Newcastle United 3-0 Swansea City - 28/11/09 - post match reaction from page 11

Nate

I would be instructing the players to take it easy if we were 3 up at half time since the squad has to play around 50 games in the season with a smaller than normal squad size. Nothing matters apart fom the 3 points so conserving energy in games is probably high on the priority list. 

Exactly, why do people always fail to recognise this.

Because it would be nice to hand out a real battering to someone and it would send out a message, If WBA can do it, then why can't we?

This.  I wouldn't have said we were huffing and puffing using up a ton of energy in the first half anyway.

So its more important to give you a 'nice' feeling than thinking about the rigours of a demanding season?

Is it more energy sapping sitting back and defending? I dont think so.

I can't believe people are complaining, fair enough the second half was poor but we were 3-0 up after half an hour against a team unbeaten in 11. We're 8 points clear of 3rd place with 3 games coming up we should definitely win. We've won 5 games in a row

Aye from what I've seen and heard I reckon Colo will be able to step up well next year. If he gets confidence from good reactions to his performances he'll go far. hoping he could be nearly as good as Woodgate was.

Lovenkrands is a player of premiership quality for the likes of the Birminghams, Stokes etc. He as to play for us If he can keep it. He's our only really quick player.

:fishing: Based on what exactly?

You will notice I was very careful in my wording. I 'hope' he could be, never said he would be.

And its based on the fact he's an ex European football playing, Argentinian International centre back who has played for Milan, Villareal and Depor...

And he is 27....perfect age.

Howay lads get on board, surely we can allow some blind optimism creep in again no?

I think a main problem of not sustaining 90 mins of footall is Nolan going missing for at least half an hour every game. If your centre mid does that then you are pretty fucked considering the sort of forwards we have who can't drop back into midfield. Do that against a premiership team and you will be under so much pressure that you concede.

I can understand the desire to hold back when leading 3-0 and perhaps that is why we played a lot better 2nd half, was simply because you let us.

I do believe if that was deliberate though, that is a dangerous tactic. Had we scored and we had our chances, it would be difficult to raise the game again. A second then may have seen a twitchy end.

3-0 in the end though, can't argue with that.

The big difference for us is the clinical finishing, we don't have that, if we win its usually 1-0, very rarely score more in a game.

The differencfe in class in finishing is demonstrated by the stats, we had more shots both on and off target and failed to score, I believe in the 1st half you only had 3 shots on target and scored all 3.

We move on to Peterboroughg now, hopefully the start of the next 11 game unbeaten run.

By the way, our boards are nothing but praise for your City, fans and team  :clap:

I saw that fat gadge off the football league show at the ground yesterday. Was there a piece he done about us on the show? I missed it.

Aye.

Shame you missed it like, was in no way annoying or cuntish at all.

I saw that fat gadge off the football league show at the ground yesterday. Was there a piece he done about us on the show? I missed it.

Aye.

Shame you missed it like, was in no way annoying or cuntish at all.

Haha what was the general jist?

Why the hell isn't Smith's chance in the NUFC TV highlights?

Really strange one that. You can see it in the interview with CH though.

Cheers Towelie

Aye, if you turn the volume right up so you can actually hear him.

Giving it large

SPANISH star Andrea Orlandi refused to be downcast after Swansea City’s 3-0 humbling at Newcastle, insisting his team will show their true colours in the return fixture at the Liberty Stadium

“I will look forward to playing them at the Liberty because we will start better and it will be different,” he declared.

“They may be getting paid 20 times more than us but we played better than them.

“It’s disappointing because we really wanted to play good football here and we didn’t do ourselves justice in the first half-an-hour. It’s really frustrating.

“They scored early and we weren’t ready for it. But, as soon as we started playing our game, we outplayed them.

“We weren’t thinking about getting hammered or anything like that either. We just thought if we could get one goal we would get back into it. That is always our mentality here.”

Confident history would not repeat itself next time Swansea find themselves on the big stage, he continued: “We are very disappointed because we didn’t show our true standards in that first 30 minutes.

“Maybe the environment and the stadium got to us.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/swansea-city-fc/2009/11/30/orlandi-relishing-return-of-the-toon-to-liberty-stadium-91466-25282835/

Giving it large

SPANISH star Andrea Orlandi refused to be downcast after Swansea City’s 3-0 humbling at Newcastle, insisting his team will show their true colours in the return fixture at the Liberty Stadium

“I will look forward to playing them at the Liberty because we will start better and it will be different,” he declared.

“They may be getting paid 20 times more than us but we played better than them.

“It’s disappointing because we really wanted to play good football here and we didn’t do ourselves justice in the first half-an-hour. It’s really frustrating.

“They scored early and we weren’t ready for it. But, as soon as we started playing our game, we outplayed them.

“We weren’t thinking about getting hammered or anything like that either. We just thought if we could get one goal we would get back into it. That is always our mentality here.”

Confident history would not repeat itself next time Swansea find themselves on the big stage, he continued: “We are very disappointed because we didn’t show our true standards in that first 30 minutes.

“Maybe the environment and the stadium got to us.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/swansea-city-fc/2009/11/30/orlandi-relishing-return-of-the-toon-to-liberty-stadium-91466-25282835/

They played so much better than us. That's why we scored 3 goals and they scored 0.