Preston NE 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/11/09 - post match reaction from page 16

Dave

Guest Alan Shearer 9

2 points:

I don't despise Jonas like some people, but he really must be up there with the worst finishers ever from midfield.

Ranger is quality in possession for a lad of that age. So cool.

Harper 7

Simpson 6

S.Taylor 7

Coloccini 8

Enrique 8

Guthrie 6.5

Smith 6.5

Nolan 7

Gutierrez 5

Carroll 6

Harewood 5.5

Ranger 6

Kadar 6.5

Lovenkrands n/a

Guti our worst player? Not a chance. One of our better players easily.

Being crap at finishing doesnt take away from the rest of his contribution

we got what we needed - 3 points, but not much more.

f***ing hell, our games dont get any better to watch. And f*** me, Jonas, u are s**** mate.

I thought Jonas was great tonight tbh.

Also quite enjoyed the majority of our second half performance; kept the ball on the deck more and bossed the game as a result. Much, much better performance than that against Sheffield United the other week.

Guest firetotheworks

Harper 7

Simpson 6

S.Taylor 7

Coloccini 8

Enrique 8

Guthrie 6.5

Smith 6.5

Nolan 7

Gutierrez 6

Carroll 7

Harewood 5

Ranger 6

Kadar 6.5

Lovenkrands 6.5

Thought Løvenkrands looked very sharp the few min. he was on, created 2 very good chances in the space of two min. thats more then we created in the whole game :D

Ranger was terrific when he came on, IMO. The touch for the Lovelypants break was lush in a difficult situation, would have been a class goal had Jonas been able to finish. Speaking of which, how can a professional footballer not be able to finish better than him? I honestly think I would have done better there.

I don't think I ever saw a good footballer like Ranger since Beardsly at this football club.... Fucking love the man

That must be the most stupidest and ridiculous comment i have ever had the misfortune to read on here comparing nile ranger to PETER BEARDSLEY you truly are a grade A fucking idiot

Bout time the defenders got a bit more credit, without them we'd be bottom half.

And all the 'strikers' in the championship.

Bit of both.

Hoping we've won the league by the time we play QPR so when they miss an open net or score a comedy own goal we can sing "That's why we're champions"

We are the luckiest bastards in the world at times. Am I bothered? Am I fuck :celb:

Jonas deserves to be shot for his finishing, and I'll personally drive Harewood back to Birmingham in the morning. Smith needs to keep his elbows to himself and Danny Guthrie needs to be reminded which kit we're wearing. Other than that, well done all.