You're not the only one shay.......

lovejoy

Personally I don't hold much of a grudge against Shay for the way he left. It was a messy situation and the clubs directors had turned some of the players against the club. I can see how it could have been the last straw for Given, although it does sadden me the way he left us.

But had we got double the £6m we recieved from him, would some of the anti-Given brigade be so aggrieved to his leaving?

As for Keane's comments....well  :lol: tbh. The man is a douchebag. Did anyone see the way he spoke to that journo at the same press conference after his phone went off? The mans an idiot.

I found it fairly ironic how he was dismissing the handball as cheating etc and urging everyone just forget it, that its over now...to let go. Well, if that's the case Roy then why did you go on a rant about something that happened 7 fucking years ago?  :facepalm:

I have a great deal of difficulty in believing that any of the dickheads on this forum who slag Shay off for any excuse were even born when he first signed for us.

Why's that then?

Faking injurys so he could get his move to Citeh, whilst still saying he loves NUFC, no doubt he was a quality player for us and he was loved by us here but the way he went about getting his move has rattled alot of cages.

The previous six to eight months, I don’t know, I felt I deserved better. That’s nothing against the club or the fans, I felt I’d stay at Newcastle my whole career. Had the right people been in charge and had the right investment been made in the team then I might have. The fans deserve better and I felt I did.

It was a circus at Newcastle, the decisions and things that were happening were staggering. It was no way to run a junior club never mind a Premier League club.

Grade A cunt to be honest.....he could have stayed at Newcastke until the end of the season,maybe we stay up .If not we'd still accrue more than 5 mill for him.He did us over irrespective of his feelings to the ownership,i mean what kudos did he get playing for them for the last 3rd of last season....diddly squat.

Almost 12 months on and he still sees himself as the biggest victim in all this.

When he watched us a pundit v Sheff Utd & speaks about us via the media he wants us  do well...........you 12 months on want him to lose on QofS.

Everyone makes Shay out to be super-loyal based on how long he stayed. He only did so because it was the biggest club he could hack it at.

He had a cushy number where he could hollywood bog-standard saves and be lauded as a hero and any goals conceded could be blamed on the defence. He had an understudy mate who was quite happy to sit on the bench his whole career so was never in danger of losing his place.

If the likes of Arsenal or Man Utd rated him, he'd have been gone like a shot much sooner.

The amount of goals we conceded where he didn't call for the ball or speak to his defence was ridiculous. Of course it was always the defender's fault in those situations.

I used to sit behind the goal for a few seasons. Never heard him speak once.

Guest neesy111

he has a lot to THANK US for

he played in 1 fa cup final, 2 campaign's in the champions league etc

over the 11 seasons he must of made 15-20m in wages as well

he just shows all footballer's are absolute cunts

Christ, you people are sad...

Indeed.

he has a lot to THANK US for

he played in 1 fa cup final, 2 campaign's in the champions league etc

over the 11 seasons he must of made 15-20m in wages as well

he just shows all footballer's are absolute c***s

That would include Shearer would it?

He scored less goals than Shay saved yet his wages were considerably higher.

Oh but Big Al is a hero isn't he? :rolleyes: