friendly too. One toon fan just stood for the whole of half time with his top off (not fat though) and his arms spanned with the most passionate, determined expression.

There's also 'suitman' who I see at every away game.  Wears the same suit for years at games, every time without fail.  White shirt, black blazer, no tie, with long hair and glasses, sure people will know who I mean (or are him?).

Sounds like Niall of nufc.com

Sounds like Niall of nufc.com

Seriously?  Is there a picture of him anywhere?

Guest toonlass

There is a lad who goes to Ibrox in a full Rangers Tartan suit, Pants, Jacket, waistcoat and tie. Mental.

Guest firetotheworks

A man turning around to me after Colo had been turned and went '10 million!? I wouldn't even sell him to the chinkies!'  :cheesy:

A man turning around to me after Colo had been turned and went '10 million!? I wouldn't even sell him to the chinkies!'   :cheesy:

You think that's bad? A bloke in the Gallowgate said after Geremi was caught offside: "Argh, melt him down or something, he'd make a good welly."

Guest firetotheworks

A man turning around to me after Colo had been turned and went '10 million!? I wouldn't even sell him to the chinkies!'   :cheesy:

You think that's bad? A bloke in the Gallowgate said after Geremi was caught offside: "Argh, melt him down or something, he'd make a good welly."

Fuckin hell!

It wasn't so much bad, as utterly confusing.