Newcastle United 3-0 Swansea City - 28/11/09 - post match reaction from page 11

Nate

Got very sloppy second half, 3-0 flattered them after 35 minutes but us at full time. Harper and Krul have had to make at least two brilliant saves each and they had two or three somehow cleared off the line. They were 4th going into the game though to be fair and you can't knock a 3-0 win. We played some excellent stuff in the opening stages, wish we'd given them a real pasting though.

Got very sloppy second half, 3-0 flattered them after 35 minutes but us at full time. Harper and Krul have had to make at least two brilliant saves each and they had two or three somehow cleared off the line. They were 4th going into the game though to be fair and you can't knock a 3-0 win. We played some excellent stuff in the opening stages, wish we'd given them a real pasting though.

Agreed.  West Brom seem to have no problem hitting up to 4 at home or away!

A win is most important, but I'd like to see us hammer a team for 90 minutes.

Guest icemanblue

I was pleased with the sponsors getting the MOTM correct for a change. Coloccini a total cut above, you knew the Swansea attack was over when the ball went anywhere near him.

This. He was immense today, like. When he played that back heel off their player by the Leazes I was creased.

It was fucking cold today, like. I was bored shitless during the second half. Would have went home a lot happier if Smith or Ranger had put their chances away. Doesn't feel like we've just beaten a fourth placed team by three goals.

Guest icemanblue

Looks to have a bit pace about him and got his head up well to set up Smith. Looked eager to impress, too. Hope he does well.

Guest michaelfoster

Harper - 8

Enrique - 6.5

Coloccini - 9

S.Taylor - 7.5

Simpson - 7

Jonas - 6

Smith - 5

Nolan - 5

Guthrie - 5

Harewood - 7

Lovenkrands - 7

Krul - 7

Ranger 6.5

Pancrate - 6

I was pleased with the sponsors getting the MOTM correct for a change. Coloccini a total cut above, you knew the Swansea attack was over when the ball went anywhere near him.

I'm pleased as well because like Enrique who also got stick early on, it's clear that Colo has some great defensive qualities. If we get promoted and don't sell him he's one of the few in this squad with the class to step up.