You're not the only one shay.......

lovejoy

"I'd be more annoyed with my defenders and my goalkeeper than Thierry Henry. How can you let the ball bounce in your six-yard box? How can you let Thierry Henry get goal-side of you? If the ball goes into the six-yard box' date=' where the hell is my goalkeeper?"[/quote']

:lol:

It might be an idea for Keane to ask about his own goalkeeper and defenders judging by Ipswich's league position.

yeah, it's also worth saying that at least he wants to play in a world cup.

Me neither. How can you criticise someone who gave over a decade of loyal service any club just because he left, especially one who single handedly won so many points over the years. Ok, he could have waited till the summer but I'm sure the board had to accept the offer first before he had a chance to discuss terms with City. He's been critical of the regime and even managed to slip in a few "We's" when on Sky at the Sheff Utd game. He clearly still thinks a lot of the club. It the same as the people who abused gareth barry after 12 years at Villa. Short memories.

:sadnod:

Fuck him.

This.

If he'd have been above board about wanting to go then I wouldn't have blamed him. The way he and his agent went about engineering a move away to City was bang out of order and it wiped out all of the goodwill he'd built up over the 9 years for us. He can fuck off. No sympathy for the snidey, duplicitous little shithouse at all.

Guest toonlass

Fuck him.

This.

If he'd have been above board about wanting to go then I wouldn't have blamed him. The way he and his agent went about it was bang out of order and it wiped out all of the goodwill he'd built up over the 9 years for us. He can fuck off. No sympathy for the snidey, duplicitous little shithouse at all.

:sadnod:

Fuck him.

This.

If he'd have been above board about wanting to go then I wouldn't have blamed him. The way he and his agent went about engineering a move away to City was bang out of order and it wiped out all of the goodwill he'd built up over the 9 years for us. He can fuck off. No sympathy for the snidey, duplicitous little shithouse at all.

Agreed and in the process a keeper with a while to go on his contract,probably in the world's top 5 keepers was sold for a piddling 5 mill., due to him forcing the move..in real terms,we should have got twice that.Let's hope with a promotion Harper can sneak into the England squad for South Africa,as our keepers are hardly shrouded in greatness....wouldn't that piss Mr. Given off!!

Fuck him.

This.

Agreed and in the process a keeper with a while to go on his contract,probably in the world's top 5 keepers was sold for a piddling 5 mill., due to him forcing the move..in real terms,we should have got twice that.Let's hope with a promotion Harper can sneak into the England squad for South Africa,as our keepers are hardly shrouded in greatness....wouldn't that piss Mr. Given off!!

Got to say at this point that the fee we got for him was a fucking disgrace. The inept twats who brokered his deal to City need shooting. To agree a fee of about £6m (in installments) with the richest club in the world for our best player is a remarkable feat of incompetence. I wish a plague upon the fucking lot of them.

Fuck him.

This.

Got to say at this point that the fee we got for him was a fucking disgrace. The inept twats who brokered his deal to City need shooting. To agree a fee of about £6m (in installments) with the richest club in the world for our best player is a remarkable feat of incompetence. I wish a plague upon the fucking lot of them. 

Yup. Especially as the fees we have got for players under Ashley has been one of the few positive things they have actually done.

Fuck him.

This.

Yup. Especially as the fees we have got for players under Ashley has been one of the few positive things they have actually done.

This was down to the ultimatums laid down by Given and his agent I would imagine.

f*** him.

This.

If he'd have been above board about wanting to go then I wouldn't have blamed him. The way he and his agent went about engineering a move away to City was bang out of order and it wiped out all of the goodwill he'd built up over the 9 years for us. He can f*** off. No sympathy for the snidey, duplicitous little shithouse at all.

Got to say at this point that the fee we got for him was a f***ing disgrace. The inept twats who brokered his deal to City need shooting. To agree a fee of about £6m (in installments) with the richest club in the world for our best player is a remarkable feat of incompetence. I wish a plague upon the f***ing lot of them. 

In the same period they offered over 100M for KaKa so 6M for the premier leagues best goalkeeper while ensuring our relegation was an act of the greatest incompetence ever. No wonder Ashley is getting such richly deserved flak.

Fuck him.

This.

This was down to the ultimatums laid down by Given and his agent I would imagine.

What would they have been?

Possibly strike a la Van Hooijdonk,he was never going to play for Newcastle again after his solicitor criticising the regime in charge...as I say only summising but it seems that Man. City had us over a barrel concerning the sale.

Cloughie had finished at Forest when Van Hooijdonk did what he did. But I remember what he did to Teddy Sheringham when he upset Clough straight after buying him for Forest for a small fortune. He stuck him in the reserves for a season. Thats what we should have done to Given till he came to his senses or City coughed up >30M

Possibly strike a la Van Hooijdonk,he was never going to play for Newcastle again after his solicitor criticising the regime in charge...as I say only summising but it seems that Man. City had us over a barrel concerning the sale.

I'd probably have done the same if I was in Given's shoes. Sure that they offered that money for him at the start of the window as well.

I wonder whether the low fee was a compromise because they managed to get Shay to put in a transfer request which meant that you would not have got his loyalty bonuses etc.

I am sure the truth will come out at some point because there seems to be so many versions.  I heard that Shay knew he was going to City a couple of months before but then I also heard that the club were trying to sell him before January as well. 

I wonder whether the low fee was a compromise because they managed to get Shay to put in a transfer request which meant that you would not have got his loyalty bonuses etc.

I am sure the truth will come out at some point because there seems to be so many versions.  I heard that Shay knew he was going to City a couple of months before but then I also heard that the club were trying to sell him before January as well. 

So he would have been getting a few million in 'loyalty fees' then. 

I've never had such ill feeling for a player leaving us for thier own gain since David Batty engineered a move and stated that he wouldn't do anywhere but Leeds.  Takes a bit of the selling clubs power away if they have only one target to go to.

How would he know where he was going to if he wasn't party to negotaions - and also negates his whole reaction to the result agaist Liverpool that suddenly made him realise that we were going nowhere.

the only thing i'd heard was that he would fake injury if not sold, this was about a week before the city game he missed through 'injury'.

he stitched us because of the way he left imo, i dont so much blame him for going, but the way he did it contributed in us getting such a low fee for him.

• 2 weeks later...