Preston NE 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/11/09 - post match reaction from page 16

Dave

Comparisons to Beardsley surely aren't serious.

They're beyond a wind up. Not even believable enough for the stupidest of people to bite.

I just noticed your sig :lol: Love the "swimming around in circles" bit, class :laugh:

Also, I maintain you were always more likely to drop points against Swansea than you were tonight. Preston have faded recently and offered very little. I expect Swansea, who are on a great run, to create chances and definitely score.

Harper 7 - didn't have much to do.

Simpson 6 - solid. I'd like to see him get forward a bit more.

Colo 6 - Good enough. Still makes me nervous though

Taylor 6 - Didn't see much of him tbh. Didn't make any mistakes.

Enrique 7 - Too strong for the opposition in this division.

Guthrie 4 - Out of position most of the game. Often turned back into trouble and gave the ball away in dangerous situations.

Smith 7 - A real leader.

Nolan 7 - My MOM. Showed some surprising touches of skill.

Jonas 6 - A difficult performance to assess. Great when he has space to run into. Terrible when he's closed down.

Harewood 5 - That's the best I've seen him play, and he still wasn't that good.

Carroll 5 - Didn't get involved. Not fit, I gather.

Ranger 7 - As always, got stuck in right away. I'd like to see him start.

Kadar 7 - This lad looks like our best all round defender. Probably our best passer too.

Harper   7

Simpson   7

Taylor   7

Coloccini   7

Enrique   8

Guthrie   5

Nolan   7

Smith   7

Jonas   5

Harewood   5

Carroll   6

Ranger   6

Kadar   6

Harsh on Guthrie imo, otherwise more or less bang on.

He was woeful at times man. He gave the ball away far too much.

And then set up the winner. Made mistakes tonight, but hes one of our better midfielders.

I know he set up the winner but he made too many mistakes. I'm not going to ignore it just because he's one of our better players.

If you're not going to ignore that then are you also not going to ignore the fact that he was playing out of position? He wasn't all that good, but he was far from woeful.

"woeful AT TIMES". And he was, the passing was atrocious, you'd think he was Butt. He's our best midfielder, maybe I just expect him to be too good, but some of the passes he made tonight were just... :facepalm:

When's your next televised game? I'm getting addicted.

Step away from Newcastle before you fall in love with the club. It's a whole world of pain!

I'm used to suffer because of my football club!

Like the dark times in the late 1990s when we were s*** and... finished 6th in the league

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Its fucking ridiculous how good Enrique is at defending. Not sure he has been beaten all season! Cant believe no one has shown their interest in him...lucky us :)

You surely cannot be serious about Kadar? He looks solid enough though.

Perhaps I'm getting a bit carried away with a lad who is a work in progress, but I don't rate either Taylor or Colo that highly, and sooner or later Kadar will overtake both.

Perhaps I'm getting a bit carried away with a lad who is a work in progress, but I don't rate either Taylor or Colo that highly, and sooner or later Kadar will overtake both.

Both Taylor and Colo will be colossal next season after spending a season in the Championship.

Its like going out to Idols after a dry spell, just to wet the whistle, then heading down to the Quayside next weekend with that experience in the lower leagues. Does wonders

Both Taylor and Colo will be colossal next season after spending a season in the Championship.

Its like going out to Idols after a dry spell, just to wet the whistle, then heading down to the Quayside next weekend with that experience in the lower leagues. Does wonders

What? :lol:

Guest Chris P

How big is the lad , it was funny when he was talking to the Ref. :coolsmiley:

and iam not talking about coke can

Taylor is constantly getting better with age and Coloccini is a world cup quarter finalist who took a season to find his feet. I geniunely believe we'll keep a clean sheet when I see them in the starting lineup.

Smith at 5'10" looked huge compared to the ref.

:laugh:

I was happy with that performance tbh. We were crap in the final third like most teams in this division but we defended well and controlled the game pretty well in the second half. Especially pleased that we didn't resort to lumping the ball out of defence tonight and passed the ball around nicely in our half of the pitch, even under pressure. Sure we got caught a couple of times like Guthrie did, but he was trying to do the right thing and retain posession rather than lump it long. Very good win for me.

Some slight differences of opinion to Bobyules post.

Harper 7 - didn't have much to do.

Simpson 6 - solid. I'd like to see him get forward a bit more.

Colo 7 - Good enough. Still makes me nervous though

Taylor 7 - Good Steady game.

Enrique 7 - Too strong for the opposition in this division.

Guthrie 5 - Out of position most of the game. Often turned back into trouble and gave the ball away in dangerous situations.

Smith 6 - Lucky to stay on the pitch. Gave 100%.

Nolan 7 - The difference between the two teams was his sublime finish. Otherwise quiet which was credit to Preston.

Jonas 7 - MOM tireless performance picking up the ball in our box and running through their team to their box. If only he could shoot!

Harewood 4 - A passsenger, i can't see what Hughton see's in him at all. We need to be starting Ranger and giving him experience.

Carroll 6 - Some good spells.

Ranger 7 - As always, got stuck in right away. I'd like to see him start.

Kadar 6 - Undecided on his ability. Would like to think he could be good but not 100% sure either way yet.

Guest Chris P

Smith at 5'10" looked huge compared to the ref.

Kadar looks like he could put a few more kilo's on upper body

Just on the way back now, did anything happen as the players were going off at half time, looked like Carroll was involved from where I was stood?

Big AC elbowed their lad in the back of the head (somewhat deliberately from tv angles) just before Harewood was involved in the injury to their other centre half. Things got a bit feisty heading off and the referee had to have a word with Calderwood.