Lee Clark is the old Blackpool manager

Guest toonlass

Guest neesy111

Despite what there chairman has said seems like they've pushed the panic button.  Though agree with mostly Sewelly has said.

Suspect it could cost Huddersfield a few bob as well.

Got to love all the journalists who clearly don't follow League One in the slightest expressing their shock and dismay at this news whilst slating the opinions of people who pay to watch the team week in, week out.

I've no idea whether it's the right decision or not but he's been there a while now so I'd imagine their fans have some sort of clue.

Sewelly, what's the fan reaction like on the Huddersfield boards?

text my mate he said "given how much money hes spent on such a massive wage budget and wir still in league one and settling for play offs again. chairmen probably had enough, im not surprised"

Well, I did not see this coming like. Thought Clark was doing a decent job for them - after all, he got them to the brink of promotion last season and I really think he would have got them promoted automatically come the end of this season.

He got the club to go on a nice unbeaten run at one point which itself is a great achievement but drawing one too many games (which seems to have been the case for Huddersfield) can be a detriment at times imo - we saw that with us in the 2003/04 season. We drew too many games on the road that season and that ultimately cost us 4th place.

Mind you though, sacking him now is a bit odd - guess it's automatic promotion or bust for them. Hmmm.

If Clark does end up going to Leeds, then best of luck to him (even though it is a shitty club with scummy fans).

Well, I did not see this coming like. Thought Clark was doing a decent job for them - after all, he got them to the brink of promotion last season and I really think he would have got them promoted automatically come the end of this season.

looking unlikely

Their fans seem split on this and most the one's who are glad he's gone seem to be asking for some big names like Mick McCarthy and Neil Warnock.

looking unlikely

Having looked at the table, I'd say they are still in a position to be promoted automatically. You never know what could happen, the Sheffield teams could hit a bad run of form between now and the end of the season but we shall see.

looking unlikely

Having looked at the table, I'd say they are still in a position to be promoted automatically. You never know what could happen, the Sheffield teams could hit a bad run of form between now and the end of the season but we shall see.

its possible, i'd say similar chance of us getting champions league though..

looking unlikely

its possible, i'd say similar chance of us getting champions league though..

Indeed but I reckon one thing that is safe to say is that Huddersfield will be in the playoff places come the end of the season. Although admittedly, that would depend on who they bring in as manager. If the "wrong" manager comes in, they could tail off badly but if the "right" one comes in (imo Simon Grayson), they could cement their place in the playoffs or even make a strong (final) push for the automatic place.

How much money has he actually spent, on a net basis?

£1.3 million net from what I can gather.

Not sure how accurate this is - but it looks roughly like he has broken even - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/huddersfield-town/transfers/verein_1110_2009.html

EDIT - maybe he hasn't broken even - forgot he was appointed in 2008.  Don't think it is as much as £1.3 million though.