Lee Clark is the old Blackpool manager

Guest toonlass

Perfectly fair questions to which i honestly don't have a concrete answer too. I don't know - but recent history pretty much proves it. I'd imagine it is something to do with the tempo of the leagues and the way you handle different types of footballer - the zillionaires of the Premier League compared to the modestly paid players of League 2; it's just a different kettle of fish altogether in so many ways. Money's a massive factor altogether i'd say, transfers inc. Look at the turgid crap Lawrie Sanchez brought in when he all of a sudden had loadsa money to play with; fair enough Hodgson came in and did something with it but Sanchez was a perfect example of someone who didn't know how to use money well. Paul Ince brought in a load of rubbish at Blackburn, too - the MK Dons captain ffs.

The lower divisions are lightyears away; Christ - even this division we're in now is miles behind the Premiership. Tbh, my argument looks shit cos i honestly can't think of anything technical to back it up with - all i'm saying is look at those who have done it in the last four or five years. Jumped straight from a lower division to the Premiership; they've all more-or-less failed.

Not really  :laugh:

Guest optimistic nit

to be honest i would say the problem with management at the moment is less about where they start and more about the game. it doesn't matter whether you start at the bottom or the top, money is the chief factor of success now and the only teams that have any chance of breaking the mould have experienced managers such as moyes or O'Neill. I cant think of any decent new manager that has succeeded in the premiership lately. Adams failed, Ince failed and Zola isnt doing well at all at the moment. To succeed as a modern manager you need resources and enough time to get your team playing the way you want to play and with the players you want. inexperienced managers are usually given neither.

• 3 weeks later...

Never realised how broad Geordie he was until his inteview post game.

wtf, Waaalsend man.

Walker lad isn't he?

Aye but as soon as he got enough dosh he moved to Wallsend just down the road from Rich  & not far away from GimpHq.

wtf, Waaalsend man.

Walker lad isn't he?

Nope, he was born and bred in Wallsend.

EDIT: Spence, thought he was born in NE28?

Mullen Road, Spence?

Aye he was born in the Green Hospital but I was born @ Preston hospital & I ain't classing myself as N.Shields ffs :lol: I was at talk that he done a few years back just after he was let go by Fulham & after the main event I did ask him if he was "walker or Wallsend" & he said "walker"

Aye just off Mullen Rd. He ended up giving that house to another footballer Paul Baker who was/is married to his sister. Loads of the players from that era used to get to the Powder Monkey on a Sunday & not one person was glassed or attacked by the Entertainers.

"I'm not going to pick a man of the match; I'll leave that to these commercial people who've had 15 or 20 pints while they watch the game, and they'll usually choose the wrong man anyway."

Lee Clark speaking after Huddersfield's 2-2 draw at Leeds on Saturday

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I think he should go for it if offered. He is my favourite to manage Newcastle in a couple of years anyway when Hughton is finally removed. I would much rather have Clark than Shearer and a move to Burnley would give him the necessary PL experience to move to us later.

Go for it, lad.

I think he should go for it if offered. He is my favourite to manage Newcastle in a couple of years anyway when Hughton is finally removed. I would much rather have Clark than Shearer and a move to Burnley would give him the necessary PL experience to move to us later.

Go for it, lad.

Finnaly removed? Christ on a bike. :lol:

Bowling

I am not one of those. I always liked the lad and I couldnt care less whether we sign Sunderland players as long as they do a job or sell players to Sunderland as long as they end up below us.

He has obviously learned a lot from the likes of Keegan and the football he has Huddersfield playing is very good.

Of all former players in management or contemplating management at the moment, I feel Clark has the best chance of suicceeding at NUFC in years to come, if he gain good experience at top level with someone else.

Bowling

I am not one of those. I always liked the lad and I couldnt care less whether we sign Sunderland players as long as they do a job or sell players to Sunderland as long as they end up below us.

He has obviously learned a lot from the likes of Keegan and the football he has Huddersfield playing is very good.

Of all former players in management or contemplating management at the moment, I feel Clark has the best chance of suicceeding at NUFC in years to come, if he gain good experience at top level with someone else.

Agreed, always liked the bloke. I couldn't give a toss if players leave for rivals, at the end of the day their career is short and if that's the best move at the time, then that's fair - as long as they don't badmouth their previous club, it ain't a problem.

Clarky was my hero when I was 7 or 8, promotion season when he was ever-present, and I'll always wish him the best.

I  can't say I ever agreed with the idea of giving Clark a job at Newcastle without him proving himself first but fair play to him, he's doing exactly that. It would be great if he ended up manager of Newcastle one day on merit rather than because he was a former fans favourite. If he gets the job at Burnley I wish him all the best. Not many talented managers out there these days, it would be fantastic if the next one turned out to be one of our own.

Guest thefishman

wtf, Waaalsend man.

Walker lad isn't he?

Nope, he was born and bred in Wallsend.

EDIT: Spence, thought he was born in NE28?

Mullen Road, Spence?

Defo brought up in walker, went to st anthonys primary school just off walker road and glue sniffed down pottery bank, i know i was there.

• 3 months later...
Guest toonlass

Got the League 1 manager of the month award. He certainly has done well this season with Huddersfield. Learning management the proper way too.

Guest GAMMELL

Huddersfield's success this season has all been down to Sponger's invaluable input, I wish he'd get a bit more credit like.